September Weather chat 2019...Anyone feeling fall yet???

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

We came from here.... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1512092/?page=2#post_10443702

Hard to believe it is September already...still feels like July here.

High 89F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Tropical storm watches and warnings East coast of FL...Hurricane Dorian churning over Bahamas....guess it is just gonna sit out there for a bit.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I hear tell it is moving as slow as a snail and apt to slow even more while it sits on the Bahamas. Ouch. Another hot day, but I had indoor chores and ribs to cook for the kids when they got home. Sounds like hunters are sighting in their shotguns, tho that sounds redundant- maybe it was rifles. I heard the booms in 4 seperate locations this afternoon. Dog was coming out to visit me on my one trip to gather peppers, boom, and all I saw was ass to the house, rofl til my gut was hurting.

LOL, my dog doesn't bother about thunder and lightning, but a gunshot or fireworks, she's heading in the house.

Looks like Dorian finally gonna make the move to the north. been off and on showers and sun, like tropical storms do. Gonna be nice in between with breezes and temps in the mid 80's. They have lowered wind speeds here now, I feel better about that.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That air is being pushed our way , 85 degrees today ..

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Snort, Fall isn't about temps here. We are forecasted 101* to 109* thru Sat this week. I might mention it is hot as well. Hummers, and songbirds came to play today, chasing each other from any hanging objects, BUT ONLY BECAUSE THE SPRIINKLER WAS RUNNING. Darn cats stay off my keyboard!

This message was edited Sep 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Well yesterday was really nice, cloudy breezy and never got over 82...Today different story, HOT muggy, still breezy but even that will be gone tomorrow. High 96 today and for the next five days at least. Worst than August.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70 and sunny here

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Sept 7, 100* outside, I am back inside for liquids, and trying to cool down now. Still no rain.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Ju, your weather sounds nice.

Sunny and Hot here, but humidity has been low for some weird reason. I was able to work all morning in garden yesterday, I have lots of shade trees. LOL

Sunny high 94, no chance of rain.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun we have a week or two of hot weather to go as of yet ,
91 degrees for today , 85 or so yesterday ,

There is only a few days a year I just can't even go outside, yesterday was one of them. Today high only 92 a cool down...LOL. Still no rain...I miss my rain. Am I still in Florida???

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Sept has brought yellowing, dying leaves to the sweetgums. Thunder has rumbled dry maybes at me all day pretty much. Got 1/8" of brown rain yesterday. I went ahead and saved it anyway. 78* now at 6pm, gray skies 82% humidity and the winds have slowed now to 4mph, They left me with a new fall of yellow leaves. The hummers are hammering at the feeders, I refilled 2 more today and spread the feeders out a bit farther.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Cooler this morn 75F, high of 90F today, winds have changed ENE 10-20mph, so that will bring a cooler breezier evening. Only 20% chance of rain, which means no rain.

We had 5 days, Sept. 5-9th of record high or tie record highs here. Tropical plants don't mind though.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun lovely tropicals ..
89 for us today , sunny now , exasperating humidity near 90% rained a little early this morning , everything still dry though

Thanks Ju.

Cloudy this morning, High 88F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph. off and on spotty showers from the Atlantic. Tropical storm watch issued this morning. But it still isn't organized, probably just a rain maker.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We've had plenty of rain here. Tuesday night 2", then 1" Wednesday night. Some places west of here got 6" to 10". Then this heavy stuff moved to SE MN & on to Wis.
No rain for next few days with highs in the 80''s.

Tropical storm warnings removed, looks like Humberto will stay out in the Atlantic and eventually move NE...yeah.
Cloudy a little bit of rain this morn, 60% rain chance today high 87F. Breezy

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

57 81 for today , 57 now , feels a little cold after yesterday's 90 degrees
We did get the rain here and it is dry , very dry,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

85* now the sun is down- I sunburned my face sanding furniture all day, chuckl.

Looks like we're gonna have a hot week again. After today dryer days, less to no rain, low to mid 90's with a real feel of upper 90's.

If you can't beat the heat...go to the Springs.

We're heading here today....I'll be MIA for a week.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

63 now 83 later , cloudy and cooler this morning Lot of rain around this past week but only a few sprinkles here ,

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

89* now and cooling down. I sunburned sitting on the porch, but the seeds I threw out Thurs am have mostly sprouted. Arugula up with a vengeance, but the tarragon isn't showing, so I will have transplanting space. They could have been up yesterday as I didn't have time to go up there.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Were are an inch and a half below normal for rainfall amounts here .
70's this morning , 80's for today ,

kitt nice little seedlings mustards mints and turnip greens and beets here .

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

89*, enough breeze to keep leaves falling. I HAD up to 4 dozen hummers for 3 days-now I am back to a handful. Enjoying the clouds overhead, but rain chances are only 20% this evening. Mustard seeds, back to the hunt...

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Running a long day today, midnight @ 78*, still occasional rain with occasional flash flooding. I went down south of Houston to Hobby Airport to pu my dau and SIL during a gullywasher-took me all of 2 hrs to get down there...GOOD to be home. More rain tomorro but my rain gauge is at 1" plus maybe an 1/8 right now. I will check in the morning! and that is since Imelda hit shore.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

88 degrees sunny and hot

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

74*, I did see the sun awhile, more rain coming tonite. Had 7/8" rain thru the night- skeeters are hungry and full of poison. Watched pix of Houston flooding- I went thru or down I 45 last nite about 8/9 pm and the rain was hiding white lines. Heavy shower, no problems getting out of there and away and back up here in the NW corner of the warning zones. Whew, my knee was screaming in that Cadillac chair, I miss my birds eye view from the big truck.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Nice pretty breezy day, winds from NE so cooler. Off and on clouds, but no rain. It is 83 now at 2:30...Pleasant day. Love bugs are back, they like our outdoor fan for some reason.

Hearing about the rain in TX...flooding.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

84* temp dropping now, 5/8" rain yesterday, but only quick showers today with no volume. Supposedly another round of storms coming. Hummers are back by the dozens, so many this year.

Sunny 67F this morning, up to 89F today, no rain. Still hardy a mosquito, weird but I'm not going to complain.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

78 here today past , cold 50's last night
Calm clear 72 now ,at sunset ,,

69F this morn, totally clear skies, up to 94F...record high...sigh.

We finally got some rain yesterday, not a whole lot but enough to give a thirsty garden a drink.
70F this morn, up to upper 80's, wish I had Ju's weather, ready for some cooler temps.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Come to Minn. Only 55º here. Overcast & misty.
Tomorrow, 85º hard to believe.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70's and rain nearly all day here . 67 and misty tonight

Thumbnail by juhur7

CG and Ju, sounds nice. I am going to WV with my friend in less than two weeks, she has a cabin in Snowshoe, hope it won't be too cold, Last year it snowed a bit one day.
Last day of Sept. no fall came here, although the past week nice in morning and evenings. Still up to almost 90 by 3PM though.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

93* here, add in a few quick lite showers and a miserable day. I turned on Weather Channel and they are jumping for joy at snow records up north. Last day of Sept, I have one more day to find what I wan to get seeded outdoors

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High was 86º here today.
Now a small thundershower.
High tomorrow, 56º.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

was 92 here today , same for tomorrow
Sun Thank you
Kitt rejoicing and hoping for the return of the Glaciers

Ok, time for the October weather thread.....https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1517775/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.