We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1512845
Purple TDye 2013
Mauve Splash from 2013
The rest from 2014
?
?DFNM Mutant??
Speckled

This message was edited Aug 30, 2019 5:50 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread, and the beautiful morning glories.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

You're welcome Linda. :-)

My Blue Star opened today
Weird Saz opened 3 at once
Mauve Splash with 2 diff patterns today.
Hatsu Arashi

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful. I love the different patterns in mauve splash.

Thanks Linda, me too.

I didn't get a chance to send pics yesterday, had a new one today
Pres Bush
Debs Lovely Pink lived up to its name today
Early call Mxd (might have mis-id'd this a few days ago as Weird Saz)
Ga Strait
Unknown Pink

Those are beautiful colors Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Hope everyone had a nice Labor Day. I was out of town for a couple of days and just got back earlier today.

Love all your beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad you have al these blooms for us to enjoy with you.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Glad you're back Helena.

Gautier, MS

Glad to be back too Jackie. It was nice to be away to be stress free and rest.
I keep only having the white purp blooms, what I get for starting my mgs early. This has been and off growing season for me. My tropical are doing good though and I have a hummer.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your tropical's are beautiful Helena and the white purp too.
I didn't water my mg's yesterday so just a few blooms today.
A pretty Ukigumo
Mauve Splash
A damaged Blue Star, maybe needed some water

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Beautiful Ukigumo, I haven't grown that one in ages. Mauve Splash is always a beaut
Love your Blue Star too.

Beautiful flowers ladies. All those colors are beautiful.

Thanks Ladies.

Helena forgot to say this has been an off yr growing mg's for me too.

Gautier, MS

My only 3 blooms this morning, glad to see them though.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

I think they're beautiful Helena. Love the clear white and great soft color on your higes.
Another Pres Bush opened I've got to hand pollinate. These mg's on the porch won't open but a few so I need to try and set seeds.
Dany's # 8 I should call a cross
Purple Ga Strait
Blue Early call
Black King yesterday

Beautiful morning glories Jackie and Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Beautiful blooms Jackie. Dany's cross and purple GS is a really bloom.

I've been giving bloom booster for my inside glories hoping they start setting a few buds. They are starting to get tangled on each other. I will probably hand pollinate them too if I get any blooms.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2019 7:12 PM

Thanks girls.

Pink Tie Dye opened after a long no show
Ga Strait
Pres Bush
Unknown Pink so disappointed that this was not Incredible Blue,it was tagged as such
Weird Saz

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love your large pink blooms. George Strait looks great too. Nice Pres Bush and Saz.
Can you find my little hummer right in the middle next to tree trunk?
My only two mgs and powder puff bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena, yes I can see your little hummer
Pretty mg's. I love the pink band at the bottom of the white mg.
Your Calliandra, powder puff, looks great too. I should'have potted mine up a size,
its out of root room.

I love all your beautiful blooms. And I am glad you got a photo of your hummingbird. They are very hard to photograph.

I had a bunch of blooms today.
Very hot here, instead of cooling off like they predicted,
its going to warm up even more, 97 today.
Weird Saz
Spec MG
Dany's # 8 or cross
Cha Cha Maru has been much larger the last couple of days

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I had a hard time trying to take a pic of my hummers at the feeder, they are too fast. When it finally sat on the branch, I couldn't get any closer to take the picture.

I love your blooms Jackie. They are beautiful each one of them.

Thanks Helena,. No new blooms for me . I have just 1 that hasn't bloomed, Heavenly Blue since the raccoons destroyed the 5 new ones. Hoping for a better yr'next yr.
Very disappointing but guess I was lucky to have any blooms.

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda.
I forgot I have 2 mg's in 8 oz cups I never potted up.
One of them opened a bloom that looks like Xiongs Chinese
Too bad it was deformed. It came out of Debra's patio mix

Gautier, MS

I'm glad you have been getting blooms Jackie. I hope too I have a better year with my mgs. I have been working on my yard these last couple of days. I'm starting to feel my age bad, after a couple of works I was aching all over and almost out of breath. I found this snake hiding under a container on my back patio. I have no idea what kind it was and did not let it stay. I also rescued this turtle by putting 2 big rocks in there.

My only mg hige this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I had dh look at the snake pic and he thought it was a copperhead, glad
you got rid of it, I like turtles too and happy you rescued that one. Pretty hige
on the end,
Limit what you do as far as heavy work, some can wait until
another day, I've got 5 feet tall weeds in my g house but too hot to pull them up
until later. Hoping my dgs will help me.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I tried to look at snake pictures but really couldn't tell. I'm going to rest today. Hope you get your dgs to help you too. Help here for me comes as little as possible.
Here's pics I took this morning.
This white purp hardly ever opens completely.

Beautiful blooms Helena, love the red shrimp plant and Tecoma stans, its huge.
My new Tecoma is begging for a bigger pot I need to move it out for A little sun.,
Your Hamelia looks good and very pretty white purp.
Helena, what zone are you in to be able to grow some of these tropicals in the ground, 8 or 9???. I have a neighbor here who grows Brugs in the ground. He
mulches them really good
Just repeats

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Jackie, I think I'm in zone 8 sometimes I think it's listed as 9. I'm about a minute drive to the water Gulf Coast) maybe half hour fast walk. We didn't have a bad frost last year so my bottle brush bushes have been hardy here: hamelia patens, turks cap and others didn't die back. But the Tecomas, shrimp plant are in big pots some of my salvias too. I grow salvia Mexicanas in the ground if they die back the do come back. I have seen some yards here with Brugs, not sure if they were mulched. I tried growing the fancy hibiscus in the past and never succeeded.
Your blooms are gorgeous. The colors are really nice. Love them!

Beautiful blooms Helena and Jackie.
Yikes on that snake. Glad you didn't keep it.

Thanks Helena, I bet you're in zone 9, not having a hard frost last yr,.
I didn't realize you are so close to the Gulf. Hope you and your family get to enjoy the water
You wouldn't have to mulch Brugs there in So Ms. They like cool weather even able to withstand freezing temps for short periods of time..
I used to grow some nice Hibiscus but haven;t been able to keep them alive here lately. don't know what I;m doing wrong.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Yeah, I don't like snakes especially when I can't tell what they are. We have had cottonmouth come in the yard, and one time a baby coral snake that was moving very fast. Black snake too which I was ok with.
Jackie, I don't know what our winter will be like this year. It only takes one good frost to kill almost everything.
My only 2 mgs this morning. I'm still working on my yard. Yesterday was showing my 12 year old gs how to mow the lawn. We have a terrible ditch on one side of the yard. The city should be mowing instead of making us do it. Before the county use to to cut it before we became a city. Of coarse I helped gs mow.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, the county comes by every few months and cuts grass across the road. Right now it's been a while and the weeds have taken over my mailbox. DH will have to cut it,
We have 7 acres there's no way I could even tackle the yard and the pasture.
I'm terrified of the tractor, I know they have flipped over and trapped mowers underneath, very dangerous.
I had a few repeat blooms, did something stupid and destroyed my Xiongs bloom this morning trying to untangle it, smh
Pretty orange and peachy blooms Helena

Ukigumo with a strange bloom
dark blue purp
unusual Dany's # 8 cross bloom
my newest ginger with a tiny bloom coming out of the bract

This message was edited Sep 9, 2019 2:10 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms everyone.
Sorry you damaged a plant Jackie.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.