aloha from maui

Kihei, HI

I just signed up to this AMAZING site. Seems to have everything and more. It will really help research

I feel extremely blessed to be able to 'play’ (read work) in an organic food forest, nestled below the west maui mountains. I would like to create an inventory here so other readers can see what we have growing to further any discussions, questions and answers.

The orchard of over one acre contains numerous tropical trees and plants...including citrus, cacao, bananas, papaya, mango, avocado, star apple, starfruit, mountain apple, mangostein, breadfruit, noni, pineapple, vanilla vine, macadamia nut, malabar chestnut, abiu, dragon fruit, poha, blackberry, pomegranate, lilikoi, fig, kumquat, peach palm, mulberry, maringa, mamey, soursop, jaboticaba, capt.crunch berry, cherry, sugarcane, loquat, ice-cream bean, lychee.

Other useful plants include vetiver, gliricidia, pigeon pea, jade vine, stephanotis, pakalana, puakenikeni, awe, plumeria, hibiscus, mao, a'alii, ae ae, alahele, hao, akulikuli, mamaki, ilima papa, ohia, heliconia, bamboo, ti (codylenes), cardamon, turmeric, gingers, along with raised-beds for vegetables and herbs

Now I must go and see more of this wonderful Dave’s Garden, mahalo for allowing me to join

Thumbnail by mauigardener Thumbnail by mauigardener Thumbnail by mauigardener Thumbnail by mauigardener Thumbnail by mauigardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.