August 2019 Weather chat and photos....

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Hard to believe it is August already. We came from here...July chat... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1509195/
Weather today in Flor-ee-da is calling for a high of 84F with an 80% chance of thundershowers starting earlier.

My sons took us out on a pontoon yesterday to cruise the St. John's River, it got up to 94 yesterday, so great day for it, Blue Springs is on this river, cool water for a swim. Grandson even got to drive the boat.

This message was edited Aug 2, 2019 6:07 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun sounds nice ..
About 85 here , getting really dry now though ,,

Muggy and cloudy this morning, 75F at 8AM 99% humidity, which is as high as my humidity reader goes, 80% chance of more rain, on radar already. High today 87F if the sun comes out.

Mostly sunny day, high 92F, 50/50 chance of rain later...typical Aug day.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rolled out of bed this morn and couldn't move, chuckl. 1/8" sprinkle of rain yesterday, heat down a bit- maybe 89/90*, I couldn't talk myself into going out except to refill 3 hummer feeders, chuckl. My daughter reminded me I had climbed ladders and scrubbed ceiling light fixtures when she got home and laughed at me.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

it was 88 degrees earlier ,, tonight we had an hour long soaking rain , 76 degrees now ,, My plants needed the water

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

97*, 6 mph S breeze, 42% humidity. Dry and dusty

76F this morn, not bad on the porch, but up to upper 80's again, always a chance of rain...yesterday was pouring at my Dad's house so bad I couldn't see out my windows, ten minutes up the road at my house dry as a bone.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

still mostly mid 80's here ,

Same thing, upper 80's 50% chance of rain, sunny and clear now. This mornings launch from my backyard, taken with my cell phone. Too bad I can't put video on here. So fun to watch the rocket come back down again, second photo is contrail lit up by morning sun. Sorry bout the trees in the way.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

99*, heat index 111*, 46% humidity with a pouffy type breeze-south at 9mph. Mostly sunny, but it did spit a few raindrops at me. They dried on contact.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

88 was our high , rained about five minutes ,, fizzle ,, humid

Thumbnail by juhur7

High 92 today, clear now, 80% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. Mornings really humid.

Clouds last night approaching

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Well they were sure wrong about yesterday, it was 101F on the road at 4pm, my Jeep said so and my grandson saw it on the bank sign. A heat advisory just came in my email for today heat index of 105-110. Temp high of mid 90's and 80% chance of rain..hopefully.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun ,, my goodness , That is Hot ,, Cloudy sky with rain would help , but the humidity that follows ? egad ,,!!!

Still in the 80"s here , and , very , very ,,dry ,,

Ju, if rain is later and stays cloudy not too bad, but sometime it rains earlier and suns comes back out, then it is like a sauna. ugh.

Today high mid 90's again, but there is a 70-90% chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

93, on its way to 98*, 56% humidity. 9 mph SE puffs of breeze here under the pines. Loo- Chia says SHE likes it! Someone mentioned Houston outdoors was comparable to taking a hot shower and putting clothes on before drying off. I agree.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt cute Kitty ,, That little Tiger has one angry look , smiley ,,

76 degrees cloudy. only a few sprinkles so far..

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

8Pm CDT and it is still 100* outside, my plants look like drying herbs out there. 53% humidity, 7 mph barely there SE moving air.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Heavy humid air here 80's ,,mostly ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

It just rained - a few sprinkles. 5 miles away there were puddles and a rainbow. Clouded up about 2 pm while I watered and that was a blessing. Hot, yes everyday now, just waiting for cool morning air - if 89* in the morn is cool.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

87* feels like 96*, 64% humidity, 6 mph East breeze. 2015 pm CDT. Pretty sunset forecasts a 'Sailors Delight Day' tomorrow

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

low 80's waiting on rain , cloudy , 60% the chance ,

Kitt Nice photo's Gulf frit visiting ,, pretty sunset too ,,

That kitty has striking eyes.
We've been beachin it the past week with our sons, nice breezes over there and some big storms out over the ocean.
Back home today, 76F at sunrise, up to 92F and a 60% chance of afternoon thunderboomers.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

August has no changes, too hot, the grass is brittle in the ground and actually resembles hay, no rain, just too hot.

I don't know what happened yesterday but we had a brief rain around two pm and then it stayed 80 the rest of the day...so I did some tree trimming. Feels nice this morning, but will get up to low 90's.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We had a bit of cool down and 2" of rain. I was catching buckets everywhere and my daughter made me come indoors and dry off. We drove toward San Antonio and it is much drier here. Sunny, breezy. Heading home tonight

No rain yesterday, probably none today, east coast maybe but will fizzle before it gets here. High 92F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A couple days and nights of rain showers followed by today's 70's and a few days of cooler weather,
Much nicer and the rain was needed ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Woke up this morning- Sat am that is- to 1/8" of rain. Pretty day but evening heard thunder- at 1am CDT it is a gentle rain falling outside. Was reading an old farmers tale that when you see the solidago (goldenrod) blooming there are only 6 was left til first frost. Sept is coming so soon.

I see no Goldenrod blooming yet here. Ju, sounds nice.

Weekend was no rain and warm, but evenings had a good breeze from NE winds, some tropical thing in the Atlantic, which has moved on up and out now.

Today high 92, with a 70% chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I don't know what happened, but I am not getting an update here.
July was way above normal for temps. Now August is cold.
Highs have been low 70's & lows in low 60's, even high 50's.
Crop development has slowed way down.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A rainy cool day at 72 here .

yes this does update slow once in a while

Kitt Goldenrod is about to bloom here

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

97* nothing cool down here in the south. My hummers are tripling, but I don't believe it is migration yet, we have heat warns out since people don't realize their innards are turning to stew when they stay out in the sun...106* feels like, and I know I am cooler than the Houston temps 1 hr south of me. Back to watering, and watching the grass grow...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

upper 70's and rain for two days here

Thumbnail by juhur7

Nice to see ya CG...Beautiful Sunflower Ju.

Still about the same old thing here, high 92 then it rains and cools down,.creeks are overflowing, retention ponds full to limit. Storm in Caribbean might be headed this way...here we go again.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's things we took to market yesterday. Sold most of them.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Oh, you are wondering what the green things are in the 4th picture.
Cousa squash. Very popular with mid east people. It is a summer squash.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun Thank you

CG Good food is good food looks wonderful ,,

Upper 70's and milder here

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Thunderbooms today- one of which was a telephone pole fuse blowing- I told the electric company a bomb blew and the electricity failed. Took an hour to repair. Houston got rain, I stayed sunny and hot, hummers feeding and blue jays waiting on the black seed to fall closer to them...no breeze today, started a crossword puzzle.
Jim, Old Farmers Almanac is predicting constant snowstorms this winter, I just don't see them in the southern gulf states, chuckl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.