Morning Glories 2019 #07

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1508415
Sunrise Mxd 7-18-19

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Helena, that salvia is beautiful. I have never seen that color.

Nice to see you are getting blooms Jackie. Love the color's you have.

Thanks Linda, I think I will have another new mg vine open in the am.
Wish it didn't take me so long to get blooms, over 2 1/2 to 3 months.

Mis-named mg. Tag says Blue Saz, looks more like Blushing Bride or
one of Helenas Choc Silk crosses. Seed from 2013
Another Sunrise Mixed bloom. the color is just amazing on this vine.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful blooms on the other thread Jackie. Love the blue color. On the above pink pics, could be Pink Porcelain. The Sunrise has awesome color.
Another bloom from salvia Amante. A mg bloom from this purple blzd.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I bet you're right on the Pink Porcelain Helena. I could not for the life of me
remember that name.
Pretty Purple Blizzard and love your new Salvia bloom.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Had to water my plants today, got a few sprinkles but that was it.
A few blooms today. I started Tecoma orange blooms, secret to get them to germinate: seeds need to be fresh, humid weather and very moist soil.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, pretty purps and small orange mg. Crazy about your Erythrina blooms.
Mine has never bloomed.
Mine dropped all its lvs, (in the winter) the new ones came out very healthy and then the mites got to it b4 I even knew it,.
The tag says Mt Fuji in 1st pic, but makes me think of Cha Cha Maru, unusual color too.
I love this one Sunrise Mxd berry colored.
Purp in tub
Edited to say cha cha might be a fuji, I don't know.

This message was edited Jul 20, 2019 8:17 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Helena, glad to see you figured out how to get those seeds to sprout.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
My Erythrina is growing outside for over 10years.or more. When I first planted it, I made a wire fence around it then rake loads of leaves inside, cover it with blanket and tarp to protect it from the frost and cold. By spring it woud be sprouting. Last couple of years I decided not to cover it and it has taken the cold pretty good.

Love your blooms Jackie. I think that is Cha Cha Maru too. Sunrise does have a nice rich color... the purple purp too.

Thanks Linda and Helena,
The Cry baby tree, Erythrina bidwilli?? is hardy here so mine might be too
even though mine is not the same cultivar. I think mine is E coraldendron
I have a friend whose cry baby trees die down to the ground each yr but get 7 feet
tall by the middle of June,

Gautier, MS

I use to have Erythrina Cry Baby too, Erythrina bidwillii is different cultivar. Cry baby did die back and come back but I didn't have it in a spot. Bet you I still have seeds of it.
A bloom today from country blue-water color, waiting for better blooms from it.

Helena, I had to look up cry baby tree since I have such a hard time remembering some names.. Its Erythrina Crista-galli. I would love to have one
Love your blooms today. Beautiful Country Blue Watercolor.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, yes that's the name for cry baby. I don't see it growing around here anymore. There was a nursery or two, don't know if they still do that offered it for sale but then they want an arm an a leg for it.
We are getting rain, took a few pics this morning before the heavy rain. I have 4 mg vines that are growing in my laundry room under lights. I need to get them in bigger pots and I'm keeping them inside b/c of the bugs that go after the leaves outside. So far they are doing good.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. I have never heard of the cry baby tree. I had to look it up. Very pretty tree.

Pretty blooms Helena. Of course, I love the pink
The bugs are awful here too,
Lavender LYK 1st bloom, 2 inch bloom
Luna moth my 1st one to see this summer
Sunrise Mxd Pink, this is a 5 inch bloom
Lite blue Tie dye
Blue Lav beauty

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful. I love that Luna moth.

Thanks Linda. I love the Luna moth's too.

A lovely bloom this morning. This was marked Ziongs or Prettiest Saz since i didn;t
know for sure which sds I had gathered yrs ago. So now I can mark these as
Prettiest Saz This has got to be a cross, open pollinated 7 or 8 yrs ago looking more like a Tie dye cross.
My Almost red Sunrise Mxd torn from the high winds. Not complaining as its nice and cool here today and for several days to come.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie those are so pretty. I love that blue one.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Gorgeous blooms your getting Jackie. The color of that Sunrise and the size is special (tag for seeds). Love your Neat Luna moth. Glad you can tag your Prettiest Saz.
Only one bloom for me, Watercolor. It has been raining cats and dogs here.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, that is so beautiful. Love the color's in it.

Thanks Linda, me too.

Gautier, MS

I love your blooms and color from each Jackie.

Sunshine today, great temp right now.
Lucky to get any blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I missed your beautiful Watercolor bloom above. One of my favorites
and I have a sd laying out somewhere I intended to plant. Now I have to look for it.
Pretty blooms today.

I had a few blooms this morning.
My prettiest Saz not
Pink Porcelain
Rebecca
Shoo-fly
Thistle coming up all over the yard, treacherous barbs. Sds from my sons giant plant several yrs ago. His was beautiful with lvs 4 feet across and almost as tall.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Pretty colors. I do like seeing thistle pink and lavender blooms along the road.
My only repeat blooms for today.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
I love your higes Helena. You've had some lovely white blooms too this'
summer. Please remind me what is the name of your lovely white with
pink stripes.
I had a bloom marked Blue Saz should have opened today but instead, the bloom looks like it has already faded, impossible, it was plump and ready to open this morning,. I wonder what happened, I made sure it was well watered, smh

Beautiful blooms, even if they are repeated.
Sorry about your bloom Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Jackie I think it's one of my Pink porcelain and chocolate stripes crosses. It's a small to medium bloom. I only have names for a few of my blooms otherwise I just have descriptions of the blooms. Sometimes totally different from what I'm expecting to bloom.
Don't know what caused your bloom to fade Jackie. I've had too many this year that do not want to open at all. Half the time I end up damaging them when I try to open them.

I';m going to water it again this evening Helena, just in case. I've let some of the pots get so dry, its hard to get them wet. I may have to dunk the pot under water and hold
it down till it quits bubbling,.

Gautier, MS

My mgs and plants need to dry out a bit from all the rain we got. Funny it's either too much or not enough.
My blooms for today. When I took the pic of the chocolate bloom this morning I checked the label; so I had written that it's choco& blzd. Yesterday and some of the other blooms on this vine were choco stripes. The seed was from 2009 vine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty purple bloom Helena. I love that your Chocolate blizzard is so variable,
changing into stripes. Sure is a lot of fun when you don;t know what it'll do next.
Today I had the pretty Saz bloom again.
Ordered this Tecoma stans from Ebay, Site said it would be 2 plants, but they sent me 3 or more. I'll order from them again, 4.99 plus shipping great price

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Your Saz is beautiful Jackie. I really like the blue color stripes. Your Tecoma stans look great too, healthy plants. Glad you found a good site to buy from. I have a few favorite on Ebay too.

Look at all those beautiful blooms and plants.
Thanks for posting them.

Thanks Helena and Linda.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
My choco blzd made 2 striped blooms this morning and I like the #8 light blue from Dany's mg seed. I finally potted up my inside mgs with clean pots and fresh soil. So they will get maybe 2-3 hours morning sun from the window and still be under growing lights. They look much healthier than some of my mg outside.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Vert pretty blooms Helena. Love the Chocolate with stripes and Danys #8
is lovely in light blue.
This is the 2nd or 3rd day that my Sunrise Mxd almost red has been deformed
LYK lavender
Pink Porcelain and
Cocoa Chocolate looking somewhat like Star of India or it is SOI
What looks like a Dragon fruit forming on the left (on a night blooming cactus) and one of the Plectanthus sp?
with pretty little blue flowers. This one is grown for its flowers.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Your Sunrise mxd still looks good Jackie. I love the blue color and your Cocoa Chocolate are my favs. Pink porcelain will always be special. Neat blooms on last pic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.