July 2019 weather chat...the heat is on...

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Late storm last night, much needed...sunny and high of 94 today, slight chance of rain.

We came from here.... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1507149/?page=1#post_10433639

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

90* partly sunny, little rain every day, 54% humidity feels more like 98* outside sauna.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

was 92 with 93% humidity was hot ,,
2 is the shade index

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

AccuWeather is claiming 90*, my tmeter says 80*. 1&1/4" over nite, but the rain is starting back up now. I doubt the 59% humidity as well, closer to 80%.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Micro-climate stuff ,, How to get cooked or washed away this year .
92 degrees , partly cloudy ,. Chance of rain ,

Got a Heat Advisory in my email a minute ago...high 95F, but index 105F, an 80% chance of afternoon showers. Getting used to it really.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here it is 84 degrees or so, cloudy , the humidity is 73% the dew point is 73% it feels heavy , rained early , 50% the forecast for more , it looks like it will rain ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

You are having my weather July, 83*, humidity 74%, 4 mph sweet breeze. 1/2" rain yesterday, feels like 90's but had enough sun to get in and cut down the finished tomato vines, gather cukes and the Tabasco peppers, well, a few of them anyway.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

81* currently, hi of 90* expected. 94% humidity, 8 mph SE breeze. 3 am we had a short hard thundering 1/2" of rain and gone in 20 min. Soggy. Very Soggy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

84 this evening here after a high of about 92 and sunny , hot enough for me,,,

Rains have returned, so it doesn't quite make it to mid 90's...today's high 92F with 100% chance of rain...pretty cloudy today.

Plants in the fire-pit in the summertime.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

94* this evening, got the mowing done once the rains let up. I have kicked the cats out since Ms Warbeast is playing dirty with the older boys and beating them up. The heat settles her down, but it amuses me to see her shedding, so wet the cyclamen are trying to grow.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Ms. Warbeast looking pooped out. I think outdoor Kit Kat is wanting to become in indoor kitty with all this heat.
Just about every day up to 92ish and then some rain cool showers or close enough to let us outside for a bit.
offshore showers this past week at Saint Augustine beach.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It will be in the 90's here today ,mostly sunny ,makes it mostly plenty hot ,,whew ,,,

Mingles walks around singing and complaining until he gets to lay under the deck , Hot weather kitty grumpies he has ,,

Had a late long heavy rain last night...but they say the tropical storm in the Gulf will suck our moisture away for a few days. Today high 92F only 20% chance of rain.

These big spiders, Golden silk spider, love this heat.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Yup, my 3 love the front porch, under it and on top of it. 90* feels like 99* chance of t'storms all day, but sunny now, N breeze at 12 mph, 58% humidity, chores calling. I just whapped a large banana spider had itself attached to my hummingbird feeder, big ol female. I only love the heat when I have a/c to retreat to.

Our AC inside unit is 22 years old, hubs has totally rebuilt outside unit a few years back...keep hoping it holds out.

Today high 95F sunny and 20% chance of rain, which means no rain.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

79* currently, but looking at 90*, 3/16" of rain brought humidity to 79%, 20% chance of rain all day, cloudy now. 7 mph light NW wind.

High today 94F with a "feel like" of 103, 50% chance of afternoon thunder boomers. I'm going to attempt some hedge trimming...hope I don't die. LOL

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

88* hi of 93* due, 71% humidity, 5/8" rain yesterday, 11 mph southern breeze. 20% chances of rain all day partly cloudy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

84 degrees here off and rain , wind building up thunderstorms for tonight

Thumbnail by juhur7

Rains pop up the last couple evenings we got spit, but dad ten minutes away got hail...that's Florida.
94F high today, 50% chance of rain.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

About 94 today , heat index was nearing 100 a few hours ago ,

We did finally get a good amount of heavy rain last evening for a couple hours, so now the garden happy again.
High today 94F 40% chance of rain later. Feels like 100 out there at 1PM.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sunny 94 degrees approx , hot , hot ,couple of days ..

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Dropping to 92* now, sunny all day, lowest temp 77* tonite. SWEET Crunchy Lime pickles, done now. Cookies made, choc chip, pecan, Oatmeal cookies. Grandson ready to go float the river tomorrow in New Braunfels - helped me all day. I saw 2 new movies! New for me anyway, chuckl. I am ready to kick back now they have left.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt Looking delicious there

96 here for today , those make heat indexes of 110 to 115 degrees

A white Candy Cane Zinnia , The green stripes failed , Nicest white Zinnia I've ever had
A couple more

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

That is a nice white Zinnia there, Ju.
Lime pickles, yum. Cookies even better, grandson is too gosh darn cute, hope he has fun on the river.

News said, "June and July have been breaking more record high temps this year than any other"...I believe it.

Yesterday made it to 96F, today they say 91F probably since it is a bit more cloudy today. 50% chance of rain.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I keep meaning to post earlier in the day, but don't want to verify that it is hot out there, and dry, at least not until I get back inside and cool off. Dry, hot. Promises of rain are just empty.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

10 am & a Cool front has breezed in this morning. 73* hi of 85* due. 61% humidity, 9 mph northeast leaf shuffling breeze. Such a relief!
2pm cdt and as usual, temp going on up, 88* now.

This message was edited Jul 24, 2019 2:12 PM

Send that cool front over here, please.

A bit of a tropical thingy out in the Atlantic. not sure if it is pulling all this off and on rain from the Gulf over us today, but feels nice. 84F at 3:22 PM, usually 94 at this time. The sun is out now.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Partly cloudy but mostly sunny and 78 degrees , Saying 80 for today but with a breeze and when the clouds block the sun it is nice , Hot when the sun gets you ,

Been raining off and on all morning, 77F now and 92% humidity, but I did get an hour walk in.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Almost 90 and sunny today , low 90's for tomorrow , getting kind of dry here

Sunny high of 90F with a 40% chance of rain today, less than the past few days.
A photo of an ominous cloud while on the road the other day.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rainy day here, only 75º.

July has actually been cooler than June, mostly due to afternoon thunder storms. Partly cloudy today, high 89F and 50-80% chance of rain, depending which weather station you choose.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rained yesterday , cool night last night , 74 this morning , still mid 80's in the afternoon Hot when it is,,

Sun the happy turtle !!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We got 3/8" of rain yesterday evening-with lots of branch tossing winds and thunder. 83* currently, temps going to mid 90's today now that the heavy clouds are starting to move off. Had no wind, and no sun, and humidity at 94% is heavier and more oppressive than when it is actually raining and 100%. Air is starting to shift- 2mph from SW. Have already used the 6 gals of rain I caught off the roof on a couple of plants the leaves are so big they block the rains.

Sound like our afternoons here Kitt.

Time for a new weather thread.... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1512092/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.