Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1505915

All from "Aug 2012

PInk Tie Dye
Tai Aki
Shishi botan
Purple Tie Dye
Purple Hige

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Bumping the new thread to the top

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie from 2012. Love all those colors.

I had a nice blue bloom this morning from Dany's #8 seed. It has a slight darker star but not as dark as it should be. Maybe a bit of a cross from the original seed. I like the darker center on the purple and the little orange blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.

Beautiful blooms.

You're welcome Linda.
Helena, the blue bloom is to die for and beautiful purple bloom.
I like the little pumpkin bloom too. I dug out my pumpkin sds from you but can't remember if I started one or not. I need to plant one in my outside tub.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackson.
Hope you started one of your pumpkin seeds Jackie. I like seeing my blooming.

Helena, I'll try to plant one tomorrow. Hate it that I can;t remember.
Today I was in town so went by Farmers Marlet and they had the beautiful elephant ear'with the white stripe down the leaf center so I got one. He;s got great prices, just 7.99 for one that already needs a larger pot. I';ll try to send a pic tomorrow. Logees
would charge 25.99 for this size.

That is a great price for an elephant ear plant.

Linda, yes it is. I was having a great time seeing what all he had but had to leave early, I hope I can go back today and finish looking.\
My elephant ear is top heavy so I had to prop it up in a bigger pot. Sorry for all the junky pots lying around messing up my pic.
My Plummies still blooming
My Curcuma Ginger bloom getting prettier every day
Bought this ele ear from the same place a few weeks ago.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful. I have only seen the solid green ones.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Neatest elephant ear colors. Nice to see your curcuma bloom, didn't know it was a ginger plant. Love your plumeria blooms.

Only had four blooms today, 2 white and 2 orange blooms. Got them before the rain shower came.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, yes the Curcuma is a ginger.
Very pretty blooms today in white and orange..
I finally see tiny buds on my oldest mg's. Yea!!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'm glad to hear you have buds on your mgs. You'll have blooms before you know.
I missed the blue bloom yesterday, so I wanted to move the pot for a better pic. Of coarse I did it in a way that I ended up damaging the bloom.
Still have not gotten a really nice bloom from this purple. The little orange always look good.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Sorry you damaged the bloom. Beautiful colors Helena.

Lovely blooms Helena. IS THE chocolate on white the one with no id?
I really like it.
Beautiful blue bloom reminding me of no Sora a little..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Dany's #8 cross had another pretty bloom. Didn't have to move it this time.
Yes, the chocolate has no id. I think it's sterile too, I don't see any pollen on it.
These are from this morning.

Beautiful blooms Helena..
I love Dany's # 8 cross
Pretty pumpkin and orange blooms.
My pandy opened her 1st bloom yesterday..

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.
I had a spider lily bloom last night during a thunderstorm. I think it is a spider lily. Someone on Facebook said it could be a Peruvian lily.

Forgot the photo.

Thumbnail by taters55

Its beautiful Linda whichever bulb it is.

Thank you.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful pandy bloom Jackie.
Beautiful lily bloom too Linda.
This are my blooms from this morning. The red 4 o'clock was closing. The orange hummingbird closed bloom I started from seed I collected from my plant years ago and had it stored in refrig. I lost the original plant and didn't want to buy another online.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your mg's and the beautiful red 4 o'clock

Helena, those are beautiful. Glad you saved seeds, and they grew for you.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
It's very windy here this morning. Maybe a storm and rain coming this way.
I didn't really check my mgs, the white purpurea is supposed to be with split petals but it seems that it doesn't even want to open fully. Haven't taken pictures yet, maybe nothing worth taking.

Helena, check and make sure that your split petal mg has enough moisture at the roots or it won;t fully open.. I used to have that problem all the time.Some days if
I got out there early enough and watered it. it would open all the way.That was more of a problem with nils though and not my purps, smh

Gautier, MS

Thanks for the info Jackie. I'm going to have to water my plants more often. We are going through a very dry spell, the rain showers that have passed through didn't amount to anything.

About the same here Helena although we had a good rain yesterday. It was so rainy
here for so long, that we were happy to have a drying out period.
Helena, so excited, my blue Lavender Beauty is going to bloom first, buds getting larger. :-)

Today a pit bull attacked my sons 13 yr old cat and shattered her front left leg
she was in her own yard minding her own business. ..
When he realized the dog had gone after his older cat, he went running and yelling, too late.
The damage was done. 600.00 plus tonight and tomorrow our regular vet will have to amputate her leg, can;'t be fixed.Probably be another 400 to 600.00. I would love to make this irresponsible pet owner pay for our cats surgery. . .

Oh no. Make sure they file a police report.
Sending prayers for the cat and your family.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I'm glad your Lav Beauty is going to bloom soon.
So sorry to hear about your cat being attacked. I hope something can be done about the pit bull running loose. Can you sue the owner. We have leash laws here and even had owners go to jail for letting their dogs run loose.
Had a few nice blooms this morning and other flowers blooming. Peach hibiscus and Anisacanthus "pumpkin" on last pic.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Linda, thanks for reminding me about doing a police report, so stressed here I
didn't even think about filing one,
Helena, we're out of city limits on a state highway so no leash laws. .
I;m going to call the local convenience store and usually they know whose dogs are running loose.
Absolutely beautiful blooms this morning.What is the big pink bloom under the peach and orange small mg's in 2nd collage?? Love your dwarf mg.small like Count Drac. Wish I could remember the type (a Sr moment) ovely Hibiscus and Anisacanthus bloom.

Gautier, MS

We have animal control to call on Jackie, guess it's different when your out in the country. We have people that walk their dogs some let them run loose too. But hope your cat gets better after surgery. Awful thing to go through.

That pink bloom is one of my new roses Jackie. I'm not growing any of the "Count Dracula" type. Can't remember the name for them either.

Helena, those are beautiful. Love all the colors.

Good news ladies after we were so worried about our cat. She came thru her surgery just fine and the vet says if she continues to do this well, she can come home tomorrow evening. If they had tried to set it, it might not have healed.(due to her age) and her leg would still have needed to be amputated. So glad this is over with and done..

My Blue Lavender Beauty opened her 1st 2 blooms today.
Crinum love the fragrance
1 of my daylily's
ginger
strange bug on pandy

Glad to hear that you cat is going to be ok. I imagine it will take some time for it to learn to walk onn3 legs.
Beautiful blooms Helena. That is a strange bug!

Thanks Linda. A very strange bug. when i got close to him, he reared up on his hind legs at me. I guess trying to make himself look larger. lol
Ds went to see our cat today and loved on her. They;re keeping her one more night to be sure shes ready to come home. Linda,you're right, she can't figure out how to walk yet on 3 legs. She'll learn.soon though i think.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2019 1:52 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
Glad to hear your cat is doing good and will be ok. Seen lots of animals with 3 legs on vet shows that do real good on 3 legs.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad to see your Lav. Beauty blooms and other pretty blooms.
My blooms from yesterday and this morning.

Thankjs Helena,
Love your gorgeous blooms today, especially that wonderful split petal pink.
What a beauty.
Helena, we did get to bring kitty home yesterday. They had to force feed her at
the vets yesterday. DS had to do the same last night., but she is so happy to be home that she started walking late last evening so we are very hopeful that she will be just fine. That pit is still running loose so ds is afraid to let his other cat out.
Our vet bills for both places was over 1200.00 ouch!!
Edited to say she ate on her own a couple of hours ago.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2019 4:57 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.