It's so easy to glean an e-mail address

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I wanted to let you know about an interesting e-mail I just received. The person simply wrote: "Try here:
http://davesgarden.com/loggedin.php," which leads you to the Home Page at Dave's Garden.

This was a response to one of several listings that I have at Blossomwap.com The problem is, however helpful this person is trying to be in referring the Dave's Garden site, but not knowing that I'm already a member there, they also neglected to say which topic it referred to. No, I'm not harping on the "proper practice of e-mail writing"...I guess my point is, this is yet another aspect of the spam issue, i.e., gleaning and then obscure e-mail referring a person to a site.

I just hope it isn't one of the DG members who eventually runs into a "radical" person and causes any untoward feelings towards DG.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!