Morning Glories 2019 #05

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1504020
# 1 ?? or Aogakiyama
# 2 Helenas Watercolor
# 3 Choc silk lookalike
# 4 I didn;t id this one but I love it
# 5 mg tree cross looks like Pink Frost

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.
Beautiful colors in those blooms.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful, love those blooms too Jackie.

My blooms for today. Two chocolate silk with star on different vines. Repeat lily bloom with hummingbird blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Love that pretty pink with darker star Helena.
Pretty other blooms too, esp the pink trumpet looking bloom
in the 2nd set.

Helena, those are beautiful. What is the purple bloom?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
That trumpet blooms is a find in Lowe's another Tecoma Stans, Bells of fire. I had one before that I grew in a huge pot but when I put it in the ground it didn't make it over winter. This one I will grow in pot and just keep repotting it as it needs it.
Linda the purple bloom is Salvia Amistad. I've been growing it for several years. Last fall I started a bunch of salvia cuttings from all my plants to keep them going.
One of my purple plums, choco, last seed from Emma's silver shadow seeds from ages ago.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful colors Helena. Thanks for the ID on the salvia.

Love the Tecoma stans Helena.. I had the yellow one or gold colored one yrs ago but lost it. Your Purple Plum is gorgeous I think I started a Silver Shadows too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I'm hoping for better blooms from my mgs from yesterday.
Here's a few more from today. Flying saucer was going to be huge but it was refusing to open early, so this is what happens when I help it open. The pink choco star with blzd that you liked Jackie. Seems like a Star of India in different color. Chocolate silk and last a plain purple.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena, I love the FS even if it split. Thats what happens to me too when I help them open. Your Pink Chocolate star is a beauty and wonderful, dark
color on your Chocolate Silk
Blue tie dye 2014
Blue Silk 2014
Red Plummeria
Pink "
Amaryllis blooming 5-19-19

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'll try to be more patient and wait for the blooms to open. I was out looking at 6:15 am.

Love your beautiful blooms Jackie. All those colors are so pretty. The plumeria soft pink is my fav, the color of amaryllis too, also love that soft blue silk, can't forget the blue tie dye either.

Beautiful blooms ladies. I love all those colors.

Thanks girls.
Helena. I wish I could have got all my Plumeria's to bloom but its hard for me.
I;m lucky to have 2 blooming.
I'm still carrying all my plants out of the g house. I have about 30 or 40 more to carry
out. Still trying to start more mg's. .

Gautier, MS

I know how it is Jackie, some plants are harder to get to bloom or easy to grow. I have lost too many to count.
Hope you get help in carrying your plants out of your green house.
My blooms for today!

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Thanks Helena. I did get about 15 more plants carried out today.
Love your pretty blooms today. Lovely SOI= Star of India and other nils.
and purps too. Beautiful blue Salvia.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Glad you were able to carry some more of your plants out Jackie.
Lot's of blooms this morning here, so I'm making collages b/c there's too many to download and post. Separated into purples, whites and chocolates.

Gautier, MS

After going back outside to check mgs again, I found Karen's choco specks and stripes bloom hiding. Took more pics of the purple star with richer colors than earlier with more of a blue color than purple. It had 3 blooms. The last bloom, I'm not sure if it's the dark chocolate.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. I love your pretty Chocolate silk blooms. and Purple Star
Unusual bloom on Karens Specks and Stripes, maybe the 1st time I've seen it. Love your purple speckled.

Those are so pretty Helena. Amazing how they change colors during the day.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Some of the blooms have too many defects to post.

Here's todays blooms. I might have repeated the Silver shadow bloom and one or two others.

This message was edited May 25, 2019 8:09 AM

Gautier, MS

I don't have my mgs all near each other so I end up missing one or two here and there. These two were small blooms but pretty.

Gorgeous blooms in all 3 collages Helena. What is that lovely blue bottom, left, in the 1st collage?? I know you've probably told us but what is the pretty bloom, 3rd collage, middle right and also that beautiful blue bottom left?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
That middle right has no ID and the other one is what I call Saz. baby blue blzd. I hope the blooms improve but they can be really pretty.

This message was edited May 25, 2019 6:44 PM

Helena those are beautiful. I love all the different colors and patterns.

Well they were all lovely Helena.
I only have 1 hige up in the ground where I planted at least 6. Hardly any of the
purps I planted came up. Must have washed away with all the rain. I'm going to replant after I soak a few to get them pre-sprouted. Running out of time. to start
them. Even if I don;t get blooms till Sept, I need time for sds to ripen b4 frost

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Hope you can get some more started Jackie.
I don't have as many as I grew before and yep I lost quite a few when I put them in gh. I am enjoying what I have but frustrated when I see the bugs that love mgs too.
Three collages for today, last collage bloom top right is a repeat bloom from yesterday.

All gorgeous blooms Helena. I love the purple star on blue background and'the subtle color of your pink on white blooms.

Helena, those are so pretty. Not for sure what I am doing wrong, but I have no seeds sprouting. I have soaked some, some I just planted. Nothing is growing.
Guess I will stay here to enjoy yours.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. That purple star is a fav of mine too Jackie and it's making seeds.
Your weather is much hotter than ours Linda. Here it's nice in the mornings but the afternoons are getting worse. Thank God for air conditioners.

Gautier, MS

Lot's of blooms this morning!
Some are repeat pics in collages.

This message was edited May 27, 2019 8:00 AM

Oh my goodness. Look at all the beautiful colors. I like the blue one, 2nd group, top left.

Helena, striking blooms. I love all of them. the Flyng Saucers, that lovely pink
and the chocolate or pink on white.
Linda, I think thats the Purple Star we were
talking about yesterday, its a beauty. I like the Silver Shadows too

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I'm enjoying all my blooms too. The purple star stays open almost till noon. I got to work on the clearing my garden area, rearrange pots with similar colors together. Still lots to do to get done. At least it was nice not hot until noon.
Yesterday I took a pic of bumble bees nesting on this small birdhouse, all fanning the nest b/c it gets so hot.

Wow! I have never seen bumblebees like that. I see only one here, maybe every two weeks. I know they must have a nest, but no clue where.

I;ve never seen bumblebees do that either I've also not had as many bumblebees
for the last few yrs.. When the honey bees started disappearing, the bumblebees turned up here in large numbers but not any more.
I;m glad to see you still have quite a few Helena.

Gautier, MS

We need the pollinators so I'm not messing with them, making sure I warned everyone not to go near them.

Todays blooms.

Beautiful blooms Helena. Do I see one almost gray? Very pretty.

Gorgeous blooms today Helena Love each one of them.
Re-planted a few purps and higes today, will see what happens..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Yes Linda, that gray star is called silver shadow.
Hope your hige seeds come up Jackie.
I'm soaking a few more ip nils.

Here's what bloomed this morning and a baby turtle came out of hiding. Saw a bigger one in front yard too, of coarse I fed them a few cherries I bought a few days ago.
I have a solid chocholate on the 3rd collage. A few of the pics in collages may be repeat pic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.