Morning Glories 2019 #04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1500725
A few from 2014
# 2 What looks like the elusive (for me) Blue Tie Dye 2014, going to look for any sds
# 1 Blue silk
# 3 Debs Pretty Pink
# 4 Pres Bush

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Bumping this new thread

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Blue Silk is so stunning!
Loved your pink amaryllis bloom too from the other thread.
Still cold mornings here wish it would warm up.
Here's some more higes blooms, only 2 blooms but 4 pics of the same blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena. Lovely pink hige I need to plant a few higes
since they take so long to bloom and only getting prolific for me when the temps cool in Sept and Oct.
One of my night blooming orchid cactus's opened last nite, not really a cactus as
they originate from the tropical rain forests.

This message was edited Apr 23, 2019 1:27 AM

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread. Beautiful blooms from both of you.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I planted some purpureas from my 2016 blooms so waiting to see what I get. I wanted to get some more started but getting overwhelmed already. It's almost always a mystery if the they come true or not or a mixed up seed. Beautiful bloom Jackie.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, I haven't had a pink purp in several yrs so hope to plant a few
and some blues too.
I understand being overwhelmed, it gets harder every yr to plant so many

Gautier, MS

It's still early to get seeds going Jackie. I want to get some more started. I do have a soft pink hige started so we'll see.

Helena, it takes me forever to get blooms. the ones I've got started probably won't bloom until July. Supposed to have lots of rain today so holding off a few
days to plant outside mg sds.

Gautier, MS

I know it takes awhile to get mgs to bloom. But they will bloom eventually. I see tiny buds on a few of mine. The milky way cross has buds that will be blooming sometime soon, I hope.
We had good rain today. I had a hummer coming to the feeder and the turtle showed up too, we gave it cat food. When they are hungry they will eat it. My hige had a bloom kind of plain.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty hige Helena. I didn't know that turtles would eat cat food, interesting.
I've got a lot going on tomorrow but still going to try and plant a few sds.

Beautiful hige Helena. Glad to see the turtle has returned.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I see blackberries maturing in the wild so they will find and eat them too. Hope you get to get some seeds planted Jackie.
Well, took a better look at my vines and do see buds getting slightly bigger, soon I will get a bloom from each of these.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Looking forward to seeing your pretty blooms Helena.
I;ve got to plant today if I want to have a few blooms to share.

Gautier, MS

Hope you got t plant some Jackie.

How about you Linda, planting any purpureas?

I'm finding more buds coming along on the vines. Pretty sure most will be ones that I grow all the time with a few new ones.

Helena, we always pick out our favorites to grow and enjoy. I;m getting ready to
do that right now. and will throw in a few old ones, Might soak some of those to see
what they do first, then I'll pick out a few new ones

While looking for old sds to start all from 2011
Rosy Red Picotee not
Pretty hige
pretty purps
Purple Hige
Special lvs, my potting mix had some kind of bacteria because I had quite a few
with lovely variegated lvs, did not come true from sd

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I planted some a month ago, noth6came up. So I bought more today from Walmart. Just the regular blues and pinks. Hopefully these will sprout soon.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad you are picking some old and new. They all look special.
Look what I found early this morning. I knew I had a button "pinkie" miniature rose somewhere. I'm pretty sure it got mowed down a couple of time. I'm going to have to try to somehow protect from it happening again.
Linda, I'm glad you got to sow some mg seeds. Looking forward to seeing how they do for you.

This message was edited Apr 29, 2019 1:54 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful rose Helena. Glad it came back for you.

Thanks Helena,. Still going thru seeds.Love your miniature button rose.
Try some fencing from the dollar store. They used to have the 3 sided wire fence
that was perfect to surround a small plant, like your mini rose. DH just pushes
a couple of stakes in the ground around the plant, works for him

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I know I will have to put stakes or even a rock in by it.
Had my higes blooms yesterday and a surprise little red mg that's a very good hummingbird nectar bloom. Getting lots of blooms from other plants too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena, Love the pinks and reds,..
I got a few more mg sds planted and also started single and double blue Clitoria sds
A friend planted her pea vine in the ground a few yrs ago and it grew and bloomed until'frost.. It grew much better than mine did in a pot.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Glad you got a few more mg sds planted Jackie. I wish my blue clitoria hadn't died on me. I have a hard time watering my plants in winter in gh. I lost some more tropical plants this winter too. So planting thinks in ground sound better option, though I have some awful weeds that like to choke the roots.

Helena, those are beautiful.

I lost my Clitoria last yr too Helena. Don;t know why I haven;t been able to grow mine up to a good size. If I can find a spot in my yard that doesn;t flood, I'll try to plant
one or two. I'll gather some sds for you.
I;m sure I lost a couple of plants in the g house this winter.too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Hope you get to grow your clitoria Jackie, they have such pretty blooms.
A pretty indica bloom up a tree. I climbed small ladder to take the picture.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty indica bloom Helena.

Beautiful bloom. Be careful climbing ladders.

Ladies, I just saw on Facebook, that if you have aphid problems. Buy yellow solo cups, nail them over a stake of some sort. Cover with vaseline. Yellow supposedly draws them, and the vaseline makes them stick to the cup.
You can Google yellow solo cups. Lots of articles on it.

Same type solution for white flies, just with construction paper instead
of the cups.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I used the yellow construction paper with Vaseline, it will catch whatever lands on it. Glad I don't have white flies.
Found another pretty blooms on indica. My 3 new roses I bought and lily bloom.

Jackie, hope the bad weather passed you by. The news last night looked pretty bad.

This message was edited May 3, 2019 9:35 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous indica blooms Helena. Love the pretty roses too.
The tornadoes missed us Helena, thank goodness., The squall lines
just kept coming thru,.glad its over with for now.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Glad to know the storm missed you.
Bought this shrimp plant from Lowe's maybe 2 weeks ago, my cactus blooming again.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. We had bad thunderstorms last night, more expected tonight. So far no hail.
I almost bought a shrimp plant the other day. I still might go back and pick it up.

I love the shrimp plants, very pretty and such good bloomers. Your cactus bloom is very nice too.
I had another night blooming orchid cactus bloom. Will try to send a pic tomorrow.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Hope some good rain to water all your plants. We got a light shower this morning, sun is trying to break through the clouds.

I have quite a collection of aloes and cactus Jackie. I really like the ones that bloom. Your orchid cactus has neat pretty blooms.

Thanks Helena,
My new orchid cactus bloom looks white in this photo but in person it looked lite'yellow to me.
I think its because the outside petals are yellow Pic # 3
My Arum has spread to 4 feet across. and made several spathe blooms.# 2
Helena, I don;t know what to think of my Calliandra, it has not made a single seed pod. I need to ask Logees, I bought it from them.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Those are beautiful Jackie.

Thanks Linda.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.