April Weather...time to leave the snow and freezes behind us, bring on the flowers...

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

April starts with showers here, that cool front coming down, cloudy 65F this morning, high of 69F, low 60 tonight...not bad, need the rain.

WE came from here....
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1499125/

Some April Flowers....

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Currently 49* hi of 61* expected, 7 mph breeze, 59% humidity. Beans and cukes to plant today

Cloudy cool moist 60 this AM, more showers coming, might have time to trim a few trees...high maybe if sun later...77.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Full sun today, 68* currently, dropping to 49* tonite. 5 mph light breeze, 28% humidity. Am enjoying the sun, had another hummer come up and ask me where her feeder was, so I now have 2 feeders up, chuckl

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

72*, 150% humidity. Woke to gray dripping foggy drizzles. 7 mph se breeze. Have 3/8" in the rain gauge so far, but there is probably another 1/8' in fog drips.

Woke up to thunder rain this morn...yet much warmer than yesterday was. 68F now but they say up to 86..Yikes. I guess that means the sun is coming later on.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

72*, 94% humidity, heavy weather moving across toward east a bit north. It is about to start more than light drizzle here.
Lance leaf coreopsis in bloom, lyre leaf sage blooming too, but not yet the elderberry, chuckl

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Forecast is for snow & cold this week. Winter will end by 4th of July.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

68*, 89% humidity, 1&5/8" rain and the sun is back out. Barely made the wet weather creek run....

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

3/8" more rain before midnite= ttl of 2" rain yesterday. Todday 75* going to 80*, dropping to 70* overnite. Maters are bustin loose with blooms

Thumbnail by kittriana

CG you gave me a chuckle this morn. Kitt, Caterpillars big and ready to make butterflies.

70F breezy, 80% Precip. spitting out there now, later on
Thunderstorms. High around 80F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

89* HOT, 28% humidity. Cats have all disappeared, but I have yellow and black butterflies out sitting on the petunias, so will have more cats soon. Was wanting sun-now I am wishing for cooler temps a while longer, so Shade? Maybe?

This message was edited Apr 12, 2019 7:16 PM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

88* with a 14mph wind sucking moisture out of the ground, 36% humidity. I think I have a mojita mint I thought died last year, can't tell...

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Don't even want to talk about it.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

CG, I wish your coolness would swing down here, I truly do. My raised beds have at least maintained 75* and 70* dirtwise, but zone 9a is warm and wet.

News said we hit our first day of 90F on April 8th...so summer here now.

Today... Partly Cloudy. High 86F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. 20% chance of rain, but they always say that to cover their....

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

started at 45 degrees , 67 degrees going for a high of around 80 degrees mostly cloudy .. severe weather possible though moving in ,,
Colorado to Minnesota getting hammered though , snowstorms and all ,,,

Hyacinth

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I need to be careful what I wish for, but my cooler air is here today- 73* going to 76*. Easter cold front? probably. 47% humidity, eastern breeze at 10 mph, gray skies for planting, possible rain tonite.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It is a very windy 60 degree day here , not warm ,not cold , uncomfortable type day ,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Gray. 1/8" rain last night, 76°, 90% humidity. At least it was cooler and less humid for a day. Hmm, apparently I haven't fixed autocorrect yet on new phone. 77* hi today, more rain? Possible.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

61 degrees and sunny ,, smiley

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Front blew in this evening- I'm looking at 46* as a low- winds were kicking up strong enough we had tornado warnings 30 miles north of us, ended the day with 3/8" rain total

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Spring might be back. 33º this morning & no below freezing next 10 days.
Things are getting back to normal after big storm Wesley. It was a bomb cyclone. We had winds 50 MPH +. Over 500 power poles in southern Minnesota were broke off. Lots of tree damage & branches laying all over.
Two of our greenhouses lost the plastic covering.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

39 degrees this morning , rained all night , cloudy and rain for today and tonight
52 forecast

Gosh, CG, sorry to hear about the damage, those Spring storms sure are fierce. Glad to hear a week of no freezing.

What a difference a day can make, yesterday was muggy and got up to 90, today It's nice after heavy storm line came through last night, sunny and really low humidity, breezy 78 high, down to 56 tonight.

This message was edited Apr 15, 2019 3:43 PM

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Made it to 70* today, sunny, weeding and watering, sigh.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Dbl post.

This message was edited Apr 23, 2019 4:49 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

68 degrees and rain here , 40's tonight forecast 46 or so for the high tomorrow ,
Last night and hour or so of thunder and lightning

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

67* now the sun is down, 2.25" when the storm passed thru this morning, a smattering storm wet the ground this pm, but gone after. 69% humidity, 11mph nw breeze

Back home from the beach for a few days. Storm cloud wall on Friday at beach was quite impressive. We were under a tornado watch while in our camper, it was a rockin.

54 Sunny and calm this Easter Morning, have a beautiful day.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Easter was gorgeous- perfect, sunny beautiful temp. I rested from busting clods yesterday.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Beautiful Spring morning, 53 and clear, it may get close to 80 briefly, low humidity.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Still 77* at 5 pm, tomorro supposed to get a bit hotter. Hummers came in looking for feeders- so THEY expect a storm to roll in. I am covered up in caterpillars that have their only diet as smilax. I must be out of smilax leaves, because those cats are going after the lantana, the butterfly iris, the fence posts, and me. Spinosad showed up tonite so I got 1 gal of spray put out. Enjoying the sun and the shade today.

57F at dawn, feels so good, husband is cold. LOL.
Warmer today, gardens keeping us all busy, did a lot of tree trimming yesterday, going over to my Pop's and doing his yard today...body getting a workout.

Ju, and CG is it warming up for you all yet???

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

79* today- half the day has been heavily clouded. Gardens yes, trying to stay ahead of tomato suckers- set string on the pole beans so they won't fall over- moved the herbs to new bed. Perfect weather to give them a chance.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60's and rain the past few days , Easter it was near 80 and sunny ,
cold nights though low 40's and 30's

Been having computer problems , still working on it ,,

Glad to see you're getting warmed up, Ju. Sorry bout the puter problems.

61F this morn, looks like the last of our 50 degrees nights, up to 87 today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

83* today, a good stiff breeze, and my 1/4" of rain is dust in the garden..

Muggy 71 this morn, cloudy, rain band coming soon. High upper 80's...feels like summer today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

83*, bright hot sun, 45% humidity, 5 mph north wind, but it feels hotter than it is. Gotta go mow shortly.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.