Morning Glories 2019 #02

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1495639
Count Drac # 3 and 4

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. That first one is a knockout! I found several blooms similar that I grew in 2013. I looked through my 2013 seeds and can't any seeds with that description. At least 3 or more pics are from "my blue-purple tie dye" from 2013. I'm going to try to grow seeds that say purple rayed from other year but who knows what I get.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2019 8:03 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.

WOW! Look at all the beautiful blooms.

Thanks Helena and Linda. I should have looked up my 1st bloom yesterday. i did today and turned the pic so i could read the tag. It was Blue Marble Not, most likely a 2nd day bloom. That bloom and the others from Sept 2012. The nites had turned cool so the bloom was open for 2 days.
Gorgeous Blue Star and Tie dye blooms Helena, the colors very unusual and all very showy
Helena, I will try and see if I can find some of my sds from 2012. I wasn;t
hand pollinating back then so it seems like my sds made all white blooms.
I was so disappointed.
A few more from Sept 2012
Blue Tie Dye
Blue Marble Not I got several of these blooms in Sept with this pattern
Blue silk
Pink tie Dye
Pres Bush

This message was edited Feb 10, 2019 10:52 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I love how these blooms make these patters.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Your blue marble not is to die for. All are showy too. I'm going through my seeds too and choosing ones that I need to grow out to get fresher seeds. Peppermint twist had 2 blooms yesterday. The branch that broke took and now has several buds on it. So I will have a new plant to keep growing.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena.
I love Peppermint Twist, my favorite hige,
So glad you got another one rooted and growing,
DH has not eat since his surgery, a little worried here. Trying to get ready to go see him.When I went in last night, they had worked him so hard, sitting up in a chair and'walking down the hall 3 times each, he was exhausted. He was sleeping an didn't feel like talking so I left to let him sleep. Hoping he feels better today,.

I sure hope he gets something to eat Jackie. Sending prayers.

Thanks Linda. He still feels bad today. I;m calling his surgeon tomorrow to see what he says. Of course dh is older so may just take longer for him to start healing,.
I hope its nothing serious,.

Gautier, MS

Hoping and praying he starts feeling better Jackie. Not an easy thing to go through.
Hope you got hold of the surgeon.

Helena, thank you. The Dr. in surgery this am,
If DH feels better and eating today, I won't have to bug his surgeon.

I hope he starts to eat Jackie. He needs it for energy for therapy.

Linda, great news. when I got thru to the nurses station, they told me DH ate 3
times today. Hopefully he will start getting some strength back. Best news we;ve had
for a while.

Yeah! That is good news.

Gautier, MS

Good to hear that Jackie. Glad your dh is eating and on way to recovery.
A little off your mind with good news.

Gautier, MS

Hope everyone had a Happy Valentines day!

My mg blooms from 2015!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love the Blue Star.
Just got home from the hospital. Had food poisoning
At first they thought it was the flu and I told them I'thought it was the fast food
so they treated me for both Finally the Dr said it was food poisoning
So glad to be home
Be thinking of you tomorrow Linda.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2019 9:05 PM

Beautiful blooms Helena.
Jackie I pray you have a speedy recovery. Food poisoning is not fun.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Hope you feel better too Jackie.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Feel a little better today. they pumped strong anti-biotics thru me in the hospital.
DD on her way to pick up more for me at the pharmacy.
DH still in the hospital until Sun or Monday. Hope I feel better b4 DH comes home Sun or Monday.

Gautier, MS

Hoping you feel better too Jackie and stronger for when your DH comes home.
Glad your DD is helping out.
Blooms from 2015.

Morning everyone.
Yesterday I had my surgery to remove my gallbladder. As I was waking up, the nurse gave me. A shot of morphine, and it immediately dropped my heart rate to 32. So they gave me a shot to bring it back up. And that took awhile. So I had no choice but to be admitted. Today they did a chemical stress test, and an echocardiogram. Just waiting on results. If they are good, I can go home.

Hope your test results turn out good Linda so you can go home. Sometimes things'turn up during surgery and that's good so they can be fixed.
I know you'll be glad to get home and start your recovery.
Helena, absolutely beautiful pinks, my favorites, thank you.
Those are all especially lovely
If I had nothing but those 5 pinks this season, I would be happy
without any others. :-)
DH not getting to come today like he thought. His blood too thin and if
something happened he could bleed out, Will need to be fixed b4 he can come home.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Hope you can grow lots of pink blooms this year Jackie.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you Linda.
Hope your DH gets better to Jackie.

Thanks everyone. I am home. Going to get a good night's sleep.

Thanks Helena. Looking forward to our main growing season. I'm hopeful that I can start a bunch of glories or I wont be a happy camper.
Linda, hope you get a good nights sleep, sounds good to me too. :-)

Gautier, MS

I'm looking forward to our main growing season too. I'm surprised we have not had a hard frost yet cuz some of my plants in pots are still green. The mg vines are in ghouse are doing good too. More need to be into bigger pots. Hope you can start some too Jackie.

Hope you and Linda get some good rest.

Brought DH home today Helena. He was happy to be home.
I have whiteflies in my g house on my
beautiful Mandevilla that makes white blooms with the pink throat, will try to spray listerine tomorrow b4 I lose my plant. Wish I could make time to start a few mg's,
got my hands full right now with DH. His surgery really set him back, he still needs a walker to walk down the hall. I hope I can get him to walk. He;s already told me not to push him.
Hope your recouping well Linda.

Glad to hear hubby is home, but don't let him get too lazy. Will therapist come to the home to help him?

Gautier, MS

Glad your hubby is home Jackie. Hope he is able to get some strength back and start recovering.
Sorry to hear about the white flies on your plant. Hope the spray helps. I bought the sulpher powder and when I saw spider mites on a few pants, seems that it helped cuz I haven't seen any more of them. It might be a bit harder for you toget things done now. Things will get better with time.

Thanks ladies. No therapist for now Linda but Home Health is coming in to take his blood. It was too thin the other day, don;t know what they will be checking for now.
Hope you're feeling better.
Glad the sulphur powder worked for you Helena. The whiteflies have caused most of my lvs on the Mandevilla to turn yellow and drop. Don't know why they're so bad this yr unless it's been too warm in there this winter.
Yes everything in good time

Gautier, MS

Hoping everyone is doing good.
Pics from 2016. Going to grow these again this year hoping I get same kind of blooms.

Helena, those are beautiful. I hope you get those beautiful blooms again.

Gorgeous purps Helena. I hope to grow several this yr.

Revisiting Sept 2012
Mauve Splash
Pink Tie Dye
Plum Purple Velvet??
no Sora looks more like Lite blue TDye to me.
Blue Purp

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
It's warm here and had drizzled earlier today. Just a bit longer before March is here.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I think I revisited almost all my pics this winter.

Jackie, those are beautiful.

Thanks girls. I didn't get to go thru as many as I would have liked
A few more Sept 2012
I think the 1st one is Tai Aki

This message was edited Feb 22, 2019 12:41 AM

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms from 2012 Jackie. Yes, I think that first bloom is Tai Aki. I might be growing it this year. I have so many others to grow that it makes it hard to choose which ones.

I love those beautiful colors.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Helena I love the delicate color of
Tai aki, Hope you can grow it too. If I can find my sds,
hope that it comes true for me. I was not hand pollinating in 2012
so a lot of my sds did not come true.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.