February Weather chat 2019....Has the heart of winter passed yet?

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

We came from here...
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1495446/?page=2#post_10409608

A new month....warmer here today than it has been for awhile, 54 at dawn, we may see 70 today, chance of rain later though.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

a starter post for the Feb 1st ,from the old home place ,, downtown , dee da dee da dee ..music

Sun I like the Cardinal Watch the Birdie , chuckle ...
new thread thank you Sun ,,,

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Warmer already than forecasted- 68*, partly sunny after 2pm. Breeze is 4 mph. Finally. 1 bloom, chuckle, still cheering on the rest of them.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Today is Groundhog day, cloudy here in Florida but no groundhogs here. Lots of squirrels.

Nice to see the paperwhites finally bloom, glad a freeze didn't do them in.

All that snow covering the cars, guess you're not going anywhere soon, Ju.

61/75/60 today, a 60% chance of rain.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Ground Hog running for his life. Sun is out so everybody is after him. Enough of winter for this year.
28º

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

33 degrees and climbing started at about 15 degrees this morning , might see mid 40's

Sun I cleaned one , did a few errands ,,

Ground hog saw his shadow here also , oh fun ,,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

My paperwhites survive sleet and ice- they just aren't apparently accustomed to heat, it was an absolutely gorgeous day- no sunshine, but temp wise 68* I think. I was outdoors after I got back from grocery shopping on a day that would put you thinking a hurricane was blowing in, sheesh. Gray all day, elms are budding out and my eyes know it.

I've tried paperwhites here before, they don't last long, you're right they don't like heat.
Never did get any rain, but that's okay still drying out from the last weekend. Days start out cloudy and cool, sun finally comes out in the later afternoon, then warms up nicely.
57/73/52 Today...yeah...nice.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

74*, lo tonite 65*. Fake Spring. Gray and still. The songbirds swooped in, pigged out and are now heading north. All but a few are gone. I hear of temps dropping to hi 30's by Thurs.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Hmmm, so much for Spring there in TX.

It was much cooler than weather people said it would be past two days, 49 this morning...But, it is sunny, and they say, up to 75 today...now that I like.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

it was 31 degrees here this morning Record breaking 62 day before yesterday ,
Cold cloudy and gray today warms up tonight supposedly , waiting on rain

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I think it hit 76* today, still 70*, lo of 67* tonite with 30% chance of rain. 92% humidity, gray all day with a 7 mph east wind that has shifted south. Still workin the garden over.

Sounds like the warm air trying to come in for everyone.

Today 52/79/56F clear, no rain next few days. Gonna be working in garden today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

About 4" of snow yesterday, less than 1" predicted. More coming tonight & tomorrow.
7º calm & cloudy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

47 degrees and rain here rained all night ,still at it ,,
54 the high ?

Sun seems to deceptively

Proving above , it is still colder in the Country hee hee hee ,,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Snow yesterday afternoon. On top of ice from Sunday. About 400 accidents & cars & trucks in ditches yesterday. My grandson said driving at 10 MPH kept him on the road. Lots that passed him were in the ditch father down the road. He only has about 7 miles on the highway. 7 cars, 1 semi & a school bus in the ditches.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Bernie, we recd. 10 inches yesterday after rain the day before. Trecherous walking.
More predicted tonight and tomorrow.
Maxine

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We have ice under the snow too. Nothing going on now. Snow stats at dark.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Think it hit 78* or 80*, was in shorts and scrubbing panels of reclaimed wood for my garden. Nice breeze swung from east to south which helped dry them out. Doodle asks what the butterflies are doing on stinky flowers.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Blizzard warning here. All schools closed. Just a non day.

Paperwhites are really busted out now. Nice!
I guess people have to drive in ice and snow, only reason I'd drive would be to get home...and stay there.

I'm in shorts too, did a bunch of garden work yesterday, Sunny and 80 today. Still a bit cool on my morning walks, went without my jacket this morning and wished I had taken it.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60 degrees for today Thunderstorm currently ,, freezing by midnight tonight and down to 14 degrees ,, sooooo.......
Bernie , tomorrow morning we get 10 mph driving or nobody will be on the road ,,
Basic ice storm rhetorical

Sun ,,,,Kitt Being a little envious of some of your weathers ,,, not all though ,,

When all this water starts traveling south , you all know where it's going

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Yup, I really do! Started off warm, 65* gray and light breeze turned to 54* currently heading for 35*, winds turned North at 16 mph, not enough rain but a trace, and still gray. 59% humidity. Switched the a/c back over to heat.

Yep, we get the remnants from your storms, Ju. Sometimes.

Today sunny 53/80/58, Weekend will be rainy.

Crown of thorns, Angle Trumpet, purple firespike all blooming at once.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Bright & sunny, -10º
Only under 1" of snow, but wind did the white out thing all afternoon & night.
Roads are reopening this morning. Not closed, but no travel orders. One 2 lane major highway was shut down because it was blocked with stranded cars.
Governor called out National Guard to help motorists.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here we are at 15 degrees and cloudy , Rain mostly frost evaporated as it tried to change to ice ,
only cold and cloudy the result ,
light snow flurries ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

36* going to a hi of 43*, 38* predicted lo tonite. 56% humidity. 12mph north wind, another gray day. It's that wind! windchill is 28*.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

10 degrees this morning , upper 20's forecast for a high cloudy , possible of four more storms this month (next two weeks

Kitt wind here is a killer at these low temperatures ,, nasty stuff ,,,

Sounds like Winter is hanging on Strong, sucked TX back into it.

65/75/62F off and on rain, 90% rain today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Guess what, snowing again.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

24 ,33 , 33 , rain to snow to rain here for today ,(waiting for it to start ,

Rivers are at about ten feet ..ten point one is flood stage , and we are expecting forecast rain everyday this week ,,
Before night before lasts dry freeze there was 6 inches of water standing all around here
So flood warnings and high water watch ,

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Bernie, has it ever quit snowing? we had snow almost every day.
Wonder what the summer will bring?
I'm ready for some warm weather. I have about 12" on the ground now.
Maxine

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Snowing here also , redundant isn't it ?

Kind of Snow snow Go Away , Come again another day ..

well it listened to half anyway ...

Rained all day yesterday, but ended last evening. Today should see sun again for a day anyway.
61/82/66 winds out of SSE 10 to 15mph

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

1/2" rain last night when little cold front came in, 63* as hi as it gets today, 38* tonite. North breeze at 14 mph, 35% humidity. Perfect Spring weather.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40 degrees rain and snow and cloudy ,
23 tonight maybe ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I hear Kentucky south of you Jim is catching your rain overages. Windy colder outside...plants tucked in for the night.

Rained all night, still raining, may stop by sundown.
60 now at dawn, which as high as it will go today, tonight 47F.

Squirrels, birds and kitties....

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt lot of rain , frozen snow last night from rain , Made driving terrible ..
patchy light snow blowing across and sitting on roads ,

22 degrees to 34 degrees today Mostly Cloudy ,,

Sun love the indoor outdoor pets , ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

64*/67*/ 51*, humidity 31%, south wind at 9 mph. No rain til Monday expected. Took my mater sprouts outside to sit in the sun again, may leave them outdoors if nite temps don't adjust...most bird swarms are already headed north, just a few hang here all summer..think I poisoned one mole...activity down. If my hand wasn't tenderized again I would be accomplishing more...ah well, icy hot it is...So beautiful outside

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.