January Weather...A new year of weather and gardening....2019

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Quiet 61 degree morning, after a noisy smokey bombs bursting in air night. Sunshine here, so a warm start to the year. High today close to 80. We came from here: https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1493635/

Happy New Year to all my gardening friends!

This message was edited Jan 1, 2019 10:18 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy New Year!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

39 degrees and cloudy
Happy New Year all ..

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

60's weak sun, not just smoky- white out fogs descended in south Texas, scary thick wall of fog. 《THE FOG》 Flood warns begin in the morning with the rain predictions. Happy Happy New Years all!

A bit of fog in the mornings here also.
64F this morn, still up to 83 today...partly cloudy. zip precip.

These are above normal temperatures for Jan. by about ten to fifteen degrees, almost close to record highs.

Jan. blooms around the garden

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rain ended at noon, sunshine and mares tails clouds left. 3&3/8" rain total event. Temp at 47*, little wet weather creek stayed in banks this time.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Another 40+ degree day.
Sun is coming up.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Glorious sunshine, soggy yard, 55* hi expected 59*, lo tonite 39* 62% humidity, a little air stirring under the pines - nw @ 9mph.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nearly the same as Kitt here today ,

I am doing nothing ,second day of flu .. I have , soo I will be back in a few days .

Hope you feel better soon, Jim. Nice sunrise CG. Hope you dry out Kitt.

Cool front came in yesterday evening, rain through the night, clear 59F this morn, high 67, tonight 48F...calm

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

My sympathies Jim, not a fun time. 2 days in a row in the 70"s with sunshine. Having issues with knees and elbows swelling, so kept moving in the sun today til I am 3x slower than usual, but couldn't have had 2 more beautiful days.

This message was edited Jan 7, 2019 1:19 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Looking for 42º today.
Yesterday we had big east wind, because of big snow storm in northern MN.
Lots of schools starting 2 hrs late.
Cloudy, sunshine later today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

71* 80% humidity, but gray and dull outside. 11 mph S wind. Lo tonite 62* expected.

52 at dawn clear, we’re camping a few days at Wekiwa Springs. High mid 70’s yesterday and today. Tomorrow getting colder again so we’ll probably go home.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Gray outdoors, but turned on the a/c last night, 69*, 83% humidity, 4mph W breeze. Lowered the indoor humidity enough I can stand a bit better.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

After yesterday's 57 degrees it is 22 degrees here with light snow ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Temps are roller coasting, 41* just long enough to be 43* expected by dawn.. we are bouncing around day and night tween 40's & up to 70* before dropping again in 8 hrs to 50's. Gray days- this one had some late afternoon sun but just too windy to get warm.

Good to see you Ju, hope you're feeling better.

41F this morning, calm and clear, up to 61F today...sunny at least.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well oops for the other post , I need to keep up ,
here 29 degrees and a snowstorm

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Piling up good!
We are cloudy here all day. Felt colder than the actual temp. I think it's that storms fault. To much humidity.

Look at that beautiful snow! Sure is pretty. Lots of it.

On a roller coaster here with temps, after some cool days we're going up to 80 today, sunny. I have time to wash my sweats before it cools down again. LOL.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30 degree after storm ,gray day ,
Kitt pretty Pics
Sun Good you enjoy ,

Lots of accidents and slide offs happened , nobody use to it anymore ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

42* when I decided to get out of bed at 10am, now it's up to 45*, hi of 52* expected, 69% humidity, North wind @ 6mph.

50 this morn, up to mid 60's, down to mid 40's tonight. Cloudy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30 degrees today and now , 27 in the morning , rain and snow and weather warnings for tomorrow

Brrr Ju. Stay warm, keep care with that cold.

42F this morn, high prediction of 64, partly cloudy, tonight still in low to mid 40's. No rain.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

7º this morning, but sun will be shining for first time in days.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

34 today , cloudy gray past day , Tomorrow weather front moving in ,

CG....Sunshine is good!!

39F this morn, clear and calm, will warm up fast today. Yesterday was cloudy all day so it didn't warm up past 59. High 70 today...yeah. Ju, that weather front coming down here this weekend, they're already talking about it.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Made it to 70* and sunshine, no breeze. I wore myself out sanding, painting, staining and oiling, so will be applying the Icy Hot again tonight. Such a beautiful day! Of course, can't get out in the yard without sinking ankle deep in mole holes and swamp...

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

45* not gonna make it to 49* I expect. The northwest winds roared in this morning at daylite- 21 mph- and the pines are swaying hard. Enough to uproot in all this water we've gotten. 65% humidity, day length now is 10 hrs and 29 min - of grayness- lo tonite expected 29*. I need to cover things today or the winds will kill what the temps won't.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

22 degrees 40mph wind , Artic snowstorm , falling to 4 degrees for tonight ,

yeah well ,, blah ,

Brrr...guess I shouldn't complain bout the cold down here then, HA!

Front came through last night, wind advisory 20-30mph, gust higher, sun trying real hard to come out, temps started at 61 this morning, but dropping to upper 30's by dawn tomorrow. Yesterday got to 78F...felt good, I sat like a chamaeleon in the sun and soaked it up.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

8 degrees 13 was the high 14 below for tonight ,

Back when the bears are not hibernating lol

it's cold ,, cold ,, colder ,,,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well they have raised the low to 10 below ,(how is that for poetry )? lol
currently 1 below

Ju, Oh dear, ten below, I'd just stay in my warm bed. ;-(

36 this morning, they say real feel is 32, but I'm not telling my plants that. Clear high of 59. I think I'll go visit my dad today, he has gas heat and keeps it nice and toasty.

Full moon last night. Later was blood moon, but I was in my warm bed.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

68* has been cloudy, but these 14 mph breezes are bringing sunshine for later, 70% humidity. 37* lo tonite

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

WL were once again way off.4" to 6" snow storm here turned into a dusting.
I think they are more concerned how they can scare people rather than get a forecast right.
Cloudy & 18º. Looks like sun will be out shortly.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun it was to cloudy to the eclipse of the moon here , The big red shadow and all

CG your snowstorm threat is not done though

Here it is 42 degrees ,rainy misty , but the temperatures are suppose to fall again ,

Kitt still warm for you ,,,

The weather guessers have been way off here on how low the temps will get, lots of gardeners were really ticked last week when they got a freeze and the prediction was mid to upper 40's.

54/77/64 cloudy to 90% rain coming in late tonight, or more like early tomorrow... the next cold front.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.