A note on how to get help and councelling for all of those affected by the recen

Hello all,

I have been reading with distress the postings in this forum and can understand how upsetting it all is. I too was a victim of a similar form of spam campaign which resulted in my family receiving emails for many weeks, that opened up obscene Web sites, displaying horrid images. A friend of mine, who is a teacher, told me about an Internet Organisation called Cyberangels, who could help me. I sent an email to the address given and within hours was contacted by one of there members, who told me how to block the spam and tracked down this person. This member also gave me another email address within the organisation that helped me by talking about the incident and discussing what I had seen. It was a great relief to be able to talk to someone about my feelings.

I would like to encourage anyone who has been a victim of this campaign of terror, to send an email to hacking@cyberangels.org, describing the incident. Additionally, anyone who wishes to discuss their feelings regarding this incident, can send another email to support@cyberangels.org and ask to speak to one of the councillors regarding this incident.

Cyberangels are a wonderful organisation whose main purpose is to help people to surf the net more safely. The have helped many people with problems similar to this and are very understanding and discrete. I was so relieved at finally finding someone who could help me. I didn't know who to ask for help and they were there, right when I needed help most!

Wilbur

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!