October Weather 2018....

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

We came from here... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1486389/
90 high today, but it is cloudy 40% chance of rain.

Florida Fall colors ;-)

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

77*, going to 84*, 93% humidity -gray skies and showers predicted another week, 4 mph se wind. Thanx Sun! I had to wheelbarrow the rootbeer plant to higher ground, I keep getting stuff growing under it now July and Aug have cooled their heels.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rainy day.
Some October flowers.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Beautiful flowers, CG.

Last night local weather man said September had 18 record hot days and something like 7 that tied the record.

Today same old high 90 30% chance of rain. Heat lovin blooms.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Heavy fog til noon, 3 hrs sunshine and now at 4 a black thundercloud is almost over the top of me. The dog keeps trying to climb into my lap and is definitely sure we are going to die...83*90% humidity, 7 mph se wind. That wind has cooled us down a few degrees, but our predicted was to be 90* and I do not think we got that hot. Fighting the fireants. There seem to be so many more than usual, but I grimly keep thinning the mounds foot by foot

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lots of nice nice flowers for October
78 and rain here today ,

How about Tibetan Furballs wave lol

Thumbnail by juhur7

Love the furballs!

It's not much, but past two days only up to 86F, past two mornings 73F instead of the usual 77, feels cooler when I walk in the morning. Still no rain. Winds from the east so nice breezes. Today they say 89 20% chance of rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

it was 85 and sunny here today ,

70F this morn, sunny, up to 89F, Yesterday only got up to 84F, it did pour down for about 20 minutes in the afternoon, filled my rain barrels back up.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rained all night last night big thunderstorm ,
Almost 80 today and cloudy

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Sun going down, skeeters going up, just spit raindrops at us today occasionally. 80* feeling like 85*, 80% humidity, se 7 mph wind, the word is chances of rain tomorro and fogs moving in thru the week. We are hoping for a nighttime lo of 60* sometime thru all that, but honestly, it doesn't get COLD til January

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

88 degrees for today , later this week maybe 30's , the first big temp drop about to happen ?

Send that cooler weather down here Ju, well maybe not 30's, but I'd settle for nights in the mid 60's at this point.

Yesterday 87 high, breezy off and on rain/sun/showers. Low this morn 74. Today a 50% chance of rain, winds out of E 10-20 mph.

A tropical storm Michael is coming in the Gulf, think they said it's going to become a hurricane today. We're not under any kind of watches, only the panhandle of FL is. Probably just a rain maker for us, which we can use.

More FL fall color, Rain Tree.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Cloudy increasing, spittin rain occasionally and chances increasing. 82* feels like 89* with 79% humidity. Dodging raindrops trimming oregano to dry...Remi donated his frisbee for my harvest as the rain started

Thumbnail by kittriana

Muggy, off and on rain and sun. High 90F
Hurricane Michael giving some nice gusty breeze.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

70* temps dropped at 530 pm when the thunderheads blew in, the clouds burst, and we got a good drenching, Next few days are due to go back up to 82* but back to 69* at night. I hear Michael is bringing winds of 110mph headin for Panama City area, Fl.

80F this morn before dawn, like that never happens even in the hottest days of summer, must be something to do with the hurricane. High 90F 50% chance of rain.

Keeping a watch on our friends in the Panhandle, we have several good friends in Panama City Beach and Destin, we were just up there with them two weeks ago. Cat 4 about to hit. This one is BAD and came up way too fast.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I hear Cat4 and looking to make Cat5, but haven't checked since 11am.
Hard rains yest evening, drenched us very well. 80* today, but the 75* at daylight was nice and humidity felt a wee bit lower. Got my feet chewed by fireants and went on a poison spree. Apt to be sick from the bites, but they will die for it.

Fireants deserve to die.

80F this morn again..and muggy.
Windy yesterday, a few heavy rain bands, today a few more showers, then clearing and cooler by tonight, they say upper 60's for a low.

Poor people in Panhandle, some of our friends left, but some stayed, hope they're okay. The pictures look like total destruction.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

66*, 69% humidity, 10 mph ne breezes.

Lookin at ground zero pix. Lookin at power outages and where that windy storm is blowing. Pix remind me of Galveston where storms hit too. Hopin everyone got out of the way...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Michael was a big fast storm ,
55 and sunny here , 36 tonight ,

Sun , I would send the cooler weather if I knew how ,Glad the storm went around you ,

Ju I give up, going back up to WV with our friends for a week last week of October....If the cooler weather won't come to me, I'll go to it. :-)

Today totally sunny all day long 72/89/68

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well Sun ,, I am glad you enjoy it ,, but as I have said many times ,, it's Cold ,,!!!

37 degrees high of 53 maybe today, 4 or 5 days ago it was 88 degrees too cold ,,,

My Pop grew up in WV close to where I'm going, he said the same thing, TOO COLD.
After week, I'm sure I'll be glad to come home. :-)

Today 69/88/68 Feels nice out. Sunny.

Another bloom on my starfish cactus

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Bartow, FL

Yes indeed fire-ants deserve to die!!!

Partly Cloudy today. I'm and picking up from the wind blown effects from the hurricane that missed us here in this portion of Florida. Winds were high even though missed me blew everything kinda sideways.
I'm glad We didn't get slammed but feel so bad for those that did in panhandle.

Looks like it might be good outdoor garden work day.
It's 82 degrees and partly sunny going to 89 degrees.
Supposed to be cooler tonight.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

90* yesterday as sweltering. 58* outside now, hooray! North wind @ 15 mph is also more wind than we've seen most of the year, cloudy outside tho, rains in the forecast,93% humidity. FEELS like Fall today.

You were closer to the storm, Success gal, so sure you felt the winds more than over here.

Weekend was nice, the kind you wanna be outside, but it is hot again, 89F now at almost 4PM, partly cloudy. Humidity back up here too.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

33 degrees cold the past few days here

sun , Nice flowers

Gal bad storm

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Got down to 51* last night, only 55* same as all day long, but the light rains are quiet for a moment. It may as well be 33 here as cold as I am. Dug out my little heater, put my heating pad back on the bed, and found house slippers I haven't bothered with in a coons age. Also fired up the heater to burn the dust off the elements today while the kids were out. Think my SIL has come down with bronchitis, the boy sounds totally miserable. 97% humidity, wind still north at 7 mph. Its coming for you Sun- any day that gets unsufferably hotter means there is a cool spell behind it.

Thanks, Ju. I hope you're right, Kitt, I'm so ready for cooler days, and I mean 80's would feel good to me.

It is so hot, got up to 94 yesterday, I'm sure it is a record for October. Sunny all day, and humid. They say the same today, winds are out of the ESE, they will be changing from NE by Tomorrow, so should be a bit cooler.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lot of 33 to 53 degree weather here ..
Today 54 or so and sunny

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Has made it up to 60* winds are calm at 7 mph north, 92% humidity, expected lo of 57* tonite, clouds and rain chances

73/90/74 20% chance of rain....cooler weather coming...Sunday.

Kit Kat cares nothing about the birds at the feeders.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

55 degrees here and Sunny , light wind 3 to 5 mph rain tomorrow?

Sun Nice feeders , satisfied kitty , pretty birds

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

i STILL HAVE 1 HUMMINGBIRD, there are days caps lock gets in my way... was heavy gray all day, but above 60*, quick rainshower at dusk, quiet tho, agreed, hapy KitKat

75/88/72 muggy hot 40% chance of rain today, already some on radar.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Everytime I walk outside the walk has rain measles, was 74* today pleasant...gray overcast all day, rained at 5 pm. TV is boriinggg.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rained again, floods are cresting higher than Harvey. 67*, 92% humidity, lo of 57* expected tonight, gray, heavy clouds, 9 mph north wind.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Google won't let me open 2 windows on my phone anymore🤐. 70* expected hi of 72* , and sunshine is playing with the clouds! 41% humidity feels good too! Variable puffs of air from 2 to 5 mph I can't feel in the pines.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.