Morning Glories 2018 #13

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1485382
2 of my prettiest blooms recently

This message was edited Sep 19, 2018 1:33 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

bumping the new thread so it will be on top.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.

Beautiful blooms Jackie and Helena.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

you have had some real pretty blues, Jackie. Hope all is safe and sound from the weather and floods.

You''re welcome Linda.
Thanks Linda and Debra.
Debra, I think # 2 bloom above is coming out of LYK.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
A new bloom from a Q269 cross from 2013 seed,, a made a collage of the 2 blooms, and Pink Porcelain x choco taken at 6:30 with flood light on then later with lights off.
Q269 cross 2013 seed, white with light blue stripes, barely visible.
collage of PP x cho
another PP x choco same vine

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Love your pretty blooms and very nice collage Helena.
I had a couple that I can't id. think I had 1 just like one of this 1st one yesterday,
no clue what it is
# 2 the Early Call Mixed making pretty blooms, wish I had planted more of these.
Either Rosita or Debs Pink

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Pretty blooms Jackie. I like the colors.
Took a pic of my new bloom at 10am with the blue showing up a little more.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

I love how they change color.

Thanks ladies.
Yes the blue is a lot more visible Helena, very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Jackie, Debra too.

A few blooms with slight defects but after spraying I hope it will improve.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena, nice assortment of colors
this morning.. The bugs are awful here too. so many grasshoppers, they
sometimes land on me.. They;re chewing my Brug leaves up
with the help of inch worms..
# 1 This opened yesterday in same pot as Drac and LYK. May be another form of LYK.
I think its the one making all the variations
All blooms from yesterday
a pretty purp
a white hige from yesterday
Lav Saz
Blue Lav Beauty

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I really love the fullness of the first bloom. Your lavender and Blue Lav Beauty are awesome so are your purp and white hige seems t have a hint of light pink.

Thanks Helena
Today I had a Peppermint hige, # 2 bloom, sds from Debra. It took so long for the'white hige and peppermint to bloom I thought I wasn't going to have any higes.
Wish I knew what all these unknown blooms are in the Drac and LYK tub. . # 1
Ctenanthe oppenheimer tri-color waiting on as bigger pot, it could get even bigger.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

pretty blooms today, Helena and Jackie. The collage is great, and that lite blue looks like a delicate skirt. (Post #10387676)
Really enjoying your blooms too , Jackie. Unknowns are known for their unusual and original personalities, right? Love the tri color house plant, too..
My yard has been targeted for a food fest bee swarm the past few days, it has been real entertaining for Oona and I to watch the hummers barter their way through to the feeders. It was 94 yesterday, and now it is 62.

Beautiful blooms everyone. I love all the pretty colors.

Debra, I hope you get rid of those bees soon.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Linda. Glad you have hummers Debra. Wish our temp. was 65.
Linda we need the bees for pollinating.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I hope again your peppermint hige makes seeds Jackie. I have one vine labeled "peppermint hige" that I'm waiting to make a bud. If it doesn't come true I'll be begging for a seed or two Jackie. Neat tri-color plant.

My blooms today. Dany's # 7 bloom from your seed Jackie. Rest are repeats, last pic volunteer bloom of Jamie Lynn.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.

gorgeous blooms, Helena. Love that Blue from Dany. ..All the purps I have ever had are all over the place blooming... including the Jaimie Lynn. 64 today! Still have Bee's, but hummers are managing to get to the feeders, it's entertaining to watch them interact.

Thanks Debra, Linda and Helena.
Helena I have not been out to pollinate but i will try the next time peppermint Hige opens,. Most all my blooms ruined today by the rain which came thru last nite with a cool front. We;ve gone from the 90's to 60's also Debra.
Agreeing with Helena, we desperately need our bees. Can you imagine the farmers out there trying to hand pollinate millions of crops.?
We owe the decline of bees to Monsanto.
Beautiful bloom from Dany's # 7 Helena,. I Love the soft color of Pink Porcelain
and your other pinks
1st 4 blooms from yesterday
LYK tub
ditto.
3rd bloom This reminds me of a bloom I had 4 or 5 yrs ago, came out of a pkt of'China doll sds
Berlin blue
Saz this morning

This message was edited Sep 22, 2018 12:30 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are so pretty.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love all that blue colors. Nice show of blooms. I'm encouraged Jackie, the vine that I think is peppermint hige has several buds, 2 or 3 in clusters. Crossing my fingers that it's a hige. I've been checking my vines in the evening and bringing the pots with buds that should open the next day to the patio. Saved them from the heavy rain the other evening. I've missed one or two bloom but they were ok.
Debra, wish you could take pics of your purps. Would love to see your blooms.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2018 6:35 PM

Thanks Helena. Happy for you that you will get your peppermint hige blooms.
It is one of the prettiest higes I think.
The rain is awful here Helena been raining since Friday evening here. Not forecast to stop for days. I;ve got to carry some of them to the g house tomorrow. Will'be waterlogged don;t know if I will be able to lift them.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, hope your rain stops soon. I know how hard it is to be carrying heavy pots back and forth. Wish you had help in that. My son and DIL gave me a small dolly especially for carrying plants a couple of years ago. I love it, use it when I have to.
My DH also bought me a metal wagon to carry plants in but being outside in the rain is making the sides rust. I worked outside for a couple of hours yesterday trying to clean area where my pots got left.
Woke up to heavy shower, glad my only two pots with blooms were on the patio.
Q269 cross and Yukon at least has good pollen for pollinating.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Helena, I have a red wagon too but haven't tried to use it as I can only take it so far.
I can't maneuver it thru the gate to the g house. DGS is here and he told me he'll help me.
I love you're blooms this morning. Gorgeous Q 269 and Yukon. Wish I had'better luck with Yukon.
I had a couple of higes, 1 bloom had a pink cast to it and 1 looked white
Jamie Lynn and
baby Monstera variegated I rooted 3 cuttings in a glass of water. I used to just root them in potting mix but this was faster. Logee's used to sell these for 100.00 each

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Pretty blooms Jackie. Glad your higes are blooming for you. That plants has the neatest leaves I've ever seen. Logee's price are really high for that plant, so it must be rare. It's quite a while since I bought from them. The mg Yukon has not really been easy for me to grow and it doesn't make a lot of seeds. Most of my blooms from it have been small and have defects, maybe from the soil and the bugs.

This message was edited Sep 23, 2018 12:23 PM

Beautiful blooms Jackie. That last plant is awesome. I have never seen that.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
They call that last plant split leaf philodendron

Gautier, MS

I left my mgs out so they got a little more rain. If only the bugs didn't affect them I really would have a pretty bloom from this first one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful.

Extremely beautiful color on that 1st one Helena. I like the others too.
# 2 is lovely and I like the pink too,
Just got back from getting my shot right under my eye, talk about painful even with it numbed. so much for numbing. I hope Debras shot doesn;t hurt like this one did.
My operation is tomorrow and he said my right eye is not as strong as my left
and thats why I had to have the steroid shot,.
Sending a couple of pics later. I want you to se the strange flowers open on my
pencil cactus

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Jackie, sorry to hear the shot hurt. But hope your surgery goes good tomorrow. I can imagine that it was pretty uncomfortable to have anything done when it concerns your eyes.

Waiting to see your pics. Don't think I've seen a pencil cactus.

This time tomorrow so happy that I
will be home and the surgery will be over and done with,.
Helena, I will try to get down to the g house and take pics of my Pencil CaCTUS.
what I thought was flowers is just tiny new stems looking almost white, more like a flower, these were in the bottom of the pot.

Early call Mixed
Plum gray smoke
Carnival of Venice
One of My favorite Begonia's.... Cracklin Rosie hardly makes blooms just pretty thick leaves

This message was edited Sep 24, 2018 7:36 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie. The leaves of your Begonia are really neat.

Only a few repeat blooms. More rain coming, was really cloudy earlier.
Hope surgery goes well Jackie, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.