Morning Glories 2018 #11

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1482907

Blue Star of India aka BSOI
Black King
Whatever it is -----maybe Plum Surprise
possibly no Sora cross
Debra's Pink

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Very Nice ,,

Gautier, MS

Jackie, your morning glories look awesome. I love the blue color on the first one. Your black King looks great, love how dark he came out on the picture from previous thread. # 3 and 4 look great and so does the pink. All beautiful.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.
Beautiful blooms.

Thanks Helena, Juhur and Linda. I was so happy to
see BSOI this morning.

2 new blooms this morning
China doll
# 2 supposed to be Blues and Debra's pretty Lavender but no
Never have I had so many mis-named smh
Black King color somewhere between these 2 pics
Pretty Purple Tie dye

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glories Jackie.

Gautier, MS

I agree with Linda, your morning glories are beautiful. It's so nice to see the color of Black King. Your China Doll and your blue and purple stripes blooms are really pretty blooms. Surprises are always nice specially when they turn out good!
We had a heavy downpour this morning, all blooms were damaged except one on the patio.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
I haven't had time to pollinate any of them lately. I hope to get China Doll sds as I hardly ever harvest any from that vine. No telling what'the few bees and hummers have crossed. My Rosita was closed this morning. I don;t know why, maybe too much sun on her this morning.
Beautiful color on your bloom Helena.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Most of my blooms still have defects. Also we are getting daily showers.

Your blue star mg is beautiful. Hope you get your blooms to make you seeds.

Here's a few of my blooms that look half decent. Found my turtle friend in the middle of the street this morning so brought it into the yard to eat some soaked dog food, tomatoes and found 2 mushrooms to offer it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena Love # 1 and # 4.
Glad you rescued your turtle..
The rain destroyed some of my blooms too. We had storms
coming thru off and on all night.
I had a couple of new blooms this morning on the carport which gave them some
protection from the heavy rains
# 1 Fuji no Beni
Sherry's Grab Bag mix
PP x Choc Bliz I think
Purple blue
Blue Star of India

I had several open this morning.
I can;t tell you how pretty this color is.
I love the reddish color of Fuji no Beni
Pandy with 2 blooms high up on the pole, thats the only reason the rust hasn;t
reached her yet
Changing this name to Purple Star # 2 which is more accurate than purple blue
Pretty Lav not I think this one is a cross

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Jackie, your morning glories look awesome, to die for. The colors are beautiful, I love specially the blue star and Blue Star of India. But bet they are all gorgeous blooms. Glad you are getting so many.

We had more rain this morning. These are the only blooms not in too bad a shape. Found another turtle in the yard yesterday, a bit different color from the other.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms everyone. Turtles seems to go where they think they are safe.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Pretty blooms Helena. I really like # 2 and it looks huge!!!
Hope you get rested soon.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. That bloom is larger than the others. I feel a bit rested today. Most of my mgs blooms have to many defects. Only 2 to show.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Prtetty Silk bloom Helena.and vibrant purple.
Don't worry about the dbl posts, no telling'what's causing it..

I didn;t have quite as many today
China doll
Tag says no Mai
BSOI
ginger still blooming Curcuma ginger will go dormant this winter
Pink speckled can't open just like last yrs couldn't open

Beautiful blooms ladies.
What causes them to not open?

Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

Hi Ladies,
it's a cruel summer in Germany, hot and dry since April, which doesn't seem to be to my glories' liking - most of them are only just beginning to flower, so I had nothing to show for quite a while.

1 - once again the glorious yellow of an ochracea in summer - both bigger and darker than what they do in my bedroom in Winter
2 - The only purp I've actively sown this year - a speckled hige
3 - this purp did selfsow, looks like a Jamie Lynn + specles - like it a lot
4 - two more selfseeders: a Hederifolia climbing Verbena bonairensis
5 - the off-topic shot: tiny Passiflora lutea, of which I hope it will be hardy here like P. incarnata, combined with oxalis magnifica and a commelina

greetings from the desert formally known as Germany!
Martin

This message was edited Aug 19, 2018 10:38 PM

Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak

Linda, If they are too dry, they won't open, not enough moisture I guess. But this one gets watered just like all the others,. This same Pink speckled, diff seed out of same pkt, would not open last yr. I think I just need to get rid of these sds.

Thanks for the info Jackie.

pmmGarak, your blooms a beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I don't know what causes them not to open, but some of mine are kind of fused on the end and have to be pried open. When I do that I usually end up tearing the bloom a lot of the times. Beautiful blooms Jackie. That looks like a nice light pink color. No Mai does vary a bit too and is pretty. I really love your Blue, even though I'm not sure what BSOI means. Pretty Ginger. Your pink speckled looks good too.
Beautiful blooms Martin, all of your flowers.

This message was edited Aug 19, 2018 4:38 PM

Thanks Helena. I need to check and see if my buds are fused togather on the end.
We'll see what no Mai blooms look like tomorrow or whenever it blooms again.
The BSOI is Blue Star of India
Pretty blooms Martin.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I got this Fuji Bloom today
A little chewed but I like this ,,

wonderful Blooms all !!!

Thumbnail by juhur7

Oh Linda, I forgot to tell you that Ron had told me yrs ago about them being too dry to open. They can't be bone dry.. I remember the 1st time he told me
that, I went out and watered one that was half closed and in 30 minutes or so, it completely opened.
But that's not whats wrong with the Pink speckled Must be some kind of defect.
The pounding rain destroyed my would be blooms this morning. I had a
Rosita and no Beni that I would have really enjoyed.. .
# 1 no Beni
# 2 I think is Rosita
# 3 Blue Star complex which is the pretty lavender looking more like it should
# 4 One of the purples on the porch

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Martin.

Pretty blooms too Jackie. At least the rain didn't get the last too blooms. Still nice to see that you at least got to see a bit of them. We are getting rain here almost every day. I had more defected blooms so no posting.

Thanks Helena.
the last 2 are on the carport and porch so the rain didn;t damage them.
No rain here starting tomorrow for a few days. A chance to dry out

Juhur missed your pretty bloom, nice color

Gautier, MS

Jackie, it just seems like the rain just doesn't want to go away even it's just a like sprinkle.
This bloom is supposed to be of a dark Saz.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms.
Wish I knew how to fix the double posting.

Helena, I had a weird Saz that made blooms like your 1st one , way back in 2011.
I called it Weird Saz cause it looked nothing like a Saz. It came out of Karen's gardener 005;s seeds id'd as a Saz
Pretty bloom on the end too.
Plum Surprise or ???
Debs Pink
Helenas Pink on Pink
No Beni
No Mai

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I think that seed came from Becky's baggie, last 2 seeds. But I did grow one from Karen2005 that looked similar to this one in 2013 or so. I also have another vine that's supposed to be a dark Saz from Karen but it turned out to be mostly plain Purple blue. It has had too many defects for me to post.
Jackie, pretty blooms. I do think your first pic is probably of Plum surprise. It seemed that all blooms were different from each other. I thought pink on pink had more color but it's weird how they can differ from year to year. But I love that you are getting pretty nice blooms.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow oh wow you guys. Beautiful blooms, misnamed, who cares they are gorgeous. Love the turtles, too. Hi Ju, sure hope you keep posting. Helena I swear you have a ten spoke up there! WOW!
Had a message from Ronnie..... ‎Ronnie Roberto‎ to Debra Carson
6 hrs ·
Hey Debra not sure if you belong to garden.org but there is a morning glory forum there that could use some posters...maybe invite the ladies from dave's. https://garden.org/forums/view/ipomoea/
Hope this is okay to let you all know! I am working a bit of overtime, the young gal that's just turned 30, has just lost her mom from Breast Cancer, after a 4 yr battle,
( just like my sister) she went to Heaven.... she died at the age Sherry would have been had she lived. Poor Barb, losing a mother is so very hard.

Thanks ladies.
Helena, all my Pink on Pink have been light but still very pretty.
Deb, Might check out the site but have so little time even for DG

This message was edited Aug 22, 2018 1:58 AM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra. That was nice of Ronnie for the invite. I've checked it out from time to time. My mgs so far have too many defects for me to post in another group. I even stopped posting on my FB page for now, maybe if I get over this issue with my mgs I might join.
Jackie, Glad your ok with the pink on pink mg. It's mostly the bees pollinating.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2018 8:10 AM

Helena, I;m fine with the Pink on Pink, so happy to have any pinks. I don;t even'see any bees here although i'm sure there might be a few about. Mostly hummers after mine, esp the pinks and the Rosita closed every day cause the hummers are tearing it up
Today your Pink on Pink made a lovely dark bloom and lite bloom # 1. 2. 3
# 4 Purple TDye
# 5 unknown or Tai aki which is the closest tag Doesn't look like the Tai aki I grew b4

Today my Purple no Mai opened even tho it was torn. Happy my
sds were still viable
Regular no Mai and Blue T Dye not
China doll very lite every day, I ;love it anyway
Blue Star of India =BSOI
Rosita closed again

Look at these 3 blooming very close to each other.
Don;t know which is which anymore
large moth
Spec mg

Gautier, MS

Awesome show of blooms Jackie. They are all beautiful. I'm glad pink on pink made darker blooms for you. Love you BSOI, please save me one or seeds from it. Good to see you are getting lots of blooms. I'm starting to see one or two hummers around and butterflies.

Wow! All those blooms are beautiful. Love that moth too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.