Been away for a long time but am back!

Gainesville, FL

I have been away from Dave's Garden and actually away from all of my plants for several years due to family matters that had to be taken care of. In that time my subscription lapsed and while I would occasionally get messages from DG I did not answer them. I am back trying to rehabilitate my plant collection and my greenhouse space. I hope to be able to share and trade again soon. Because of this, my old plant trade lists are not applicable anymore. I lost many plants to neglect unfortunately while I was dealing with other life issues. I will have to make new lists as I discover what I still have growing.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Welcome back gothqueen! Best wishes on getting things back in order in your garden. I think many of the trade list on here are outdated now.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have been tied up also taking care of my mother
Sandy

Hi Sandy, been awhile. I know taking care of your mother takes up a lot of time, mine passed away in January, but I took care of her for a good four years. I still have Dad but he is in much better health than mom was, so I only go over there two days a week.

I lost dad almost 10 years ago.
Sandy

My pop is 86, the youngest of 8, the only one left out of his siblings, but most of them lived to mid 90's. Mom was only 81. I really miss her.

My mom is 85 and last of her family but has never been healthy, has lots of health problem. She has a couple of strokes 4+ years ago.

I am health good except for my joints. Have had one knee replacement and past do for the other, also have a pinch nerve in my neck. Have pt for my neck right now.
Hoping I can get right knee done after the first of the year. That is if nothing else pops up.
My dog Andre is a 13 year old now. Still a brat.

Sandy and Andre

I remember Andre, glad to hear still around. ☺

Oh yes. The brat maybe old and have a back injury BUT he is still a BRAT!!!!
I love the old boy.

Sandy

Decatur, GA

Welcome back. I note your message is almost a year old. I recently rejoined DG after an absence too.
How is your plant and greenhouse rehab coming along? I remember from past postings you are quite the plant/gardening fan.

Hello all have limited my on line.
I lost Andre in December and mom this March.
Just had my right knee replaced.
Hoping I can soon get my yard back in shape.
Sandy

Sorry to hear about Andre, so hard to lose our fur kids. Hoping you recover quickly from your knee surgery.

I am getting there. The doctor is again very pleased with me. He said he wished all his patients recovered as fast and well as I have. I already have 110 degrees of bend in that knee, I have 120 degrees in my left knee and that one was replaced a little less than 3 years.

Hoping to get a puppy this fall.

That's great, Sandy, keep up the exercising, a puppy will keep you on your toes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.