Weather August 2018

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Started off cloudy and rainy , sunny and getting hotter again the next few days

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the new thread, Ju.
Back home again, muggy, buggy, humid and so on. 76 this morn, up to 88F, 60% chance of rain. I don't think we've turned on our irrigation since April.

Pic's kayaking on Rainbow River in Dunnellon, FL, water so beautiful, cold and clean, you can see the fish. I could so live there if I could afford it. Houses on river start at 500k

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80's here sunny to cloudy and waiting on rain ,

Sun Houses are going extreme everywhere . Love the on the water pix ,

Yep, if a house has water around it, price goes up. I miss that cold water.

73/90/76F and a zero percent chance of rain...like that hasn't happened in quite awhile.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

89 , 68 ,,here today , Sunny now , My thermometers are reading over 90 ,

rain in a lot places this year , others as dry as desert cow bones ,

It's getting hotter down here this week too. Rain chances are lower all week, which I guess is good since lots of flooding of lakes around.

Today high 93, only a 15% chance of rain, at least there is a nice eastern evening breeze.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We were up in the 90's today , Tonight it is raining , YAY !!! about 79 degrees ,

Sun , Zebrawing !!! pretty ...!!!

77 this morn, not as muggy since we've not had any rain in a few days, hot today up to 94F with a 20% chance of rain.

Ju, that was a brand new butterfly☺

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

72 and light rain here

Good Morning Glory

Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny, 62º
Rain yesterday so in good shape moisture wise.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Raining and 72° right now. Not bad for August.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

91* feels like 101*, 57% humidity with a 7 mph south air current. Rain last nite of .25" leaves water ON the grass and the soil dry.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Made it into the 80"s sunny , A while ago it was raining with the sun shinning as usual ,
Stay cool Kitt

Country G sounds like good crop weather there

Sounds like everyone getting a bit of rain, only Kitt and I are roasting in the daytime heat. Stick a fork in me I'm done, comes to mind.☺

Got a good heavy hour downpour late last night, gave garden a good watering.

73/94/76F and a 30% chance of afternoon rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

68 now and 8 later , clear and sunny for today .

A white Morning Glory

Thumbnail by juhur7

Morning glory Love.

76/89/77F 40% chance of rain, it's 82F now at 11:42AM and already had one thundershower, sunny again now, more rain coming later.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

73 84 63 ,, Humid ,, cloudy , 10% chance of rain , feels really hot ,

Been raining off and on all day today, thunder boomers. At least temps are down some. It's 76F at 1:20PM

Sun shower this morn

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Cant get accurate temps- front just hit. Thunder, rain, wind kicked up on the leading edge and leaves and pine needles went dancing. So, I cant believe 89*, chuckl. 80% chance of rain turned into heavy storm warns...raindrops gave me time to get to the house after I turned my buckets open.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

83 ,62 for today , yesterday's 84 was nearer 90 by the time afternoon had passed ,
partly cloudy ,,

Winds during last evenings thunderstorm were fierce for quite awhile, as was the wicked lightning. Gingers knocked down, so I'll have to stake them back up, hopefully they didn't break at the base. Some overturned flower pots too.

A bit cloudy this morn, but rain is already on the radar on the west side coming to the east side, so more later on, but we'll reach close to 90 before that. Seems like the west and east sea breezes are colliding right over us each evening.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

90* feels like 102*, partly cloudy, 61% miserable humidity, 9mph south breeze. Hot. Is making my allergies kick up.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hot today, but had light wind so that helped. Cooling down tonight, tomorrow low 80's.

I like to see it cooling down up north, then it will eventually start down here.

For now it is HOT, mornings not too bad from rain cooled nights,

Today 72/91/74F 50% chance of rain.

3 brand new Zebra longwings just out of their chrysalis. They are so fun to watch in first flight.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

86 and sunny here today ,

pair of Goldfinches in Rudbeckia

Thumbnail by juhur7

Pretty Rudbeckia

High 93 with a 40% chance of afternoon thunderstorms, no rain yesterday.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

90*F feels like 102*, hi of 94* expected, mostly sunny today.65% humidity 6mph sw light wind. Banana spider showed up on my front porch this morning, they are sowing up everywhere all of a sudden.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

73 degrees this morning , rained all night second night in a row , Thunder and lightning in the distance as Thundershowers develop ..
Kitt Lots of spiders here also

yesterday morning

Thumbnail by juhur7

Yesterday was surely the hottest it has been all summer, got up to 96F in the shade in my garden. No rain past two days or even close to us to cool us down.

77F this morn, up to 93 with a 40% chance of rain.

Bromeliad bloom

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun That is Hot .. Pretty Bromeliad

84 and sunny here 89% humidity ,,after two days of rain ,dry today , plenty hot it is

We finally got a late three hour downpour yesterday, garden happy again. This morning it was 71F when I got up, been awhile since I've felt that coolness. Just a Tease.

High of 92 today with 40% chance of rain.

Dog prefers the porch when it thunders

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

68 81 ? 66 ,, Cloudy with some sun this morning 80% chance of thunderstorms today and tonight ,, This afternoon they will start ,

Sun When it thunders and lightning my cats go crazy .

Point at Tribbles and make a noise like a gun ,,
"aw "you got me " " tribble sound"

Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

2" of rain last night.
Cat keeping guard of bird feeder.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

LOL, Tribbles playing dead. And CG watch cat...☺☺☺

It was cooler yesterday only got up to 91F :-) No rain here, but all around so cooled us off.
Same thing today. 50% chance of rain.

My indoor kitties and dog mostly lying around, but Oreo always on window watching the lizards on the screen.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

64 74 52 partly cloudy ,

CG looks like tribbles real close

Sun , love the White whiskers Oreo ..

Your temps sound heavenly, Ju.

It rained late last night, but hard. creeks overflowed to the woods now.

75/92/74 with 50% chance of rain...same thing copy and repeat.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

August dog days full swing here. Was 86* last nite til really late hours, and not dropping to 77* til 4am in the morn. No rain, full sun here, no breeze to find. 96* feels like 106*F. Expected hi of 97*, but its been busting expected highs. 45% humidity, 4mph south stir of air. Any rain could only make it more miserable...
Clematis wants to bloom, I want to find out which one I have...

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun Pretty SWT

Kitt cute bloom

About 78 most of today was mostly cloudy ,

Tks, Ju☺

I actually went and walked around a botanical garden yesterday, it was cloudy and breezy from nearby storms so not too bad, although I was quite damp from sweat.
On the way home the sky broke loose and I could hardly see to drive and it was only 1PM.

Pretty much the same each day, up to 92, then thunderstorms, but it is 76 in the mornings, so ready for cooler weather.

Free car wash

This message was edited Aug 26, 2018 5:57 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

it rained all day yesterday , today it is 75 and sunny now , 89 for today with chance of thundershowers later , makes for humidity and heat indexes that are uncomfortable

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.