Soaker hoses in our out of trench/furrow

East Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 5b)

Hey all, this is my first post. I've used Davesgarden for years for help with literally everything garden related.
This is the first year we have tried raised row beds instead of just flat beds. I've really enjoyed it so far. This year has been great because we had a very wet spring and the raised rows helped keep the transplants a little drier. We reinstalled the soaker hoses last week but I'm confused. Is it more effective to have the soaker hoses in the trench or should it up up next to the plants. I've tried both and honestly really couldn't tell a difference currently, though I just use the stick my finger down to the knuckle and feel. I'm not sure if later on in the season if you should water the trench to get the water deep down.

Thumbnail by houndlyfe
This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!