Available: Sour Cherry Tree Seeds

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

We just made the year's first sour cherry pie from our cherry tree, so I now have seeds available. I've cleaned and dried the seeds, and they're packaged in packets of ten seeds each.

Growing fruit trees from seed is an awesome project for doing with kids, or as something to start while there aren't a lot of other seeds going. It's also a very cost-effective way to get a head start on a future orchard if you don't yet have space or resources to put in trees.

Bear in mind, it will be about five to seven years before the trees bear a significant amount of fruit. Our cherry seeds have always had a fairly high germination rate, and we're constantly digging out saplings from our orchard. They grow fast once they get going, but might need a chilling period in a refrigerator if you don't get reliably cold winters.

If you're interested in a packet of these seeds, please message me. I'll be happy to exchange them for postage, but if you think you have a trade I'd be interested in, I'm all ears. Considering how many cherries it takes to make a pie, these will probably be available for the entire summer (2018). I'll be keeping them in the fridge, so they'll also have a head start on their chilling period.

This message was edited Jun 7, 2018 3:43 PM

Bartow, FL

I would be interested in seeds for postage.
Been wanting to try this tree.
Sadly, I do not have any reliable seeds to exchange with you.

Thank you very much

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I f this thread is still open I would be interested if you still are doing the seeds .

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.