Morning Glories 2018 #07

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1475879

My 1st mg of the season Xiong's Chinese
My white Mandevilla with soft pink throat
Propagation prohibited when I purchased it 3 or 4 yrs ago.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie. The white Mandevilla must have been under patent, I've heard that on salvias if for your personal propagation it's ok but not to be sold. I guess it depends.

Helena, yes, it was patented. A lady who owned a local nursery found it growing
in south Arkansas somewhere and purchased several from the property owner. I was just lucky to be able'to purchase one of them.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susan, glad you found us. Can't wait to see your blooms.
Jackie, Kitt and Helena your blooms are beautiful.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thanks LK - should have known you'd be here! We seem to find each other lol

Gautier, MS

My mgs this morning. A few old favorites. A real lite pink and Dany's Peach was a lot lighter than I expected it to be. 3rd is tie dye and last from Azuremore.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Thanks Linda.
Very pretty blooms Helena.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I've been so happy to gaze at the pics of all the beautiful blooms from everyone.
I have buds on the Pandurata. My Mock Orange tripled in size on year 3. ( Hi, Tallulah)
The I. setosa shot is gorgeous, Kitt. I also see the Block on the Aoshibouri. (original seed from Oona Lee)
Love seeing so much clearer now. If I could only smell. All my Hybrid Roses have flushed out for the next 2 weeks or so, I will trim the dead heads fr more branches. I have a lot of vines, still no blooms. Hoping to keep seeing those beautiful Chocolates, Helena;and Xiong's makes my heart happy Jackie,THANKS! I have to show you a few of the People I have been taking care of..George is 89, his wife 90, and they are celebrating 67 years of marriage! And Betty S. just celebrated her 95th year yesterday! ( she is in the front) . Joanna is our in house piano Player,she is 96 and so good to play for us while waiting and at the end of the meals. I might seem silly to work on weekends, but I'm off the next two days so hopefully will find a bloom. Hi Linda!

This message was edited Jun 5, 2018 1:20 AM

This message was edited Jun 5, 2018 1:27 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

WOW! 67 years is a long time.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Debra that is a nice group of people, all smiles.

Glad I got up early to take pictures before the heavy thunder and rain.
Choco rose silk blzd
Black King
Tie Dye
Blue Purple Swirl, blue mix seeds
Dark Pink

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I love all your blooms this morning but that Choco/Rose is
special and I'm crazy about the beautiful Tie Dye, Love the dark pink too.
\
I;m fighting hard to save my pandy this year from the blister bacteria.
I;ve sprayed 3 or 4 times and pulling and destroying all the affected lvs that I see
and then spraying that area and lightly spraying the whole thing.

Beautiful blooms Helena.
Jackie I hope you can save your plants.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

67 years IS a long time, bless their hearts :-)

Seeing all these beautiful blooms does my heart good - thank you all for posting! I have a bleeding heart bursting out, and the others are coming along, but no mgs as yet - hoping the blue & the scarlet ones will be blooming for August, when we're hosting a Potluck BBQ.

I have tried so many time to grow a bleeding heart. It will not grow in this heat.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Jackie, I'm watching for seeds from that choco/rose. I even hand pollinated a few of the blooms. Hope your pandy survives too.
Linda, I don't know how many plants that I've tried to grow and failed. Some plants are just meant to grow in certain regions.
Forgot to post China Doll bloom from this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

sorry you can't grow a bleeding heart, LK - I like old-fashioned gardens and to me ferns & bleeding hearts mean just that, the grace of an old fashioned garden.
Oh, and MGs as well, of course!

Helena, that china doll is awesome.
It reached 112 today, and it is not summer yet.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

YIKES, LK - that's way too hot for seniors & babies. I suppose everyone is taking cooling baths to cool down?

Outstanding China Doll, no wonder I love it Helena.
OMGosh Linda, I would just have to live inside with that kind of heat.
I don;t believe it, one of my old sds from Debra of Stictocardia has sprouted.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
That is way too hot Linda.
Glad you got a Sticto to sprout Jackie.

Some of my mg label are turning out to be some other color.

Gorgeous blooms this morning Helena,. Love the beautiful Choc Silk.
What is # 2 again? I Know you told us before. # 3 pink is'very pretty..
Beautiful China Doll and is the last one Azuremores?

Beautiful blooms, Helena, I love the tye dyes and that purple/blue on the end. You have had some great grow outs this year!
Jackie, I am trying to get a cutting to root of my rampant pandy. I hope you save yours. If not, Maybe we can start you a new one.
LK, too hot to breathe, g/f! I'm inside when it is past 87 here.
Bleeding hearts and fern grow on my south shady side fence, but not when it is too cold for too long and then suddenly summer. We missed out on Spring!
from 2014, seeds from Jackie and Helena...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

What's a pandy?

I don't go out unless I have too. Watering the garden takes place before sunrise.
Helena and Debra, those blooms are so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Debra pretty blooms. Those blooms do look familiar.

Jackie, was to be purple no Mai but it didn't come true. Yes # 3 is Azuremores and I think it's from the same vine that had the blue star bloom the other day so the blooms vary.

Susan. pandy is short for pandurata, a perennial species.
Deb, my pandy doesn;t die permanently, just for the season. She comes back the next yr looking pretty until the blister bacteria jumps her again, I;m trying to keep the bacteria at bay until I can get a few pretty blooms and a few seed pods.
Helena, I didn;t hand pollinate the purple no Mai. it wouldn;t have helped anyway
since the insects beat me to the blooms each morning so they were in control of the pollinating. I didn;t know then just to carry my vine inside so I could be the one to pollinate, smh

Gautier, MS

Jackie, sometimes it just happens. Didn't think I should have done that too! Some of these vines are from old seeds too.

Some repeat blooms.

Gautier, MS

My new roses, been deadheading for more blooms.

Beautiful Morning glorys and roses, Helena. Jackie, I wish I could help you. I heard Peroxide and water in a spray helps fight fungus and disease.
Susan, I wish I could send you some of the Pandurata. I look for it every year. ( to show up) it's a perennial here.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Deb, your Blue Denim chose to bloom today,( my Turks Cap bloomed yesterday) the Milky Way has chosen to live after I relocated it, but I have buckets of chewing bugs right now. I cannot name this daylily- I have had it for a good 12 years. The red daylily is apt to be Fireside, but again, I have had it for at least 12 yrs....I love you guys blooms! Think I will stick to the few I have.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Lost my entire post, shoot!!!
Beautiful blooms Helena. China doll is such a beauty. Is # 2
Azuremores?
Wonderful pandy blooms Debra. MIne is budded out too and she is'huge
The copper fungicide is better than this 3 in 1 I;m using now,
Going to blow some cinnamon on my lvs with my dry duster,

Thumbnail by patootie
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

That pandurata flower is sure a pretty bloom!

Happy you have some blooms Kitt. Wishing you much luck on fighting all the bugs, constant battle. Thanks Susan, wish I knew if I could mail to you or not... Jackie, we just gotta get that stuff off yer stuff. Helena, your Roses need to have screen smell a vision LOL

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

?? What do you mean "if I could mail to you or not" ?? Seeds from US to Canada are mailable. Slips from plants are also mailable - can't have soil or too much water, but if you dampen a papertowel & put it in a baggie, it works.
The only thing you can't mail is tubers, or full plants.
Anyway, I'm not looking for more plants at the moment. I'm trying to get the ones I have planted to sprout up lol

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Debra, at least 2 of my pink roses were bought b/c of the nice scent. Pretty pandy blooms. Not sure if I'm going to get blooms on mine, it's either pandy or wild mg vines taking over the ground in back yard.
Pretty blooms Kit.
Jackie, hope the cinnamon works.
Here's a few blooms for today. BMN blooms was huge that it split. The rest of repeats.

Gorgeous blooms Helena. We don't care if they are repeats, wonderful to see.
My kitty dug up 2 of my vines, I;ve replanted them and added cayenne pepper
to try and discourage his awful behavior. If that doesn;t work, I'll just wad up newspaper sheets and place on top of the soil, covering the dirt, smh

Kit and Helena, your blooms are so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Hope your Kitty will leave your vines after the cayenne pepper.
Todays mgs. First bloom on youjiro blzd. 3rd bloom yesterday looked like Blushing Bride, today it has stripes too.

I love all those beautiful pink blooms!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.