Need help and advice!

Placerville, CA

I’m very frustrated. I used a miracle grow drip system last summer in a raised bed. Worked great for my veggies. I have another bed and wanted to do same. Had the hose but needed some of the fittings. Didn’t realize it’s a “special” size (3/8 inch). Home Depot doesn’t carry them in store so I ordered online. It’s turned into one of those projects where there is always one piece missing. :( Today I thought I had everything but found I’m short one male element. It’s the one that closes off the end of the tube. Went to HD website— no longer in stock.

Does anyone have a clever way to seal off the end of a soaker hose? Saw a suggestion elsewhere to kink it and close with a cable tie. Sounds iffy to me. Any ideas? I’m desperate to be done with this little project and move on to other stuff!!!

Picture shows hose and male end piece I cannot get my hands on.

This message was edited Jun 2, 2018 11:58 AM

Thumbnail by WayOutWest50
This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!