Can we set up a Carolinas-specific trade forum?

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

It would be really handy if we could have a region-specific trade category. I'm mostly interested for the sake of avoiding shipping costs, of course, but I feel like it would also be a great way to get to know the gardeners who are actually local to us.

Half trade convenience, half social outreach?

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

How would we do this? If we do not have many active gardeners now, I don't know if it will work.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Maybe it would have to start with people who already know each other? Start with encouraging those we know from gardening clubs or fairs to turn up in the forms once in a while? Or, possibly a prearranged trade event might work better. That way everyone who might be interested would have time to see the 'heads up' that that was going on, and a larger number of people would know to stop by. I'm pretty sure the ladies in the Hillsborough Gardening Club would be interested that it was happening, at least, though they might not want to participate.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

We used to have plant swaps and get togethers . What happened? I know the site changed but not for the better it looks like, has everybody been run off ?

This message was edited Aug 22, 2018 2:55 PM

Pittsboro, NC

I'm new to the forums; i assumed it got quiet because everyone is on Facebook.

I'm in the Pittsboro,NC area and have some white, double blossom rose of Sharon rootings that i will need to dig out of my vegetable garden and move on soon. I am happy to GIVE them away (for postage, if necessary.)

I used poles from trees we removed as a bean trellis and the poles have all rooted. Sigh.

Judith

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.