best/Worse/What did I learn today? Chat with friends..all welcome, come sit a spell..

Victoria Harbour, ON

We came from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1472785/

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Ohio girls left a few hours ago, had a wonderful visit..

Working on getting house organized, bedding washed and beds remade

Then leaves vacuuming and floors washed..yikes, girls come tonight, so hope I can have a nap before they come

Will post photo’s once I download them

Sooo need a nap lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

go for your nap!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ohhappy days, girls aren’t coming tonight..off for hot bath then relax..back paining
Could it be because I needed stars and bases for Xmas trees and didn’t want to lift the equipment and cut them while equipment sat on floor and I had to kneel hunched over to get it done

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hooray - you get to relax for a change!!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Can't wait to see photos.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Still can say morning, just!

Been busy, greg had a jacket he needed name embroidered on it since I took off his old company name and he seemed to think that old company name still showed, got that done.

Went over to Suzanne’s, her car is in getting repaired, she is leaving early Saturday morning for Aruba so I lent her my car to get her shopping done.

Now I’m ready to finish the hockey jersey made into a pillow, ex dil wants it for a friend..here is hoping I’ll get that done without a hitch

Big sigh, still didn’t download photo’s from camera, don’t want to do it until I have time because I know I’ll spend hours on them

Perhaps later

Haven’t seen Dianne or Karen, Deb and Debbie on lately, sure hope they are ok, miss them

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm here, just lurking. Nothing new or exciting going on. Been busy at work, have dog shows on Sat and Sun this weekend. At least with the holiday on Monday, I will have a chance to catch up on laundry, grocery shopping, etc before the work week starts.

Deb

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nothing I’m posting Deb is too exciting lol

Dog show days are the entire day right? Love holiday Monday’s, they are bonus catch up days for sure.

Trying to convince myself to go downstairs, have a lazy on

You deserve a lazy day Betty, you have been very busy.

Verona, ON

Wishing you all wonderful weather for your Memorial Day weekend.

Thank you Dianne. How are you doing?

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Dianne. I'm really looking forward to the long weekend!

Lyndonville, NY

Im here. Excited to see you tomorrow Betty! Has been long time.

Verona, ON

Lots of work being done on the house. It has been painted inside with light gray walls and white ceilings and trim. I really like it. New lights in the kitchen plus 2 new pewter ceiling fans in the dining room and living room. There are boulders arriving at some point - was supposed to be yesterday and yes I am a little hot under the collar about it. These will be placed right in front of the house. Pea gravel arrived to be put down in the dogs' yard. 5 new windows will be put in but they are being custom made so it will be 3 - 4 weeks for them to arrive. I absolutely hate the ones I have now. To be quite honest the TH and I need this chaos and noise gone. The downstairs is still a tip but I only go down there when the cleaning lady is here or need something from the freezer.

I am exhausted but it is a good tired. I've been working at getting the yard and garden back to the way it was before Warren died. Long way to go though. I have hired a young lad down the lane for a few hours every week to help me outside. he is just 11 and is so keen. He emailed me to ask what tools he needed to bring .... made me chuckled

You gong to Betty Debbie or Betty coming to you ?

Dog shows close to you Deb ? Yep a holiday Monday is a treat.

The memorial for Barb is next Sat. June 2 at her DD's place. M posted the info in the Memory Garden.

Lyndonville, NY

Meeting Betty in Buffalo. Our favorite breakfast spot.

Victoria Harbour, ON

So nice to see you post Dianne..wow will give you an entire new look to the place, bet it’s sooo pretty..exciting to have the young lad working, got to say he will do a far better job than a teen who has no interest in working and just want the $$$..hope he works out. Will you have to pick him up or is he able to ride his bike to your house?

Yep, sharon wanted to come stateside and bring mom as it’s her mother’s day gift from her so they laid a guilt trip on me re my not wanting to come.

On the good side I get to visit with Debbie...

Verona, ON

Safe travels Betty. Give Debbie a hug from me.

The young lad Keiran will ride his bike down when he gets off of the bus.

Hope to go to the village Farmers Market in the morning.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

can't figure out whether it's going to rain or not tonight....... got a tiny sprinkle but you could run between the drops lol
I'm working on some Christmas blocks for the Mini-swap. Hope to have them all done quickly & sent out to the other participants. Seems funny to do Christmas blocks in the heat of May :-)

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I have been sending about an hour a day in the garden. My garden helper i here about 8 hour on Friday. I do trimming and raking and leave it in piles. If I do not get it picked up, he has no problem doing it for me. I have a couple pool tablet bucket that I have painted and placed in several areas of the garden. They blend in but are available for my debris from deadheading. I finally got the KOI pond filter fixed so it is no longer throwing sand back into the pond. Now I need to figure out how to get the sand out of the pond without draining it. The filter has a vacuum suction but the hole in the pond is not the normal size of a pool hose. I need to go on line and find one.

Town is all a buzz over Vegas Golden Knights playing for the Stanley Cup. First year, expansion team, they call themselves "The Misfits", but have brought professional sports to Las Vegas and the whole town has gone crazy. I do not watch because it makes me to nervous and I know nothing about hockey.

Betty, so gad you get to see Deb. Still waiting for the photos from your last visitors. Sounds like you had a great, fun time.

Dianne, that sounds perfect, but a lot of work. So glad you found a young man. You can train him your way.

Thanks for the heads up on Barb's memorial.

Hugs to you all. Sharon

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, know they originally called for rain today but sun is beaming through the windows..

So enjoyed my vIsit with Debbie yesterday..she and Sharon worked up a scheme to haveme cross over to USA re shopping trip..was worth breaking myantiusa shopping just to visit with Debbie. Sharon even paid for the room so I wasn’t spending my $$$ lol..just not enough time with her but hopefully she will come visit for a few days..

Debbie should have followed us around for the day to keep mom and Sharon in control..sharon had little sleep Friday night, was tired andmom was getting on her nerves..all amd all it was a good trip.

Decided that after the past few weeks I will just laze around today, stock up on energy lol. That being said, I still have to play, Darlene’s birthday is Wednesday, decided to sew up the extra set of quilt blocks I did for table runner, Darlene loves the color combination so I’ll make it into a runner for her andit will be her birthday gift.

Victoria Harbour, ON

My gardens are nothing like yours Sharon re flowers but greens are something else, can almost watch the plants growing..your gardens are spectacular, want to be showing you color but not quite just yet.

I used to watch hockey when there was only I think 8 teams, we all knew the players but now just too many..our Toronto Mapke Leafs haven’t done well for many a year, hooe your vegas Golden Knightsgive you much to cheer about.

Dianne, so glad you will have help..yep squeezed our debbie hard enough for both of us...so early in the season for market goodies, what product do they have? Are there craft vendors at yours? We have a market here in town on Friday afternoons, must check to see if it’s on this early in the season

Susan, anxious to see your finished block..when are you getting the hot tub?

This message was edited May 27, 2018 6:58 AM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

We're not getting a hot tub - quite the opposite. We have a hot tub we can't use because they'll charge us $50/month for water. We're not paying that! We're thinking to sell it.
BUT, we bought a jetted tub for our bathroom and when my inheritance comes in we're going to do some renos to our bathroom (jetted tub, new floor & raised toilet, and fix the wall that cracked when they moved our home)

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

if you were talking about the mini-swap, here's the first block of the four, that I've finished.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Victoria Harbour, ON

Love the block Susan, good for you making good use of your inheritance..mom keeps saying I’m to buy a small rev with m8ne, way she is now she will out live me lol

Just got back from groceries.. 77with a feel like 82, very humid
Went to the greenhouse so I bought some perennials so when it cools off a bit I will plants them..bought a few rock crest, Lordy $10.97 each, buying perennials isn’t cheap. Hoping next year I can divide and plant more

Think I’m going to do some pennies for penny rug while I watch a movie

This message was edited May 27, 2018 11:17 AM

105 in Texas today, 10 day forecast is supposed to be 107 - 111. Too hot if you ask me.
Beautiful block Susan.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you, Betty & Linda.

More perennials, Betty? Soon you won't be able to walk in your garden, for flowers lol Is the fence up yet, blocking your view of your neighbour's yard?

Linda - that is WAY WAY WAY too hot - are you taking cooling baths and/or showers to cool off? I hope so. Too easy to get heat stroke. Please take care.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not yet, waiting patiently, on his schedule...

Always room for moreperrenials

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

about the perennials - yes, you're right, always room for more lol
My friend Pat was saying that my yard is looking lovely, and she doesn't know where I find the energy. Always find energy for things you love to do and I love gardening.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, thoughts are with you on this Memorial Day, all have memories of family members lost or in the service..hugs

already did my walk around the garden, omg can’t believe the growth, s
Nice the girls left plants are growing in leaps and bounds..sent the girls photo of the plant they took home (shhhh) and it’s grown a foot, not same goats beard as they have..and my roger plant that loves his new location (moved 3 times) is a couple feet high, always head there to say ‘morning Roger’today and 80’s Tuesday/Wednesday.

Goal for today is to get lawn cut and trimming done, problem with trimmer is gas one is way too heavy, new battery operated one, god knows where I put the charger so this morning I do in search for it...shaking my head!

In the meantime advanced embroidery has a 40%off Memorial day sale designs so want to check what I just have to have lol

Don't overdo things today Betty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hurrah for me, didn’t even have to go 8n search of charger...I’m patting myself on back, out it right where it belonged..

Had to come in from pulling weeds, skitters have taken the place of black flies

Glad you found the charger.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - you found the charger in the last place you looked, right? lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hadn’t looked yet susan..went to where the trimmer was and right besideon a shelf was the charger

Verona, ON

My young lad Keiran who I hired is a keeper. Man have his mom and dad done a great job with raising him. He is not afraid to ask questions, doesn't shy away from any task and is cheerful to boot.

Sharon several Canadians are rooting for the LV team. I don't watch TV that much and certainly not sports so unless I read it in the paper I have no idea who would even be in the Stanley Cup.

Hopefully by all the work I did outside today I will get a good sleep. My body has parts that are expressing their displeasure. I actually welcome them as it means I have been using muscles I haven't seen in awhile. My joints are extremely displeased but they always are.

Stay safe and well.

This message was edited May 28, 2018 7:16 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, suppose to be in 80’s today, lindakay likely saying ‘so cold’ lol

Isn’t that wonderful Dianne, to see the effects of good parenting, he will be a great help to you I’m sure..you will now look forward to his visits..

how are the bugs in your neighborhood? Are you also having ant problems..must see if yesterday spraying help..wish there was a solution rather than $27.99 a shot, by the time I’ve stopped spraying this week there goes $100

Girls come this morning and I’ve yet to water flowers, set garbage by roadside and organize myself so rushing out but will be back when it’s break time.

Good morning.
7 in the morning and it is already 75. We are supposed to reach 107 today.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Rather have my winters than deal with that heat..in winter other than 8n blizzard we still can go out and enjoy..yikes that is hit! No bugs though right?

Got garbage to curb, washed back deck, sprayed ants again, washed floors upstairs,having coffee and girls get here any moment..will need nap when they leave

We still have bugs. Skeeters are starting to come out, ants are all over the place, we even saw our first tarantula yesterday.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.