What\'s growing in your garden?

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

It's hard to believe that we have no post here in over a year.
I am getting ready to plant okra, squash, and peppers.
Please take the time to post and say howdy.
Sidney

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Sidney, How ya been? Good to see you're still you're still planting in the garden. I'm not doing any edibles this year since we have a few trips in the motorhome. I keep wanting to get my hubs down there to see that place you're living in. I lost touch with Bonnie, hasn't answered emails for awhile, hope she's okay. No one seems to post on the Florida forum on here anymore, not sure what happened, maybe Facebook?
-Sherri

By the way, we're thinking about maybe selling the motorhome, if you know anyone interested private message me. It's a 2006 Itasca Sunova, in wonderful well taken care of condition.

Bartow, FL

i'm trying to restart my indoor garden and maybe extend to self watering containers outside.
I know I will start another pond.
As I said in other threads though, I'm trying to get the seeds to sprout.
So far, my swiss chard is still doing great inside even after the hurricanes. And I have volunteer lettuce in the same tray from seed. And a mystery tomato plant from my worm bin that sprouted in my microgreen tray. Hopefully it is a golden cherry.

I will get some edibles going eventually. It normally is my main source of food.
Sad that most these forums are so quiet.
I don't want to spend my garden time on facebook.
Is why I pay for here.

Anyway, have a great day everyone.

Sorry i posted and vanished.
Sherri, you should come down for a week end or a few week days before you sell your M H.

Quote from sugarweed :
Sorry i posted and vanished.
Sherri, you should come down for a week end or a few week days before you sell your M H.

Sidney, that sounds good, I'll talk to husband, he has a little boat and could putt around there do some fishing. For now we have decided to keep the moho, he turned 65 back in March and we're enjoying the half off rates at the state parks.☺

2success_gal
Do you grow your garden inside because of the hydroponic?

Sorry this thread doesn't get much action anymore, I think most on Facebook now. Lots of garden places on Facebook, but doesn't have the personal feel.

Gainesville, FL

I have a lot go gingers of different types growing in my garden. Here is a peacock ginger!

Thumbnail by gothqueen

I love Peacock ginger, it is all over my garden from the squirrels digging it up and moving it around. I originally have two ceramic pots of it that my Pop gave me. Now there are clumps of it around the garden, some in good sun and some in shade, it all does well. Dormant in the winter but comes back in the late spring.

Gainesville, FL

I have it everywhere too! Love how it keeps spreading

Port St Lucie, FL(Zone 10a)

I check in here now and then. Nice to see some discussion. I have a place in Port St Lucie. Does anyone grow Shell ginger? How does it do for you? I like the variegated leaves.
ps Gave up facebook years ago. Not secure and way too political.

JPtropic,
Lots of the variegated shell ginger is used in area neighborhood landscaping, has been for years, most of it is irrigated and in sun/part shade areas. There is some growing in a roadway median in full sun, but it tends to get a lot of sunburn on the leaves. Blooms sporadically from late spring through early fall.
It does spread some underground tubers but easy to keep under control.
Here it can be frosted back by cold temps, but comes right back again.

Gainesville, FL

I like shell gingers both the variegated and non-variegated. Also have tons of hedychiums, curcuma, and costs planted out. Shomburkias and globbas as well.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I am still around. Been taking care of my mom plus have had some heath problems of my own.
I now have some guys that take care of all my plas and yard for me.
Sandy

Howdy, lt's getting cool enough to get outside again. I have more plans than l have energy or strength to do, but am getting there.
l have four blue barrels to lay on their side and make back yard planters out of.
Plan on one for herbs, one for veggies, one for cutting flowers and the forth for alsteremerias.

Sounds great Sydney! I've been doing some traveling this month and another trip next week, weather/hurricane permitting. Hopefully when I get back it will be a bit cooler to tackle some projects here.

Waiting for cooler weather, we need to repot my water lilies.

Been enjoying all the butterflies, hummingbirds, bees and birds.
Have over12 different kinds of butterflies
Sandy

Looks like we're in for a long hot summer. Been traveling a lot this month, but back home to a parched garden, not sure if our sprinkler cut out or if just so hot and no rain while we were gone. My crotons were so dried up the leaves were browning and coleus wilted badly. Watered really good with my rain barrel water last night, they look perkier this morn.

I'm ready for some cooler weather.

Me too

Fort Pierce, FL

Hello from Fort Pierce Florida

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.