New IB Community Manager. Hello!

los angeles, CA

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Tyson, the community manager who recently took over Alison's role. I'm here to support Melody, the DG site manager.

Please feel free to reach me at tyson.yen@internetbrands.com if you have any questions or issues that need resolving.

Thanks,
Tyson

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Didn't Alison leave years ago?

You should probably show up here https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1413860/
and let people know this site is not still a ghost site that it has been for years!

Read thru that thread.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Well, we certainly welcome you, Tyson!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I should have said welcome too but I was in such shock that an Admin was actually talking to us. LOL

So welcome Tyson.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg, I’m sure many will be excited to hear we are back in capable hands and able to answer many of our questions..

Welcome

Verona, ON

Welcome, welcome Tyson !!

So as I read your posts I am looking for the like button. You have no idea how much we needed you.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Great news! Welcome.

los angeles, CA

Thanks for all kind words. Right now, I'm doing my best to figure out how I can better serve Melody and the DG community.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Actually BEING here and answering questions and addressing concerns would go a LONG way. Glad there is finally a live person to assist us.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I tried to reach him and web site does not pull up. I need an e-mail address or an easier way besides what was posted by him above on May 8th. It is a friendly call, just want their help to get a member that left to return. He is paid up through 2024. Left because he could not reach someone or get a response. Sharon K. Winter....

Sharon, try sending him a dmail. He posted his email address on the other thread tyson.yen@internetbrands.com

This message was edited May 9, 2018 6:11 PM

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Elsie, I did but he is no longer a member. LOL. I finally realized it was an e-mail address not a website. I did send him an e-mail. Thanks for trying to help.

los angeles, CA

@ WormsLovSharon Got your email!. I'm reaching out to the member you mentioned and will see if we can make things right :)

los angeles, CA

Oh and BTW - we are working on allowing SG subscribers to post to "Memory Garden"

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Thanks you very much. He is missed but old like me and probably stubborn. Comes with age. I hope you are successful in your task.

Dearborn Heights, MI(Zone 6a)

Kell---You are so funny! LOL

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Tyson, I sent you a dmail.

los angeles, CA

@taters55 Got it!. I sent you a reply via d-mail and email.

Thanks Tyson, it worked.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Welcome, Tyson. Nice to know that we have someone helping maintain the site :-)

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Thanks for you help Tyson. Mission successful.

Tyson, I have another problem, I am hoping you can fix. Sometimes when I post a photo, it almost always turns sideways or upside down. Is there a way to fix that please? See my post on bottom of this thread.

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1472785/

Dearborn Heights, MI(Zone 6a)

Don't mean to but in. The sideways or upside down images are usually from iPhones or iPads. Your phone will show you images you took right side up to view them. If they were taken sideways, the image will show up here sideways. You have to rotate the image in an app and save it that way. Then it will work.
Sandy

Thanks Sandy. I will try that.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is what I have to do a lot of the time, rotating them on iPad works, only happens to a few

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Wow! Thanks for that information,Sandy. Once you have inserted a photo in a thread you can't change it so this is very helpful.

los angeles, CA

I'm un-sticking this as I don't want to miss out on any new member requests. If there are any new issues, create a new thread :)

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

What does "IB" mean?

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I think it's "Internet Brands", the concern that "owns" DG now.

los angeles, CA

As Anna_Z correctly pointed out. IB indeed is for InternetBrands.

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks! I missed that post from Anna_Z.

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

So, IBtyen, how many different websites do you help out with?

Snellville, GA(Zone 7b)

How can i get my jounal, diary (blog) and posts catagories when i log on. It took me forever to get to my blog? can you make a menu?

los angeles, CA

Sorry for the late reply to this!

I currently manage about 8 sites including DG.

Quote from LAS14 :
So, IBtyen, how many different websites do you help out with?

los angeles, CA

You can set this up in your preferences.

https://davesgarden.com/tools/prefs/home.php

You can move certain items so they show up at the top when you click on "home"

Quote from riceke :
How can i get my jounal, diary (blog) and posts catagories when i log on. It took me forever to get to my blog? can you make a menu?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Tyson, I'm hoping you can help me. For some reason it is not recognized that I renewed my membership with a payment via Paypal. This payment has been taken out of my account. If for some reason my membership is not renewed. Please refund my money.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Sillolegma -- I looked and you are subscribed through October 11th. Your renewed membership should pop up then when the current one expires. I had that happen last year but it turned out fine. You should have received a renewal thank you note from DG but that seems to take a bit of time these days!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

No, I was comped for a month until my payment is straightened out.

This should be everything you need to prove I paid.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2018 9:57 PM

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Back at the top of this page we were given a contact for questions. You might send him an email about this. I'm just a DG member, not part of DG staff (fortunately!) ;-)

tyson.yen@internetbrands.com

Siliolegma, your subscription is good until October 2019. You might want to go back and remove the private info from your previous post. I don't know if this is private forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.