Sunday Dec. 2

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello farmers. We had a windy day and night but not much more drifting since it warmed up enough to melt the surface a little and that made it too heavy for the wind to pick up. Some of those afternoon gusts were quite impressive. Hubby is on his way back to Western Oregon University near Salem, Or. We thought it looked better as far as weather and road conditions for him to leave earlier than planned. The roadcam shot of Deadman Pass on I-84 looks good for now, and he should be passing it in about another 15 minutes. Then there is a steep winding downhill for the next 10 miles. This trip takes 6 hours on a good day. The first 100 miles is the bad part, after that he will be unlikely to have any trouble. It sure was nice to have him home to chain up the tractor and 4 wheeler, carry firewood and move some hay around, also having him on the tractor while I opened the gates helps a lot because my horses love to escape through the gate while I try to run back, drive the tractor through run back again and get it shut. I hope all of you have a great restful day, count your blessings.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!