Looking for full or partial shade plants

Bryan, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi, I'm a new member and don't have much to offer yet. I can spare a few bengal tiger canna, pink oxalis, white,old fashioned rambling rose cuttings and what I have on my trade list so far. Really looking for plants for full or partial shade. I'm not very picky.
Thanks!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I have hostas, Astrantia, Aurum Italicum and Pestasite Japonicus Variegated. I will have to look at your list later. I am not too picky LOL. Mike p.s. I also have the American Daylilies aka ditch Lily that also blooms in the shade.

Bryan, TX(Zone 8b)

Quote from HazelCrestMikeB :
I have hostas, Astrantia, Aurum Italicum and Pestasite Japonicus Variegated. I will have to look at your list later. I am not too picky LOL. Mike p.s. I also have the American Daylilies aka ditch Lily that also blooms in the shade.

Hi Mike! I'll have to look up most of the plants you've listed! Lol I don't have a trade list put together yet. Anything in particular you like or collect?

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi MoranFam80, welcome to the show.

If you want shade plants... Our HOA doesn't let us cut trees down unless they're threatening our house, so we've got tons of shade, which means I've got tons of shade plants.

If you're still looking to trade, I'm interested in your Desert Petunia and Bengal Tiger Canna. The shade-specific plants I've got available are:
Astilbe in various colors, Brunnera 'Silver Heart', Rose Periwinkle, 5-10 unnamed Hosta varieties, Creeping Jenny, Lizard's Tail aka Water Dragon (only if you've got a boggy spot to put it in), and Toad Lily.

I'd be happy to send you a 'sampler' style box with one of each of the Astilbes and Hostas if you'd like? That would get your garden well on its way.

Feel free to head over to check out my trade list too, of course.

SummerStorm93

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.