Where is all my Carolina Gardeners?

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Wow I am back and as active as we used to be am surprised. Been a long time since anyone posted
Lavina

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

There's people here, promise, just.... I don't know, is kind of disappointing. I think it might be the wrong time of year. Spring is already over. Are people all gardened-talked out until things start blooming in earnest or something?

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm back as well. I am in Charlotte. I would like to swap flowers. It may be not so easy to receive viable flowers, though, with the temperatures so warm. Any comments about this.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

You're right about the temperatures. I'm pretty worried about any live plants I send this time of year, so I've been trying to stick to things that are extra sturdy, or mostly roots. My only other advice is to trade as close to home as possible. Normally I wouldn't dream of recommending meeting up with strangers, but if they're close enough to meet halfway in a public setting, it might be better for the plants this time of year.

Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone with the waterlilies I need who is in-state and willing to trade. Mostly I've ended up trading with people down in Florida.

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

I'm back as well. Been working hard on the yard this year and feel as if I'm making headway but so much room and breaking of ground needs to happen this will most likely be a winter project and many many many seed starts. Will have a few Iris and daylily fans to swap NOID on them but we'll see. I'm out on the coast.

Pittsboro, NC

HI, i just subscribed after being a long time free member just so i could post.

I'm gardening on a bit of our four acre lot near Pittsboro, NC. I have a strong interest in native plant restoration, so getting rid of stilt grass, autumn olive, and tree of heaven is one of the projects. We cleared and deer-fenced an area to be an orchard area. It's got 90 ft pines at the south border, so it's not going to be great for the three southern apple varieties and the Dunstan-descended chestnut seedling. It should be fine for persimmons, mulberries, and pawpaws. My veggie garden got eaten up by critters (temporary deer fencing planned for next year). The squash that wasn't eaten is suffering from powdery mildew.

I'm sick of rain and have had over eight inches in the last week. But there's sun today!

Hope to meet more gardeners!

judi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.