Weather- April 2018, is it Spring yet?

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I'll go ahead and start the new thread since Country Gardens has retired.
March thread: https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1470407/?page=3#post_10353863

Are April Showers going to bring in May flowers?
Happy Easter and April Fools day.

Chance of rain here today. High 82F

This message was edited Apr 1, 2018 4:53 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 79F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 71F today.

I don't know if there will be any April showers. April is iffy.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

81* 51% humidity, 9 mph breeze, mostly sunshine, rainfrogs still trilling. Beautiful Easter Sunday

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice sunny day here, but only 35 degrees.
Happy Easter all.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

in the 30's here snowing 2 to 3 inches with 2 winter weather advisory's
Happy Easter
Snow is our April Fool's about spring , equinox and all ..

22 to 24 degrees for tonight ,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun pretty blooms

Easter Evening is indeed April Fool's

3 is a Snow blooming Redbud ,,?

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

My goodness that is a lot of pretty snow, Ju. April Fool's for sure, like how the last picture shows the snowflakes coming down on the snowy branches.

Yesterday was mostly pleasant, but then a heavy thundershower hit, just as the boys were getting the burgers off the grill at dinnertime, I was happy, garden needed it.

Today a bit warmer high 86F, 50% chance of afternoon rain. Muggy

Baby wrens nest in one of my hanging bromeliads

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sun cute bird photo ,,

Snow all melted away 47 degrees and rain at this hour , tomorrow storms and 67 degrees forecast ,
Following that , back to the 20's and 30's ,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

3" of white s*** over night & still coming down. 29 degrees.

It got up to 70F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 73F today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

81* goin to 86*, humidity @ 64% with a 30% chance of rain by this evening. Sunset @ 743pm with a low of 52* expected by 7am ( dawn at 0645am) hi tomorrow at 71*-cold front, chuckl. Partly sunny breeze @ 14mph breezes
Mn! Soon it will warm a bit...

This message was edited Apr 3, 2018 11:29 AM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

62 degrees
Tornado watch
flood Warning
River Flood Warning
Severe Storm Watch

Rained all night , taking an hour or so intermission before the storms start again ,

Mostly Sunny today. High 88F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. 20% chance of rain later, as the cooler front passes through. Still pretty dry here, tomorrow will be more comfortable.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Mpls-St.Paul had 10" of snow. Over 600 crashes, slid into ditch & jack knife trucks. Still had 175 trucks out salting, but crashes continued. Salt don't help, but if the fools would slow down.
Sun out here, maybe this crap will melt before June sets in.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

33 degrees light snow

before GPS cars would slide into rivers , snow would cover the tire treads The ground freezing and thawing would also erase them , Then , you would about someone being found after a decade or two , Sometimes more than one at a time in the same place ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Shiver, they arent intelligent drivers anymore- everyone just tries to race.
Up to 70* and sunny, may see 2* more, NE winds at 13mph, humidity dropped to 24%.
For those of you dealing with northern views...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Ten inches of snow...yikes!

Florida has to have the worst drivers, in a hurry and ignore the rules, and half don't really know where they're going. And when it's heavy rain....really...SCARY!

Cooler this morn, feels good, high 80 and sunny 0% chance or rain, winds NE 10-20

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

74*, mostly sunny, 57% humidity, 40% chance of rain wont give me rain. 20% chance gives me rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Made it to 47 degrees today , Cloudy with no rain ,,
Got nothing accomplished , that will change shortly with the weather

It got up to 75F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 77F today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Front blew thru with rain tween 1 and 3 am. Hard short rain, 2 hrs of thunder, still cloudy this morning with light occ drizzles.
54* feels like 50* dropping to mid 40's tonite. 14mph winds, 99% humidity.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Made just about 40 degrees , sunny calm day ,

Got a good amount of thunderstorms yesterday early evening, and a bit more during the night, sunny this AM 65F, high today 76F, tonight 65F, don't think we'll see anymore 40's here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sun Really warm your way , this morning it is 22 degrees here , High of 40 if were lucky ,
I guess you sent the 40's to me ? thank you ? lol
looks to be a clear sunny day beginning

It got up to 78F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 79F. Yesterday we went hiking. When we got to the place, it was fairly sunny, but within ten minutes, the fog blew in. I doubt you could see 100 yards. That was the rain that we didn't get.

66F right now, Rain, rain and more rain, not complaining, really needed this. high 78F 100% chance of rain all day.
Ju, I'm working on sending you some 60's and maybe even some 70's :-)
Kell, I remember how thick the fog can get there.

Went fishing on Lake Louisa, some shots of the sunrise and my dog, 'Bear' on the dock

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30 here this morning , cold clear morning ,,
Sun , pretty pix , Big sigh , I want to go fishing ,,
60's will get here ,, say ,,,, about ,,,, June at this going ?

Tks Ju. Hope you get fishing soon, or try ice fishing...tee hee.

It rained all day and last night, and never did make it past 72F, this morn it is 58F and rain looks to be gone out to sea. High 76F

The baby Wrens, mom was to the side with dinner

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun here it would be like the commercial with the Suma wrestler on ice skates doing the baby bird Except the wrestler would be frozen ,
that being said ,, Awwwww Baby birdies ,,,
63 might be our high today , in the 30's now ,

Hope you made the 60's, Ju.
Baby birds have left the nest, another brood on front porch to watch, but can't see inside that nest.
51F this morn, sunny day with a high of mid/upper 70's.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lousy weather. Yesterday we moved plants to the greenhouse. Now they are forecasting heavy snow for Saturday. Expect trees down & power outages. Great, greenhouse with no heat. We are going to take plants to the shop.
Sucks!

It got up to 81F yesterday. There are calling for 68F today with 50 mph gusts.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

66* goin to 82*, 97% humidity, a light southern breeze @ 9mph. Cloudy still, clearing to sun by noon. 20% chance of a rain overnight. Still making places to put stuff outside, but expecting the 40's to return again next week? Soon anyway....

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60 degrees , 73 today ,, sunny , yesterday we made 65 degrees .

Daffodils

Thumbnail by juhur7

Ahhh, told you Ju I'd send some warmer days, love the daffodils.
CG, Hope the plants do okay, time for Old man Winter to go away and take Jack Frost with him.
Kitt that same storm coming this way next week, so far they say 40's only a bit north of us.
Today 57/84/65 humidity higher, clear and calm

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60's here this morning , 70's will be the high , then , well , crazy April returns ..
thank you sun
Daffodils bloomed near full

This message was edited Apr 13, 2018 8:58 AM

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

April showers bring May flowers! 76* goin to 80* no rain last nite. Chances of rain from 30% to 80% by 1pm and 3am. Lo of 60* tonite expected. Humidity @ 82%, the breezes are increasing in overhead pines (16mph),pitter patter just started. Better grab my buckets, figgered the rain frogs knew what they were saying....

It got up to 81F yesterday. We has a brief period of strong wind. They are calling for a high today of 82F.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are getting snow now.
HWY # 60 from St.James to Worthington & I-90 from Blue Earth west are both closed.
Wind is still NE, but not as hard as during the night.
Hanker down all.

Really warm muggy cloudy and windy 74F this morn.100% chance of heavy thunderstorms later on as storm front comes through. Winds SW 20-30 low tonight 57F.

Maybe Xanto will be the last winter storm for everyone...I dunno???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.