Hey hemheads!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

As you may have seen, we've recently added a new feature to DG, allowing you to share your opinions on sources for daylilies, as well as other garden plants and supplies.

Please take a minute to check it out: http://davesgarden.com/gwd/ Then add your rating and a comment to the companies you've dealt with, and add the companies you buy from that aren't listed yet. A few daylily sources have already found their way into the feature, but I figure you-all really know "who's who" in the industry, and that makes your input very important.

Your opinions can help steer new customers to your favorite sources, and prevent disappointments for others who may be contemplating purchses from a company you've had problems with.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Terry.....what the heck is a Hem Head???

"eyes"

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

daylily = hemerocallis hemhead :)

"eyes" the first time I heard the term, I wondered what kind of fight somebody was trying to pick, calling a group of people a name like that. But tiG is absolutely correct, it's a reference to the botanical name Hemerocallis.

For the record, I don't consider myself a true "hem head" because I just have a tiny starter collection of the plants; in fact, I know so little about them, I nearly started a riot when this forum was created, because I referred to them as a bulb and member of the Lily family. (A REAL hem head will set you straight in record time on that issue, LOL.)

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

...aw shucks, Terry.....I always called 'em daylilies, and I'm sure I always will....my tougue gets all kinda funky twisted when I try to say those techniquely correct terms...not to say the least of what it does to the old noodle......

"eyes"

eyes, it's funny you mention getting tongue tied...Have you seen the thread I started over here? http://davesgarden.com/showthread/171952.html

Sounds like we're in the same boat :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.