Discontinuation of Fructification Process.

NAVANAGAR , BAGALKOT, India

Sir,
I have a JackFruit tree of which the seed was sown on the 2nd of May 2009.
The seed was already sprouted in the fruit itself, which was cut on 29th April 2009.

First flowering was seen in March 2016. But all flowers were male and dropped down.

Second flowering, seen in March 2017 which was also had male flowers only and dropped down again.

In First (2016) & Second (2017) flowering dropped off as all the flowers appeared were male ones.

But this is the third year (2018), in which flowering started in last week of December 2017.
Both male and female flowers are seen this year.
Given are the chronologically taken photos of the Female JackFruit Flower. (taken from 9th January - till - 3rd March, on which day the fruit dropped off).
But this year also, even though there are both male and female flowers, dropping off of the tender fruits is continuing.
I cut the fallen fruit and tasted it.
It very mildly sourish in taste and sections and seeds have not yet developed.

Why dropped this year also?!
This is 3rd year of flowerimg. Fructification Process should have been continued.

Can anybody enlighten me with the reasons for the problem and extend the expert advice.

And if it is hormone irregularity or deficiency how to correct??

Or problem of pollination?
Is there is any method to artificially pollinate the JackFruit flowers.

With Warm Regards,
Dr. NARGUND

Thumbnail by Nargund_doctor Thumbnail by Nargund_doctor Thumbnail by Nargund_doctor Thumbnail by Nargund_doctor Thumbnail by Nargund_doctor
MADURAI, TAMIL NADU, India

In Tamil Nadu Jack fruit is very choosy in growing conditions. The Pudukottai dist. jack falkes are very sweet and has a wonderful aroma.In Madurai the tree grows well but fruits show only fibers, no flakes. Soil factor is the main that controls fruit setting. Pantruti jack fruit flakes are costly in Madurai. Actually each flake is the female flower of Artocarpus integrifolia. Attached herewith is a tree bearing 1500 JACKFRUITS IN ONE TREE.

Jj

Thumbnail by JohnJebaraj

Quote from JohnJebaraj :
In Tamil Nadu Jack fruit is very choosy in growing conditions. The Pudukottai dist. jack falkes are very sweet and has a wonderful aroma.In Madurai the tree grows well but fruits show only fibers, no flakes. Soil factor is the main that controls fruit setting. Pantruti jack fruit flakes are costly in Madurai. Actually each flake is the female flower of Artocarpus integrifolia. Attached herewith is a tree bearing 1500 JACKFRUITS IN ONE TREE.

Jj

Dear John,
Thanks for the kind reply,
Please enlighten me upon the measures to be taken to prevent Jackfruit drop.

And I am herewith attaching some photos of the "SIDDU HALASU" (Siddu Jack) which is prized for its excellent taste. Sections are of pink color. Tree is near Tumkur Karnatak.
The Karnatak branch of the Central Horticultural Research Department has taken the tree on contract base.
They are preparing the grafts of this fruit tree and selling @ Rs. 200 each out of which Rs 175/- is given to the owner of the Tree.

Thanking you again for the reply,

Awaiting eagerly to receiving your expert advice.

With Warm Regards,
Dr. NARGUND.

Thumbnail by Nargund_doctor Thumbnail by Nargund_doctor Thumbnail by Nargund_doctor Thumbnail by Nargund_doctor Thumbnail by Nargund_doctor

Dear John,
Thanks for the kind reply,
Please enlighten me upon the measures to be taken to prevent Jackfruit drop.

And I am herewith attaching some photos of the "SIDDU HALASU" (Siddu Jack) which is prized for its excellent taste. Sections are of pink color. Tree is near Tumkur Karnatak.
The Karnatak branch of the Central Horticultural Research Department has taken the tree on contract base.
They are preparing the grafts of this fruit tree and selling @ Rs. 200 each out of which Rs 175/- is given to the owner of the Tree.

Thanking you again for the reply,

Awaiting eagerly to receiving your expert advice.

With Warm Regards,
Dr. NARGUND.

MADURAI, TAMIL NADU, India

red-fleshed-jackfruit

http://www.itfnet.org/v1/2015/01/india%E2%80%99s-unique-treasure-red-fleshed-jackfruit/

I have tasted both Orange and Cream yellow flakes that are really superior. Kadalore and Pudukkotai fruits are superior in INDIA. Soil and other edaphic factors are very important. You must go in for a very good GRAFT. Growing plants from the seeds will cheat you.

Jj

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.