Weather, March 2018

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

March is coming in like a lamb. Sunny, 32 degrees.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

started at 51 degrees 40 degrees now and falling , steady rain ,, High wind warnings and high winds here
If it continues to rain as it falls to 30 degrees , ice or snow ?

Lion ???

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

A Lion for sure, especially up on NE coast. When did they start naming winter storms??

High 76, low 51F, Sunny, Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. A little line of rain came through before dawn, but wasn't enough to do anything for garden.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sometime around 1990 ? naming winter storms

33 degrees and sunny here , welcome after a week of rain and gray ,

I was wrong as usual ..
Naming by The Weather Channel. In November 2012, TWC began systematically naming winter storms, starting with the November 2012 nor'easter it named "Winter Storm Athena." TWC compiled a list of winter storm names for the 2012–13 winter season.

I thought they starting naming storms about the time of "The Perfect Storm " oh well ,, sigh ,,,

This message was edited Mar 2, 2018 9:43 AM

Well, how about that, thanks for the weather education, Ju.

50F this morn, breezy but sunny. High today 72, low tonight 46.

Trees getting new leaves

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny & windy, 35 degrees.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 55F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 58F today. We got 1.04 inch of rain yesterday an the night before last. I am happy with that.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

44 degrees sunny ,,
Buds on the trees
sun ,,,your welcome ,, I learned something ,or got reminded also
tree with buds

Thumbnail by juhur7

It got up to 54F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 62F. It looks like this is the last of the cooler temperatures. We got 1.12 inch of rain yesterday and the night before. It is possible that is all we will get until next winter, but probably not likely.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

42 and Sunny , no blooms only green appearing ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Our snow is disappearing.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Rain a good thing, buds a good thing, snow disappearing a good thing.

44/74/53F sunny.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30 degrees to start today , 43 for later mostly cloudy , chance of rain ,

It got up to 63F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 72F. It is windy.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

81*, 63% humidity with a light 9mph wisp of breezes. Occasional sun, mostly gray, occasional dark clouds. The rains when they show are 12" apart drops. I went and watered the plants, sigh.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

35 degrees this morning with rain & SE wind. Changed to snow & with wind we had blizzard conditions. Snow has stopped now. 31 degrees.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Cooler and rainy. Still not bad for March 5. Could be worse.

They say that the high yesterday was 70F but it felt a lot hotter. I had to change clothes in the afternoon. They are calling for a high of 77F today. It looks like it will be windy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

35 , 51 , 33 for here cold light rain ,,

67/73/45 cloudy, rained off and on all night, not as much as needed, clearing later and quite breezy.

It got up to 75F yesterday. That made it hot enough upstairs to need the air conditioner before I went to bed. They are calling for a high today of 74F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

31, 23, 33 , light snow 17 mph wind ,

You all sound nice and toasty warm ..

Well , almost all

46/67/42....that's cold enough...my toes starting to get cold.

It got up to 72F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 77F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

28 , 34, 23 ,, Had several hours of snow last night , about two inches , melting now sun shine a while ago , cloudy now ,,

39/70/47 sunny, humidity will drop as low as 20% at warmest part of day. That is low for Florida.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

21 40 ,23 , You realize after last weeks 50 to near 80 degrees weather This snow and cold is MEAN !!!

21 degrees is really cold for here this time of year

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just an ordinary day. 15 degrees high clouds. It is March, can't expect much.
Plants are growing nicely in the basement. Will open greenhouse end of the month.

Little colder than they predicted....again. 40F this morn, but a bit warmer for next two days, up to 77F today, rain tomorrow and Monday and then cold again all next week. :-(

It is colder here also for this time of year, normally if a cold front makes it this far south, we typically warm up real fast, but not so this year. Weather reports have been way off. Wish I left my greenhouse up.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

26 degrees sunny and clear , 44 for our high ,

Sun We get the way off weather also , 20's at night , way too cold for most plants ,

They say it got up to only 71F yesterday, but it was a shorts and air conditioner evening. They are calling for a high of 59F today. It is completely cloudy. There is a 100% chance of rain this evening, but they keep reducing the quantity.

It got up to 57F yesterday. It pretty much rained all night and we got 0.7 inch of rain. They are calling for a high of 67F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

35 degrees mostly cloudy , 17 mph wind ,, it's cold ...

69F right now, windy 20-30mph and light rain until 2PM then clearing and colder, low 45.

Mexican Flame vine blooming

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Interesting, Sunkissed, a 'daisy' vine

It got up to 64F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 74F. It was foggy this morning, which is unusual.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun nice bright bloom !!!

31 degrees gray , freezing rain happening for tonight ?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

64* lo of 44*, sunshine felt cold all day. Humidity 35%. Winds finally dropping to 5mph.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

we had no stay snow flurries and 35 degrees here today

They say that it got up to 61F yesterday. It felt hotter. They are calling for a high of 66F today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We are at 33 degrees little round snow sleet coming down with flurries now ,
Wind comes and goes at 25 + mph ,, it's cold again ,,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.