CLOSED: All yellow bird

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I am a birder but can not I’d a new bird at my feeders.
Size and shape close to a warbler, slender, tail kind of long.
COLOR. All yellow, no black, brown, grey or green. Yellow bright clear with a possible slight flush of orange tint( do to cataracts vision off so flush of orange might not be there) not sure about shape of bill but not a heavy seed eater’s bill
Not a Goldfinch
Thanks for any help

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Check out Orange-crowned Warbler

Resin

Sorry not bright enough. The bird was very bright yellow. About as bright as a summer male goldfinch but no other color and was a little longer and thinner that the gold finch
thank you

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Nothing I can find meets all your criteria. My first thought was OC Warbler too. Next thought was an escaped pet bird like a canary, but they have seed eater beaks, so that doesn't fit. Hope maybe if it comes back you can get a photo.

Thank you.
I have cataracts(1st removed this motning) so I might be wrong about beak.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

For sure you have ruled out a domestic bird like a parakeet? Florida, my home state, is notorious for that. There are numerous warblers that winter in Florida. Are you aware, and have ruled out, all species? I am leaning towards it's a warbler you are not familiar with. There is also at least one fly catcher that winters there but not so bright I think.

I am a North Florida Native. A long time birder. Been feeding birds for many many years have never seen a bird this bright at my feeders. (Did see a Prothonotary warbler in my yard a few days a go but was not bright yellow on back.)
Checked pictures of warblers but no matched. I saw the back of strange bird.
Will not rule out the parakeet as my vision is off and did not have my binoculars then.
Thought we have had some very hard freezes up here. All my butterfly, bee and bird plants are dead.

The bird has not returned but I did see a Evening Grosbeak today. Have not see one in over 20 years. But not the same as the odd bird.

It is a orchard oriole finely get a good looks it her. She is coming in to get the meal worm I just put out. She might have nestlings.

Get a Orchard Oriole she might have nestlings

Sandy and Andre

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Nice to get it sorted at last. It won't be nesting at this time of year, though!

Resin

You would be surprised at how many birds are already nesting down here in Northeast Florida. They started even early even for us this year.
She will grab a few worms and then fly off, returns and flies away again, then not return. So she is either feeding babies or working on her nest.
I can not set out there for very long. But the wrens are doing the same thing.
Birds songs started in January this year, weather has thrown everything off.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.