December Weather - Snow for Santa?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

December can be nasty or nice.
Comment on this thread.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

59F this morn, high near 80F today, sunny and slightly breezy. Putting up my Christmas tree in shorts and flip flops. ;-)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 78F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 76F today, so it will get up to 79F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

49 degrees here , bright sunny day , 28 was our low last night ,

Still pretty warm here, skeeters have hatched back out this weekend, we have been reaching low 80's last two days. Moon is beautiful at night. Nights go as low as 60, even upper 50's so haven't run the AC.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

54 degrees this morning. Down to 20 this evening with snow & 45 MPH NW wind. Lovely!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

62 degrees or so today cloudy most of the time , rain and night now , Starts getting cold now
We have temperatures in the teens for later this week

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

27 degrees on the way home, 100 yards visibility, snow blowing across the hood from the north. White knuckle driving at it's best. After I got home, a no travel advisory. Kinda late for me....

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

At least you are home now. So glad I gave up driving the interstates before winter! We had a bit of rain, temps got up to very nice76*+? but now the sun is down, 69* - the front will reach us by 8am and temps will drop slowly to maybe 54* by 7pm. No freeze for us yet, just passing rain clouds.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sounds terrible here. NW wind is upwards of 35 MPH. Our house is very tight, but we can hear this wind. We also have grove on north & west. A little snow on the ground, maybe an inch. 30 degrees.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Kitt, I was looking at some of those pile ups on You Tube. Were you ever involved in one of them ?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Nope. Were you looking @ Mich? I hated driving that state, idiots without a clue. I have come up on many such sites, or routed around them. Knew about the Santa Anas in Cali and the Continental Divides and when NOT to drive. Kids these days in the trucks are not paying attention to how to read the road, how to think what they will do IF, and wont listen cuz they on fones, or have no access to weather info. Then they freak totally out once they get in the middle of the storm that was calmer while they were parked. Seems like they just don't learn either. I had a little brother who taught me a few things he learned on The Midway in the Navy and so knew how to work the storm systems.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Winds are only howling here with some rain ,
Sounds icky up there ,,
I never could drive in storms ,so I don't ,..

It got up to 66F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 68F today. This will not last. It is so windy that it sounds like it will tear the awnings off the house.

... High Wind Warning now in effect until 4 PM PST this
afternoon...

* winds and timing... areas of northeast winds 25 to 40 mph with
damaging gusts to 60 mph will continue through early afternoon.

There are two fires burning in what I would call the greater Kelli area. Neither is a danger to me.

This message was edited Dec 5, 2017 9:50 AM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It is 35 degrees with ferocious winds here , feels like 20 or less , it's cold again ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Temps have dropped to 56* but wind brings it down to 52* feel like. Rained this mornin, maybe an inch? I miss the sun.

My goodness, such bad weather reports, you all stay safe, high winds in snow or fire, rain...all bad. Kitt I'm glad your not on the road this winter...you retired for good? Pretty lights.
Still nice here for now, breezy high probably up to 80 today, low humidity. One more nice day and then the cold front hits here, no one can make up mind of how cold...will just have to see. We could use some rain.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

39 ad high winds today ,,21 and windy for tonight ,, brrr people , it's cold

It got up to 75F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 74F today. It is still very windy. Some of the houses here have these things on the roof that I call wind turbines. They kind of look like mushrooms and spin in the wind and are supposed to ventilate the attic. Our house has two on the house and one on the garage. I can't tell if they really do anything. A house up the street has one that screeches when it is very windy or the wind is from the south. It has been doing that for 20 years. The woman next door said that it has been doing that for even longer. I think if I lived next door and knew those people were not home, I would climb up on the roof and jam a stick into the wind turbine. It is on the other side of the street and at least two houses up but I can hear it when the house is still and I am sitting on the couch. The wind keeps the squawking mockingbirds suppressed but then I have that stupid wind turbine.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny 20 degrees & no wind.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

we had snow flurries and no accumulation this morning ,,windyand about 2 degrees then ,
it is 20 degrees windy and the temperature is still falling , a cold , cold night coming ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

40* til it just dropped abt 8pm, still a drizzle, but snow is coming in with the drizzle. Should be done by 11pm, but now they are calling for 29*, suurre it would be now...

It got up to 75F yesterday. They are calling for 80F today and tomorrow, 81F on Sunday, 82F on Monday and Tuesday, and 81F on Wednesday. This is like just like if you were waiting for it to get warm and all it did was snow, but in reverse. It is very disappointing.

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

27 degrees today and cloudy. Started the day yesterday at 3. Brr

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

E-mail from our onion plant supplier, Dixondale Farms. They have snow on the onion plants. This place is almost in Mexico, south Texas.
Sunny here,27 degrees, no wind.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunny about 30 degrees ,light wind

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Storm headed straight toward The Valley, where Dixondale is. They had more snow than I did. Froze last nite, too. Will tonite by daylite again. The sun came out today, tomorrow afternoon we will be back up near 50*. Onions dont care about snow, makes em happy down here.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Front is here now, rain all night, got really hot yesterday up to 83 and humid. Rain almost has cleared us now at dawn and temps have already fallen 28 degrees since 5AM. Pretty breezy. Most weather forecasters predict a few hours in upper 30's tonight. I see a little snow on radar up in the panhandle of FL.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Fl gonna get a cold front too! Cali gonna be only place no frozen fruit trees. 41* but 36* feels like. Still ice in the dog bowls, I am snuggled up stayin toasty - I have a daysleeper in the house this mornin, good excuse to slum a bit.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

29 degrees , snow and sleet falling , About 1/2 inch of goop ,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

29 degrees , snow and sleet falling , About 1/2 inch of goop ,

Ju....Double goop...LOL

Rain gone, 39F clear and cold this AM but didn't go lower than 38F..that's good. High today 58.

It got up to 81 F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 82F. That would be great in August, but I'm getting really tired of having to change clothes in the middle of the day. That should have ended in October. No rain in the 10-day. If the weather is going to be the same all of the time, I might as well live on the Space Station. I know no one understands, but all of this sameness is kind of depressing. All I'm asking for is for the weather to go back to historical averages.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun Like playing on Snow Cones ,

Kelli ,, That is the place to live Space station earth

19 this morning 32 and sunny now , windy and cold though

Well Kelli look at the bright side, at least you don't have to worry about your plants freezing.

It was much colder last night than they predicted, 35 this morning and frost on rooftops and lawns, looks like snow. It is still just 37 at 8am....even the dog won't go outside. LOL

It got up to 78F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 81F today. It is supposed to be windy but hasn't started yet.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40 degrees partly sunny it gets cold again the next few days and warms up to the 40's again ?

43F now at sunrise, supposed to warm up to 72, sunny. Same thing here, will get cooler again tomorrow and then warm up eventually to our normal temps.

Some shots I finally downloaded of the nice moon we had a week ago....and a Cardinal.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Nice pictures

It got up to 80F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 80F today. They said that there has been no rain in 250 days except for one one hundredth of an inch in October. Isn't supposed to rain before Christmas.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

70's yesterday but another front blew thru and hi today will be 60*. Sunny and breezy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.