Smoking ......

Midland, PA

I've started a new thread as I didn't want to appear to be stealing or highjacking Marigold's hot flushes thread. My apologies Marigold.

Just got back from the doctors and everything is fine with this little one. Actually better at this point than I was with Brad. (I can't figure that one out!) I even gained 4 pounds (makes a total of 5 pounds at 4 1/2 months).

Arlene, I also smoked and nursed Brad for 10 months and he has turned out fine. I was concerned about trying to quit while carrying this little boy and the doctor said to just cut down that it would not be pretty if I quit cold turkey while pregnant. So I am concentrating on eating well, sleeping well and getting enough exercise.

Those of you who have quit -- what did you do or use to quit? Ive tried the patches, tried cold turkey (that was really ugly). I've been hearing about an herb that is supposed to help with quitting. Supposedly if you take it and drink lots of water it helps your system "detox" (for lack of a better word).

Badseed - you don't happen to have MVP too??? With everything else that we have in common, I wondered if we shared that trait too.

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!