Trying to restart flowers and garden

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I am back after a year or so absence . Lost hubby last Oct to cancer and need to move on. All my flowers died due to I let then go. I need suggestions and seeds if anyone can share them. I gotta start over all the way around. A young guy from the water front thought he was doing me a favor and used round up while I was on vacation and killed most of what was left, rose bushes included. I can pay postage for seeds and have a few I can share. Stela Diors and Yellow marigolds.TIA

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Lavina, are you looking for any specific seeds ? I have daylily seeds for sure. I can harvest hibiscus, aster, hollyhock, morning glory, rose of Sharon, liatris and Purple Smoke that are currently in the garden. Just let me know. So sorry to hear about the passing of your dear husband. May you find the strength to carry on. Dwell on the great memories and the good times. Gardening will certainly help ease the strain.
Mike

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi LavinaMae, Send me a DMail and let me know what seeds you needs and I will send them to you . Gardening is good therapy and may God give you strength to carry on.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Im looking for Burgs, Daturas, burgandy holly hawks or any holly haws Hibiscus /
Im still having problems moving forward so say a prayer for me

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

It will take a long time to recover from the loss of your husband. So sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my prayers. Gardening will help some.

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

LavinaMae, what kinds of seeds besides the four you listed are you interested in?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

LavinaMae, how's the project going? I had to give up gardening 'bout four years ago because of health probs. But my seeds have always been stored well and I have oodles of species to share. If you have plans for fall planting, winter sowing or early spring 2019 needs just let me know and I'll see what I can find for you. We're in the same idea zone.

ATBTY ~ £áz

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

I have hollyhocks and hibiscus.Send me a D Mail with you info.

Metairie, LA

I have a variety of seeds I can send. Sugar rush cream pepper, romanesco broccoli, italian lavendar, calendula, parisienne carrots, juneberry, Hawaiian supersweet corn, dwarf papaya. Have some other things, not looking at all of the seeds.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Months ago I made an offer to you -- quoted below. I canna recall if you ever looked me up in the West exchange & responded to that offer. I have problems with CRS, so maybe you did and maybe I sent you seeds to help you in that project.

Like my dear late Aunt Olga used to say (tossing her hands up in frustration): "Zumpt-tink kappened. Vee don't know."

I can no longer garden due to health. I still have a Gazillion flower seeds, seeds for flowering bushes & trees. All have been carefully stored.

Be sure to tell me your USDA or Sunset plant growing zone so that I can hunt up seeds for perennials that are friendly with your weather. I also can help you with a good variety of seeds for annuals.

Quote from LazLo :
LavinaMae, how's the project going? I had to give up gardening 'bout four years ago because of health probs. But my seeds have always been stored well and I have oodles of species to share. If you have plans for fall planting, winter sowing or early spring 2019 needs just let me know and I'll see what I can find for you. We're in the same idea zone.

ATBTY ~ £áz

This message was edited Mar 27, 2019 3:31 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.