Weather, August 2017

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Another nice day here. Hope you have the same.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank You CG.
Sun is back after rain all day yesterday. High 89F 40% chance of rain later on.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It poured down rain for about 5 minutes yesterday evening. Yay! Something different. Today they are calling for the usual 97F. Temperature at 5:45AM was 73F. It cooled down poorly. It is humid (80%). Dew point is 64F. Usually it is lower than any temperature we ever get.

Kell nice to get some rain, but with it comes humidity.

High 85F, cloudy, 90% chance of rain, I see it on radar already. Sheesh!

We had a nice sunny hot day yesterday, some clouds in the late evening, one with a silver lining....

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Has been raining since noon. Burn bans just went into effect in South Texas. 77* 62% humidity since the rain hit. Grass is already growing - so nice not to still be in upper 80's/ 90's.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Supposed to rain here overnight & tomorrow. We need it!

They are calling for a high of 99F. It will easily make it to 100F. It got to 100F yesterday.

Whew...Kelli.
High 94F today, cloudy now but only a 20% chance of rain. Be glad to send it to CG.

They are calling for a high of 95F, which means about 97F at my place. It is still somewhat humid.

Sumterville, FL(Zone 9a)

80 degrees at 7:15 am and no breeze

They are calling for a high of 92F. That means that it will be around 94F at my place.

This past July, Death Valley had the hottest month on record anywhere in the world. https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/new-global-record-hottest-single-month-established-death-valley

Interesting Kelli.
Today is gonna be the same as yesterday...HOT. High 95 or hotter. Sun blazes like Death Valley. Very slight chance of rain. Now I miss it. LOL.

Skink finds shade on front porch

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you for the re-direct sunkissed
70 degree , gray day again , 54 for tonight ,

My last rose bloom of the season

Thumbnail by juhur7

No problem, July sort of zipped by ;-)
Pretty pink rose, they take a lot of work in FL with all the moisture, so I don't grow them anymore.

Today high 92F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

They call these Billbergia Pyramidalis, "hurricane bromeliads" since they pop up during peak hurricane season.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 92F, which means 94F at my place. Same old, same old, in other words.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Home near Magnolia, Tx. 80*, 100%humidity, air stirring at 6mph, heavy rain a few miles away now. My hummers are watching their feeder.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt I have seen a few Hummers here also
80 degrees was our high most of the day 70's , cloudy ,nice breeze about 2 or 3 mph

some zinnia starting in ,

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

High 93F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph, 20% chance of rain. When winds are from the south and it doesn't rain it stays in the 90's until 8PM...ugh.

Pretty zinnias

The hummers love our huge fire-bush tree flowers, pictured below....I wish I could capture a photo of them but they move way too fast.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 94F, which means 95 or 96F at my place. Yawn

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun , it is fun still to know their are feeding there .
Tropical looking lol
85 or so here ,sunny , humid day .

They are calling for a high of 94F, which means a high of about 96F here. The next week? Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

High 89F (but I'm betting on lower 90's). Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. The wind change is due to a tropical disturbance right off east coast, that depending on which weather station you listen to could or could not bring some rain today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

83 and sunny for today here ,
Yesterdays Hibiscus ,

Thumbnail by juhur7

Awww, love hibiscus flowers.

It actually never did get above 86 at my house yesterday and was nice breezy, I even worked in the garden all day.
Not so today, the winds are back from the SSW so already hot and muggy, cloudy and 60% chance of rain, high 89.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Dry and cool. More like mid Sept.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

77 and low 50's tonight , cool weather and like greenbrain a little dry .

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

52 degrees this morning , might get to 80 for a high

sunkissed a smaller Hibiscus

Thumbnail by juhur7

Nice Ju, that almost looks like our native swamp hibiscus. Boy I could go for some night time 50's.
greenbrain, sounds good, send it on down here.
My Jeep thermometer said it was 95F yesterday, then it rained. Nights are in the upper 70's. Same thing all over today and the next week. 50% chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

It is a cool 64F this morning. Yesterday only got to 93F. They are calling for a high of 95F, so it could be 96 or 97F at my place. It might actually stay below 90F on Tuesday but I'm not holding my breath. They are calling for 101F later in the week.

My sister and her family are in Florida this week. They are staying in Smyrna Beach. I don't know if they will be staying there the whole time. No offence, but Florida is the next-to-the-last state I would go to in August. (The last would be Louisiana.) I don't do humidity anymore. Every day in my Facebook feed I get an ad for 'Beat the Heat in Idaho Falls.' I would love to. Highs are in the 70s with low humidity.

Hey Kell we are very close to New Smyrna beach takes about 45 minutes back roads. I try not to drive the highways, those people are crazy and can't do less than 80mph. But yeah August about our worst month for vacationers. Hopefully the tropical depression out there will bring up some nice shells for your family to find and good waves to watch. But I think it is too far out.

They are actually calling for a high of 85F today. We'll see what happens.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80 degree day , 75 now , 64 tonight , clear ,

They are calling for a high of 81F today, but I don't believe it.

This message was edited Aug 15, 2017 6:23 AM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80 and sunny here .

Hibiscus still blooming

Thumbnail by juhur7

It got to 77F yesterday, so DH won the contest of which is the first day to stay below 90F. We were both surprised. There is no prize. It is a game for the sake of being a game. The sun did not come out, which actually was refreshing. I heard that it rained for 30 minutes in Anaheim. That is not terribly close. They are calling for a high of 83F, which usually means 86F here. It will not cool down to stay until October or November. More 90s the rest of the week.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

87 here , sunny , Hot and Humid ,

Today they are calling for a high of 86F. That means 89F at my place.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rained this morning 74 degrees , near 80 now ,more rain forecast , mostly cloudy now

High 92F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Afternoon chance of rain 60%.

We spent the past week at the beach, some shots of rain clouds over the ocean, and a baby sea turtle heading out to sea.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

68 degree sunny morning here

Love the Turtle pic's , Sky looks to be saying it is the season

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.