We've officially added to our family

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

We now have 6 housecats since we just adopted another stray.

His name is Sylvester and he joins his brothers, (Bummy, who is a special needs kitty, and Porky), and his sisters Bug, Cricket and Weevil. Bug is the mommy of Cricket and Weevil. PSSSTTTT!!!! FAMILY SECRET!!!! We didn't get Bug to the vet quick enough. LOL!

Sylvester just got home from the vet's tonight after being neutered and having all his shots, and he looks so very unhappy! Sniff Sniff. I think maybe he's just still groggy from the anesthetic. But, we had to make a choice between leaving him outside for the winter after he's been with us all summer, or having him neutered and get his shots so he can sleep on the couch with the rest of the herd! LOL!!! We've been having him in the house periodically the last couple of weeks, and he seemed to adapt pretty well, so I hope he can find a way to be happy with our decision.

Our daughter's cat, on the other hand DIDN'T adapt as well, if you remember from my other post about how to get cats to get along. He is now at DD's dad's house and I hope he is doing well. We would have kept him too, but he didn't even want to try to get along with our cats. I feel bad about not being able to let him stay.

I think that since Sylvester was here all summer and the other cats got used to him when they went outside, it wasn't such a shock to them when he came inside. Oh, they still hiss and spit on occasion, but then, even our well established cats do that once in awhile. Come to think of it, so do our kids! LOL! You know, even DH and I do that once in awhile! I think it's a family thing. LOL

Just wanted to share our happy news with you all. We are excited.

Joan

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!