Bugs on raspberries friend or foe??

Toronto, Canada

I have these very tiny black & white bugs on my raspberry bush. The plant looks pretty healthy but it's not producing much fruit at all. Could these little bugs be the cause? If so what are they & how do I get rid if them.
Thanks!

Thumbnail by rmskiff
Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

No and no.
It looks like it could be a Twenty Spotted Lady Beetle. Psyllobora vigintimaculata
I read they eat mildew spores. I would think that is a good thing in the garden.
I would look for cultural causes. What type of raspberries and how old are the canes?

Toronto, Canada

Hi, thanks for your response! The little bugs are multiplying fast! So it's good to know they're more beneficial than harmful. The raspberry bush is new, I just planted it this year. The tag that came with the plant refers to it as Rubus Hybrid: 'Heritage' Red Raspberry. It is apparently supposed to bear fruit from July to September but like I said not a whole lot happening yet. I've had maybe 6 raspberries in total so far :( I have been fertilizing it as well & it looks really healthy just no fruit.

Thanks again for your response. If you have any suggestions/recommendations I'd love to hear them :)

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just time. Let the plant get established.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.