Newbie question: difference between diary / journal / blog? How to use

Lovell, ME(Zone 5a)

Hello, I'm new to this site and figuring thing out.

What is the difference between a diary, journal, and blog? They seem to have the potential for the same functionality depending on how you set them up, and I'm not seeing a whole lot of action on others' though maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Also, how does one "like" or "favorite" a plant to go back for easy reference? Is that possible?

I'd very much like to use something like this to plan and organize my garden thoughts, but I don't find the setup intuitive. Thanks for any help.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The little green tag at the top of a page next to the Facebook, Pinterest, etc. tags will mark a page for reference. If you go to your Member Page, you'll find links to your Garden Diary, Journal, and Trade Lists.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Honestly, I'm not sure all those features work correctly. You can also mark a page at the top and add it to your Watch List.

This message was edited Jul 13, 2017 10:03 AM

Lovell, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks so much, Cville. I'm not entirely sure they all work correctly, either, but your help is much appreciated.

Lovell, ME(Zone 5a)

The bookmark feature requires adding a public tag. That is what initially made me shy of it, but I'll jump in.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

You can uncheck the box that say allow others to see tags.

This message was edited Jul 15, 2017 1:04 PM

Lovell, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Cville, I'll play with that.

No ideas on how to "like" a plant?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.