Weather, July 2017

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Join us for latest weather & some nice pictures.
56 degrees & near sunup.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 85F, which means 88F at my place. Next week will get really hot again.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Heat n humidity are horrid, my a/c works well,

Thumbnail by kittriana
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Chilly for July 1, but I don't mind.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

85 or so here . hot sunny ,

Cattails trying to stay above yesterday's rain

Thumbnail by juhur7
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Hot, muggy and buggy, high to 90 if it doesn't rain, but it will rain. A chance of fireworks after dark.

Sunset July 1, after a whole day of rain.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 88F, which means 91F at my place.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We will see 90's here also , sunny , calm , chance of rain later

Daylily (Hemerocallis )

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Just beautiful daylilies, Juhur!!!
Gonna be a hot one here today, high of 94 and only a 30% chance of rain. Sunny.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you sun , we are at 83 , cloudy after a sunny morning , Very humid , heavy air day ,, we will see 90 likely ,
This morning daylily some the same as before some different

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

I like the daylilies. I lost all of mine in the drought except for some seedling crosses in pots

They are calling for a high of 101F. Facebook has a barf emoji. I need that here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

They like cool humid weather , Difficult to pollinate that way though ,
70 degree rainy day .

Hummingbird Moth

Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

91 was high today, now 89. Bright sun. no breeze.
Cooler tomorrow.

Juhur, we have probably not had cool, humid weather at this time of year since the last ice age.

They are calling for a high of 106F.

I don't know if I showed these before, but these are daylily crosses - nothing fancy. I didn't have much to work with. The first two have the same parents but came out different, which is what I was hoping for. I have one more that has buds. I missed the first flower on that plant. I also have one that bloomed last year but had different parents. That is the third picture. The fourth picture is one of a sibling of the first two that bloomed last year but it died.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2017 6:47 AM

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli

Enjoying all the daylilies! Nice catch of the hummingbird moth, not an easy task.

Another hot one today, high 95, humidity not as high though, only a 30% chance of rain.

Last night sun still blazing at quarter till 8PM, usually we have lots of clouds at that time.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli You also have the Hot weather and water problems That can limit the Daylily numbers to choose from ,

Sunkissed , The Moth flew right up to me while was photo snapping the Bee Balm , A gift I guess for all the no pic able as fluttering random Butterflies this season
it is about 85 Mostly sunny , very humid , Severe Thunderstorm Watch ,

Cooler this morn, 73, yesterday rained early and then cleared giving us a nicer afternoon in the upper 70's. Today high 93/76 low and 60% chance of rain.

Nice to have a beautiful creature wander into your camera lens view. ;-)

Last night the power went off before the house was fully cooled down, My room was 85F so I slept downstairs in the family room. Some genius thought this was a good time to fire off pyrotechics, so I had to listen to my iPod. Noise-cancelling headphones only were not sufficient. Listening to music while I sleeping is not the best-case scenario. The family room started at 76F and went up to 78F by morning. I still had to keep the with the head phones and iPod after the pyrotechinics are over because the cable box for the telephone was humming, I could hear it at either end of the couch. The refrigerator was dripping. I couldn't hear that. The power was off for 11 hours. The power was off two or there times in the past 9 days. You'd think a first-world country would do better than that. We do not have a shortage of electricity. We pay (yes, pay) Arizona to take our excess electricity. If New Orleans is the Big Easy, then Los Angeles is the Big Stupid. The power is on now. The stuff in freezer seem frozen.

We went to Mt. Pinos yesterday. It is 8831 feet elevation. It was probably 75F in the sun. It was nice. I was tired for the rest of the day, then I couldn't get good sleep because the power was out. This may be a nap day. At our house, they were calling for a high of 110F. When we got home, it was warmer in our house than what it was on Mt. Pinos. They are calling for a high of 99F today. That means it will probably break 100F here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli Sounds like interesting times

We will see 90 or so , sunny now storms forecast tomorrow .

Kell, that sure is a long time without power. Our power rarely goes out here, even in the most wicked Thunderstorms, only flickers.
No rain yesterday, boomed all around us and enjoyed the cool down without the water.
Today high 92 low 75F and a 50% chance of rain later. Garden looking like a jungle!

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Stormy night. Just to the east of us. 2 small tornadoes lots of huge hail, some as big as 4".
We got a little rain.
Now overcast & 68 degrees.

This morning it was an icky 73F with 72% humidity. If the day doesn't start out with some coolness, it is hopeless. I guess it is raining in AZ or there is a hurricane off Baja. They are calling for a high of 94F, which means 97F at my place. DH said that it rained for 30 seconds last night.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli that sounds like our morning here , 87 the forecast high ,mostly cloudy , wind getting stronger started at about 12 mph

Today the local station shows the next seven days the exact same thing, high 92-93, low 75-76 with a 40-60% chance of rain. Typical July weather. Boring really.

They are calling for a high of 94F, which means 97F at my place. I know it will be icky because the air conditioner came on at 5:30AM.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

72 degrees , Rain and thunderstorms , Last night also
Flash Flood Watches and Warnings ,
Heavy Rain currently ,

They are calling for a high of 88F. That means it will be 91F at my place.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hot , sunny . 90's day , light breeze , A couple of daylily . and Mr Tribbles tired and worn out after stringing his way through Magazines

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hotter than blazes yesterday, 93 with high dew point. Florida weather.
Today low dew point & 66 degrees.
Spent the morning tying & pruning tomatoes. Got though all 260.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

They are calling for a high of 92F, which means 94 or 95F at my place.

Special Statement
Issued: 8:11 PM PDT Jul. 12, 2017 – National Weather Service

... Hot conditions return with elevated fire danger for interior
portions of southwest California this weekend...

Hot temperatures with elevated fire danger is expected for
interior portions of southwest California Saturday and Sunday.
For southern portions of Santa Barbara County that are prone to
sundowner winds (including the Whittier fire), elevated fire
danger is expected by Friday evening due to a weak to moderate
sundowner, combined with increasing temperatures and lowering
humidities.

Triple digit heat is expected to be widespread across interior
areas extending into the warmest valley locations Saturday and
Sunday. In addition, very warm overnight low temperatures in the
70s and lower 80s in the mountains and foothills will add to the
heat stress in these areas. There is also the potential for
increased humidity over the weekend as weather models continue
show a possible surge of monsoonal moisture into the area. The
increased humidity would also add to heat stress, similar to the
latest heat wave.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

CG 260 Tomato plants is a bunch , well , I think Bushels works better for that ,
94 degrees here , yesterday you could swim in the humidity , it rained towards afternoon off and on , sun would return , everything would steam ,then that would repeat ,, made for a sauna ,

Kelli , Stay Aware and stay safe in that ,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rain and 86 degrees

I could sure go for some of those tomatoes!

According to NOAA- The U.S. saw 2nd warmest year to date on record - http://www.noaa.gov/news/us-saw-2nd-warmest-year-to-date-on-record-and-warmer-than-average-june

Forecast for today at 4PM, hottest part of day...89 °F, feels like 97 °F, Dew point 72°F, humidity 58%, rain chance 20%, mostly cloudy.

Bromeliad blooming in my garden.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 97F. Where is the tired-of-this emoji? If I'm lucky, I only have three more months of this.

I think this summer is hotter than usual. DH thinks it is the same as usual.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We will be near 90 today , sunny ,

Kelli Time for Orson Wells and Paul Newman to make an Appearance , ( a long hot summer )

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Green Bay, occasional mists, I believe the green pic is also Wis and hi water, with fog in dwntwn Milwaukee yesterday. Temps abt 70's

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Home sweet home. Wellll, 93*, 90% humidity. More thunder than rain...tho the sauna effect is perfectly steamy

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt Home is nice , !
made it to 85 degrees or so here ,sunny mostly

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

91 degrees, just plain HOT!

Juhur, yes, every year, long hot summer.

They are calling for a high of 99F. The rest of the week will only be slightly better. Summer is the time for staying indoors.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.