2017 Mug Swap Reveal/Show us your Ugly Mug!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Welcome to the 2017 Mug Swap Reveal!

We came from the interest thread here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=10304878

We're a diverse group with many of us maintaining friendships across space and time, into new social media, and some long-time virtual pals.

No matter what changes between us, we will always have our MUGS in common. Now in our seventh year, some of us have built up quite a beautiful, meaningful mugly collection. :)

Super secret swap partners have been issued, and we are closed to new participants.

This is a mug swap only, but other mug-related paraphernalia that might suit your swap partner's muglee preferences may be included.

Please let all packages ship on or before June 30 with delivery confirmation. Kindly send me and only me the DC number from your package so we can keep track of our uglee mugs.

Reserved for Participants:

AmandaEsq (Amanda): Received from Jaye
Taters55 (LK): Received from Kelly S.
Joeswife (Debra): Received from Mary F.
Ridesredmule (Charleen): Received from Nancy
Alikat32 (Candi): Received from Charlene
NF2932 (Nancy): Received from Debra
Sara B (FB): Received from LK
Mary F (FB): Received from Carole
Outlawhart (Kelly/FB): Received from Sara B.
CvilleGardner (Carole): Received from Candi
Heavenscape (Jaye): Received from Amanda

Let's have some fun!!!
xo
A.

Image courtesy http://www.mollieandfred.co.uk

This message was edited Jun 30, 2017 10:01 PM

This message was edited Jul 5, 2017 1:40 AM

This message was edited Jul 9, 2017 10:30 PM

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.
My box is packed, and ready to go to the post office Monday.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Mine Muglee swapee received mine. She posted on FB

I got my box today. Thanks so much to Kelly, for an awesome box of goodies.
I got a beautiful hummingbird mug, and very cute honey dipper jar, several packages of coffee's, lattes, hot chocolate, and teas, and I also got an awesome matching apron and hot mit.
Thanks so much for all the wonderful things you sent Kelly.
Sorry about the sideways pictures. I guess DG still needs to fix some things.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Winnetka, CA

Boxes have begun to roll out already... you guys are so organized!! I am still trying to get some ideas for my muglee swap pal... but will get my box out before the 30th.

Linda congrats on a nice box of goodies!!

Amanda, I sent you a dmail response to your question.

Cville.... what did you send your swap partner? Nancy

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HI Everyone!
Nice boxes so far! Can you tell me the FB page to search for.....I'll look there too for other pics!
Nancy - I'm with you....I haven't gotten my box together yet but am on the hunt for just the right things! I'll have mine out this week too!
Linda - love the box full of goodies! What is the beehive thing? The mug is fantastic!

You fill it with honey. It is a honey dipper.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Quote from AliKat32 :
HI Everyone!
Nice boxes so far! Can you tell me the FB page to search for.....I'll look there too for other pics!
Nancy - I'm with you....I haven't gotten my box together yet but am on the hunt for just the right things! I'll have mine out this week too!
Linda - love the box full of goodies! What is the beehive thing? The mug is fantastic!

Here is the link for the mug swap on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UglyMugSwap/

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Candi- I added you to the FB group under your husband's name. Look for the group called "annual mug swap." You should have full access. Let me know if you need help.

Nancy- let me see if I can come up with more info for you.

xo
A.
P.s. I have been challenged NOT TO SHIP LAST hahahaha.

So. My shopping is done. The challenge now is to get to a post office when I (1) work out of town (2) schedule 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (3) before Friday (3) on my 30 minute lunch break.

WHEEEEEE! keep you posted. :)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I'm mailing tomorrow....I have just a few more things to get done and into the box....been adding little bits all week!

You have quite a challenge - go go go.....maybe you need to click and ship it - just print your label and then you'll totally get it mailed by your 30min lunch time frame!
XO

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I got a fantastic box today from Charleen! Thank you so much for all the goodies inside! I really love the tea cup placements - did you make them? They are super cute! The mugs are adorable....I have a hidden gnome mug and another cabin/woodland mug! Treats too! THANKS again!

Thumbnail by AliKat32
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

It's official - I've mailed my box out!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Whee! New mugs and goodies for everyone. ❤

So happy to receive a fun box last evening from Jaye Blanchard, fka "heavenscape" here on DG. Will post pictures this afternoon.

Thanks for the head's up, Candi.

I fell asleep in my chair and left the dog on the porch with the front door wide open till about 3:30 a.m. hmm.

Packing my box this morning. Haul to the p.o. at lunch. If all goes accordingly. But work is always fluctuating. Yesterday morning we went out to do Stormwater drain inspections and discovered a foamy substance entering a large retention pond. We traced it back to a business a level above which had had a "leak" the day before. They had scooped up this powder/foam and into a dumpster. Then moved each dumpsterful to the tree line and poured it out there. We arrived as they were hosing the rest into the storm drain behind the building. A routine 10 minute inspection turned In to 8 fire trucks and representatives from 6 local agencies. Three hours later we were back for lunch. And then back out in the afternoon for more inspections. Ack.

Um, but that's my day, and the new job is awesome. Must drink more coffee to stay away I guess. :D

A.

I love all you got from Charleen.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Picture of my muglee package from Jaye! A prescription bottle mug and a grenade that says "complaint department, take a number" and a ring with the #1 attached and ready to pull. :)

And, glad to say my package shipped today.

Hope all's well.

Nancy, I'm going to fb now to try to add your daughter to the mug swap page.

xox

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Winnetka, CA

Hi Muglee pals!

Me too!! I just fired off a dmail to Amanda with the tracking info. I stopped on the way home from work and dropped my box off tonight. Am I the last member to send my package out?

I'm so happy to see the photos of boxes that have been received... so fun to virtually experience the mugs!! There have been some interesting mugs this year... and those teacup placemats are very unique!! Hope everyone is enjoying the swap!! I sure am!

Amanda .. your job does sound like it could be pretty lively!! -:) Got your dmail about FB and let my daughter know. Let me know if you hear from her.

Have a great evening all!! Nancy

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Quote from NF2932 :
Boxes have begun to roll out already... you guys are so organized!! I am still trying to get some ideas for my muglee swap pal... but will get my box out before the 30th.

Linda congrats on a nice box of goodies!!

Amanda, I sent you a dmail response to your question.

Cville.... what did you send your swap partner? Nancy

Nancy, My box is not going out until the 5th of July or so... :P

Here is a pic of my Mug swap goodies, Thanks Mary! Love the Joe coffee, huge mug and the bubbles are going to keep me and the two little girls next door busy on a cool summer evening. :D

Thumbnail by joeswife
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Nancy - I'm going to get those pics loaded here if your daughter doesn't join us!

Hope you have a good evening. I'm not finished with my zoo chores so I'd better git.
xox
A.

Winnetka, CA

Hello Muglee pals,

Happy 4th of July to all you patriots out there!!

Well... my box arrived yesterday and all I can say is that I am truly ASTOUNDED at the amount of goodies held in that box!! Debra, you really outdid yourself. I am posting some photos here and will try to list all the goodies... forgive me if I miss anything... it was a BIG box of goodies!! -:)

There were two lovely mugs... one with 'Advice from the Garden" and the 2nd was a lovely hummingbird mug... I love both of them! Along with this was a large bag of Papua New Guinea coffee beans which smell heavenly!! I plan to enjoy a big cup of this coffee this coming Saturday morning... can't wait!! AND... Debra is sending a package of Peets coffee by separate post!! AMAZING!! I feel so spoiled already and I haven't even begun to list everything.
There was a cute little flashlight which I will carry in my purse... it will come in handy when trying to unlock the front door in the dark!! (I needed one of these... how did you know?) an adorable little swan planter which I think would look sweet with some violas in it... two cork coasters with doves, a box of 'Treatology' flavor concentrates... 'spicy chili pepper', 'creamy cappuccino' and 'salted caramel' flavors, a soy aroma therapy candle 'lavender rose'... (smells wonderful), O'Keeffes working ( - hand cream, (this will be put to good use!) a package of 'sun dried tomatoes' - from your garden Debra? Yumm!! and... some assorted note cards that Debra designed!

Now for the seeds! omgosh... Debra knows I love my pollinator garden... let's see... there was:
liatris
blue asters
american bellflower
asiatic lilly seeds
white butterfly pea fine
orange noah morning glories
giant yellow hyssop
black-eyed susan vine
sweet peas
phlox
purple milkweed
money plant (from her sisters garden)
black locust tree
vitex
pink-elephant gaura
mondarda (butterfly mix)
dusky pink hollyhocks
honey locust tree
eupatorium h.
lavender dames rocket
datura inoxia
frost weed
jewell of opar
clematis florida sieboldii
cupplant
kansas native milkweed
a surprise package of seedmix from 'yards of many'

Obedient plant cuttings ....lavender (my favorite color!!) love to receive cuttings from my DG buddies gardens!!!

One question Debra... the cuttings in the white paper bag with the clear plastic over it... I didn't see an ID on them... more obedient plant or? I will take them out tonight and look them over... maybe I can identify them... lots, and lots of cuttings from Debra... I am sooooo excited!!

Gosh... I am speechless at all these goodies... what a wonderful swap this has been... I am unable to express how blessed I am...but I hope you know Debra... you really outdid yourself!

Pics:
1) back side of the Garden advice mug
2) closeup of the Papua New Guinea coffee beans
3) mugs, coffee & coasters
4) seeds, cuttings and various goodies in closeup
5) I tried to get a photo of it all together to show you all how many goodies were in my box ... wowsers!!

I hope I didn't forget anything, but as you can see this box was loaded with treats!
Thanks again Debra for a wonderful box of goodies!! I loved everything...

Amanda... I am working with my daughter... I sent you a dmail. Thanks so much for all you've done putting this swap together us all... I'm having a wonderful time participating and enjoying the photos that have been posted! Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932

Nancy, that is an awesome box. Debra, sure knows how to pack her boxes full of goodies.

YAY! there are Monarda with roots, and the black locust tree you wanted, in the other bag not marked obedient plants, and some sweet yellow coneflowers( brown eyed susan) with roots, ( round stem) have fun! (((hugs))) So glad I got on DG tonight while the neighborhood sounds like a war zone.
Here are some pics, Nancy of what to expect of the monardas and dames rocket...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow Nancy. You made out like a bandit! I might be green with envy if I didn't already have too many unplanted plants and too many packets of seed.

Debra, I am astounded by your generosity! What a thoughtful package. You made the mugly trade like Christmas in July.

Let me see ladies - I think we have one more package on the wing? It's late (very) and a school night so I'll post more tomorrow.

My heart is full. :)
xo
A.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wonderful box, Nancy! Very special.

Nancy I meant to tell you there is a purple Oxalis in the swan >..:P Sorry I didn't put a note in about that one. Have a good day everyone!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I agree that it's so enjoyable to grow things from other people's gardens. I have some of Debra's Yellow Giant Hyssop, Jaye's Angelpod, Amanda's White Snakeroot and Chocolate Snakeroot, and now Candi's Ligularia, Masterwort and Lady's Mantle. Plus others that I can't think of at the moment.

Winnetka, CA

Oh Debra.... I just had to pick myself up off the floor... love all of those plants and they will be well loved by my pollinators as well. The color of the dames rocket is so pretty... I have wanted to grow it for some time now... it's such a sweet plant and right up my alley color-wise..... i'm just so excited about the cuttings too... we are headed into triple digits the next few days though...I may have to keep them in water for a few days... think that will be ok? I would hate, hate, hate to plant them all and lose them to the heat.

Cville... you have some great plants there from your DG pals! Sweet!! -:) I'm betting that lady's mantle will be gorgeous!!!... and I am intrigued by Debra's giant hyssop... I may sneak some of those seeds into the church gardens as well as my own.. we have tons of room there and they would no doubt bring in some butterflies. I have so many plants from DG buddies... and every time I look at them... I think of my DG friends... it's just a double blessing!

My box is set to arrive on Thursday... I just checked the tracking and it's landed... hope my muglee partner loves her goodies as much as I do!

Have a lovely day everyone!! Nancy

Happy birthday AliKat/Candi! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

From Charleen on FB.

She's not on DG, and Nancy's not on FB.

"Oooooo, I got the bestest gifts. I love them all and Nancy F. for me my mug partner. She did an awesome job. Safe and secure Thank you, I love it all."

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

That's it Muglies!

Another successful mug swap, and by successful I mean you all outdid yourselves again. ❤

Thank you so much for continuing this awesome tradition.

I'll leave this thread open for comments but as far as I can tell everyone has shipped/received their swap box. Let me know if you didn't! Haha.

xo
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

Thanks for the great swap! I enjoy this one so much.

I did too! Thanks so much for hosting it. Nancy, I am sending you another box as soon as it drops down to the 80's again.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Another great mug swap, Amanda. Thanks for the tradition.

Winnetka, CA

Oh Amanda... thanks so much for posting the pic to the reveal... I am soooo glad Charlene enjoyed her box of goodies!!

Love mine... and Debra I can't wait!! Big smile on my face!! I drank some of my coffee this weekend and it was super!! I am really enjoying it... with the temps so high this past weekend I drank it while sitting in my pool ... and that's a really fun thing to do for those of you who have never tried it.... LOL! I think I have developed a new routine... drink my coffee in the pool on hot summer mornings.... -:)

Amanda....It has been so much fun this time around!! Thank you so very much for hosting this swap (and being so creative and patient with me not having a FB account) You always make it very special for the rest of us and we really appreciate it!!

Have a wonderful rest of your day muglee pals!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.