White Flower Border

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

I have been working on creating a small white flower border.

So far, what established plants I have in it are a clump of white lilacs,(greatly reduced) some boltonias, asters, a rock rose (Cistus)and a couple of peonies. I have sown some alyssum along the front as a border (not up yet) and I plan to sow some parsley behind it for contrast and depth. There are some white violets clumped under the lilac. Later I will be sowing some sweet peas on the arbor adjacent to the garden, and planting a hardy Hibiscus 'Blue River II'. Later I will be sowing some cosmos.

I moved some of my wild white daisies in there in scattered clumps for a temporary filler, as they grow quickly and provide late spring flowers. I have Iris 'Immortality' lining the fence, in front of white daffodils and tulips, hopefully disguising the bulb foliage as it dies down.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2017 9:23 PM

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!