Dahlias to Trade

Fairfield, VA

I've been growing dahlias for 5 years and always gave my extra tubers to a local garden club for their Spring Sale. However last year they cancelled the sale due to rain and I was left with a LOT of tubers that I had to find good homes for. So this year I've decided to trade with other dahlia lovers. I'll do trades on a 1:1 basis and I'll pay the postage to you and you do the same to me. If any tubers don't eye up I'll replace them. I want to establish long term trading partners. I'm a new paid member and longtime user of Dave's list. Send me a D-mail and I'll send you a list of what I have available. Thanks.

Winnetka, CA

Hi nancyva!

I'm a Nancy too!.... just reading your post and wondering if you might be willing to share a couple of tubers for postage? I don't have any dahlias of my own...otherwise I would gladly share! I have been trying to grow them for several years after visiting Swan Island Dahlias in Canby Oregon where I fell in love with them. I am a long time gardener... over 50 years and have great success with most everything, but for some reason I haven't done well with dahlias in the past. I am nothing if not persistent however -:) and am still trying my hand. I do live in a climate where there are very hot summers, so I am experimenting with how much sun/water they receive.... and how deep to plant the tubers, staking etc. etc. I've been reading a great deal about them and hoping for some measure of success if I keep working at it! I generally get a good size plant, but very little flowering and they don't come back the following season... I think I need to learn a little more about pinching them out and helping them to become a little sturdier.....Anyway....hopefully that didn't scare you too much and I would completely understand if you didn't want to share your tubers with a failure... LOL! And I know you said you were looking for a long term partner... but nevertheless... as my husband always says... 'you won't know if you don't ask'.... -:) give it some thought and let me know what you think. Whatever you decide is fine.....I do have some amazing amaryllis bulbs I'd be happy to share with you... I have great success with those. I too have been with Dave's Garden many years and have received some wonderful trades over the years... they are always more beloved when shared by a fellow gardener! Let me know what you think. Nancy

Hampton, VA(Zone 7b)

Do you still have Dahlia tubers for trade? I have lilies (Asiatic & Oriental), Amaryllis & Cannas I can trade for :)

Morgan City, LA

I am growing my first ever "Mom's Special" Dahlia this season. I don't have any other dahlias but I have African iris, lots of paperwhite narcissus and red spider lilies. Please check my trade list to see if anything interests you. I am a new Dave's garden member and am looking for long term traders I can rely on.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.