Dogwood and redbud \"feud fence\"

Ivanhoe, NC(Zone 8a)

We have about a mile of property that fronts on two state roads. I'm looking to creat what my DH calls a "feud fence" between my land (a horse farm) and the road. After much thought a research I figured I want to plant a double row of mostly white dogwood with some redbud tossed in. The objective of the tree line is to obscure the horses from the road, not to entirely hide them. One close by property did much the same thing by putting in crape myrtle.
I'm in Coastal Carolina zone 8 a and "a half". The two dogwood varieties I have thought about using are "Appalachian Spring" or "Cloud Nine". What I can't find is what is the difference between those two varieties. Because the trees would be planted near roads the need to remain on the short side. There are no telephone wires overhead yet... But who knows what will happen in the next 40 years?

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!