Please help my European beech

Modesto, CA

Hello I have a European beech that was doing great(I'll post pics) and literally overnight, it just shriveled up Now I'm afraid it may be a goner. It did dry out, but only for 1 day and it's happened before without this happening. I'm concerned it may be a pest problem, which I don't really see how it could happennot so quickly overnight, or more likely, I may have over fertilized with a michorrizae fertilizer. Seeing as I also have a contorted qunice that did the same ecar thing overnight. I really don't know. All of the quinces outer shoots shriveled and died. You'll see the leaves are discolded yellowish. Any help greatly appreciared

Thumbnail by mora2817 Thumbnail by mora2817 Thumbnail by mora2817 Thumbnail by mora2817
Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

Well, they look crispy. You say your quince did the same thing? Was it at the same time? Did you fertilize both of them or use any chemicals on or near them? Otherwise, it looks like it was either in strong sun before it hardened off or dry too long. You have some fresh green so take care of it and don't use any strong fertilizer like miracle grow and it might outgrow the damage. I would plant it in some compost in a bigger pot and not fertilize for a while.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.