Best/Worse/What did I Learn today? chat with friends old/new..join us!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1438701/?page=12#post_10284035

This message was edited Mar 22, 2017 8:06 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, about the same as yesterday so I'm going to be a couch/bed potatoe..when I get dressed I will head down to the pharmacy and see what he can suggest.

Barb great news an out Norm

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Take care Betty.

Lyndonville, NY

Good idea to head to the pharmacy....but with your health matters, might now want to mess with too many meds and head to the doctors! Between kidneys and your head.....you need certain scripts that will help and not harm.

Don't make me come up there Bessie Lou!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Really it's just a cold..just woke up, going to see if I've soup, then back to bed

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hi all - sorry I've been MIA. With the nicer weather, and Spring here, I've felt like Spring cleaning. Doing more straightening around the house than outside. Outside is yucky with snow, water, ice & mud. Went to the post office for a walk - 2 1/2 blocks. Yesterday I went to the Arena to go crafting - 1/4 mile.walk each way.
Betty - I hope you're feeling better now

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, suppose to hit a night of 39 today, still too cold to go outside, not that I'm up to working outside but sure would be nice to do so.

It's another Jammie day..did go downstairs and put a load in the washer, went into craft room looked around and said 'not today'😢
Few more days should be right as rain..

Susan, read your post and thought to myself, omg she is out curling, re read and saw crafting, of course I was wearing glasses. Lol. Glad you are doing so well, just don't overdo.

How are you both Barb and Norm?

Deb, Sharon had tests done on her pregnant mom, seems there were 3 but one is dead, likely about a week, she is saddened of this news as you can imagine....how are the pups doing, am sure they've grown to quite a size already

Waving to all

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

So sorry for Sharon, know it is hard knowing of a dead pup. Mine are all doing good, eyes should be opening soon.

Glad to hear you're getting out and about, Susan! Just don't overdo it!
Hope Norm is recovering quickly, and that Todd is following doctor's orders.

It's supposed to be in the upper 70's here tomorrow! Wish the warmer weather would stay over the weekend, but it's supposed to be in the 50's and rain Sat and Sun.

Deb

Victoria Harbour, ON

Isn't that always the way, best temps in on weekdays and lousy weekend weather..same for here

Victoria Harbour, ON

Quiet here today, hoping it's because weather is fantastic and you are out enjoying the sunshine, or at least sitting enjoying ray spearing through.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Today was just a so/so day. We had a bit of the runs and a bout of bad nausea but he seems to be bouncing back from that. Didn't sleep too good last night either so we are hoping for a better night tonight. I have heard it said that the 3-5 days at home after a big surgery are the hardest so this will be behind us soon. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sorry to hear that Barb, but yes I've heard same about the later days being worse..
Sleep well tonight!

Heading to bed myself
Night night

Sure hope you are feeling better soon Betty.

Barb, keeping you both in our prayers.

Been fighting a bad toothache today, not for sure if it is sinus' or what.

Waking up to a much better morning with Norm. It seems whatever was bothering his tummy is now gone. Says he feels much better. Very tired. I don't think he realized just how big an operation this was. But he is getting the idea......
Need to do my breathing machine....

Victoria Harbour, ON

GOOD morning everyone, feel I'm in the land of the living, still not 100% but almost there. Aunt Muriel dropped in with excedrin flu/cold , a morning capsul and night capsul, was too late to take the morning one, took the night one and now a morning one, don't know if it's that which made the improvement but I'm a happy camper.

Great news Barb, each day you will see him get stronger..bet once he is healed he won't believe the change in energy

Raining here today, only plowed snowbanks remains, few days of rain should take care of that..omg everything looks so dirty yuk

I think of LINDA play having flowers/roses and so wish I'd have some..

Going to wash my floors en go see what fabric aunt Muriel dropped off yesterday I will keep or throw away

What is in your day?

Good morning everyone.
Glad to hear everyone is doing better.

Betty, your flowers will be in bloom before you know it.

Off to see the chiropractor in a bit, then to the Dr. for my yearly physical.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Do you have to go to San Antonio for that Lindakay?

Lol won't be till end of May before I'm seeing a flower

See the pretty chenille Karen sent me

Victoria Harbour, ON

Forgot photo

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

No, I see a local Dr. for my yearly visits.

That chenille is beautiful.

Lyndonville, NY

Love the chenille. Have a old spread in attic I would love to make some pillows out of but it was DH's so I have to wait. It won't fit any of the beds here....would love to see it about.

Betty, glad you are feeling better. One more day of slow and steady!!

We have rain. Looks to be a freezing rain off and on for the day.

Linda Kay good luck at the docs.

Today is DS's birthday....have to make him a special treat. He will be coming down this afternoon. I can't believe he is 24 and 6' 2"....and I am only 35. How did that happen!!! Smirk

I do have some daffodils up with blooms, tulips up about 4 inches, little hyacinths showing, and my succulants are popping up....lilac leaves starting to pop also.

Waving to all...have a good day. Pray I stay out of trouble and my mouth shut the next 3 days.....or Betty may get a guest in her shed. I could live in the boat!!! haha

Victoria Harbour, ON

Always welcome Debbie and bring your chenille. Lol
Can't believe you are that ahead of me re flowers but you don't get the snow we do.
Happy birthday Shane..

Won't overdo, nauseated a tad but likely the Tylenol, worth it though so won't complain.

Took out one of the tops mom cross stitched, the lines for quilting have faded to I'm sitting marking them out..Drats, don't have backing so hoping to get to Barrie tomorrow

Hard to mark lines when Ziggy has taken over

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Verona, ON

Betty and Debbie I thought of you 2 when I saw a news clip who listened to her GSP and shouldn't have. She almost died - I think it was 5 days before she reached help.
I do know she wasn't in corn fields.
D

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

"don't overdo" lol of course I will, and did, but I think in the long run this is a good thing. I'm stepping up & down my kitchen step stool - it's a good thing.
Walking to the Post Office, then the Arena is 1/4 mi there & then back home again the same.
Feeling sore today, but it's good.
Bob & I have been moving stuff around the dining area - now the corian topped cabinet, the bookcase & pantry are arranged to where we can get into all of them. Went outside and started getting rid of paint that had gotten frozen, and moved stuff that's no longer frozen to the ground. This is also a good thing.

Victoria Harbour, ON

We are all on a spring cleaning mission.susan bet it's a good tired you are feeling..when can you move into the new area.

Dianne, likely easily done, not sure they know when roads have been closed for bigger highways..we were following a wagon train rut, don't laugh we really were..
Getting better weather in your neck of the woods?

Put in a somewhat good day today, last week I made a trip to the dump, today yet another, amazing how big the back is when sets are down

Dropped in to Taylor tires, appt Friday at 3:30 to have winters taken off and new ones put on. Told him not to give me the post expensive ones as I don't know if I'll buy a new one this year, if $588 is cheap I have no idea how much expensive ones are.

Felt like a druggie, picked up Tylenol flu, gravol,night quil and one other..replenished and ready to next mishap or cold.

Hardly a soul grocery shopping..can hardly find a spot for the groceries..have to stop buying for awhile

Big yawn..tired so maybe have supper a d head to bed early seeing I want to go at least to Barrie in the morning

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lindakay, how,did your tests go?

Everything is fine, but my cholesterol. Meds are not working, so need to take more.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

When the Drs thought Bob had cholesterol problems, he was passing out. Are you having this kind of difficulty, LK?

Betty - Bob's still working on the den. Looks like our helpers aren't showing up, so he's trying to do what he can. We don't have ceiling lights put in, and can't until the drywall is finished. No idea when it will be finished and ready to use. Just want it done.......
Now that the dining area is cleared, I'm happy with it. Bob will see if he can get our dining room table out of the shed. It may be too far back in, to get.

Just a quick visit this morning. Hope you can regulate your cholesterol meds LK. That can be hard to do sometimes.
Norm has had a couple of not good days. Between the runs and the nausea he is just plain exhausted. Now that those are subsiding, I hope he can get some good sleep. He has just been dozing for three days now. Say a prayer for him please.....
Sure wish you were feeling better Betty. Sounds like you are fatigued also.
Hope Bob gets the help he needs soon Susan.

This message was edited Mar 25, 2017 7:49 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all,

Mixed bag of weather here but think I will venture out to my Westlee ruler class in Barrie, need to get with people and fresh air..don't have to be there until 9:45 so can enjoy the ride

Barb prayers coming your way..major major operation so he is bound to have good and bad days for some time,hard to watch though, you feel so helpless but I'm sure you are Norms angel right now

Lindakay, hope new meds work...special diet for cholesterol right? How is Todd doing? You haven't been to see the kids in awhile, guess you will go to San Antonio or they will come down to visit at Easter?

Susan, so close and yet so far from a completed project, annoying for sure..can't imagine how frustrated you must be.

Best I get a move on

I have been on med for cholesterol for years. Last year i was told i am beginning to get a fatty liver, caused by the meds, so I was told to cut back on the meds. Yesterday I was told my liver enzymes are better, but cholesterol went up. A catch 22 no matter what.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I had bad reactions to the cholestesterol meds so now refuse to take them. The statins just messed me up bad. Dr. knows I won't budge so leaves me alone about it. I feel I deal with enough that I don't care to add problems.

Barb, I feel so bad for Norm. That is a huge surgery, it messes with your whole system and it can take a while before he gets back to normal.I would feel so nauseated, I was living on small bits of Cream of wheat and it even upset me at times. I would sit with my eyes closed until hubby fixed some for me to get my meds down with. Not trying to make this about me just sympathizing with Norm and know where he's at. I don't enjoy the hospital at all but do feel that patients are sometimes sent home too early to deal with some of the after affects and adjustments your body is trying to make.

It has been quite the experience for me. He is trying so hard to make this as easy on me and our daughter as he can and we are trying so hard to convince him that he has to take it slow. He is so hungry but is almost afraid to eat. But he also knows he must in order to take his meds. So he does eat, takes his meds and half hour later is trying to run to the bathroom. Things are starting to stay down now so we are hoping that phase is over. My son the chef is shopping for us today and coming tomorrow to make up meals that I can keep in the freezer. That will be a big help to me as I can't stand too long to cook. He is resting for a while so I think I will too. Listening for his cough through the night has left me tired out too. Wish he would eat some oatmeal or cream of wheat Karen but he won't.....
Glad to see you are feeling better Betty.
Slow but sure Susan.

Sorry to hear Norm is going through this. It could be all the pain meds making him sick.
A few years ago, my sis went in to have the gastric sleeve surgery done, she woke up so sick, and stayed that way for 3 months, till they figured out it was her pain pills. She was a large lady, and they figured she needed stronger meds. Well, her system can't handle it, and she was overdosing with them.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening, 5:15pm and I'm in bed..thought I felt better than I guess I am
Did about 1/2 of what I planned to do but satisfied with my day..
Enjoyed the trunk quilt show..Lordy some do amazing works, bought some Westlee templates and joined a thread painting class that will be held in a few weeks

Haven't had a physical in about ten years, guess all those tests all the times I was hospitalized in April likely would have shown cholesterol problems had I had some right?

Karen you've been through so much these past few years that you can always help us out when we are faced with difficulties.

Only been a week+ that Norm has had his operation, maybe he thinks he should be further along..sure doesn't need a relapse so slow but sure..am sure your children are only too pleased to be able to help, they appreciate the fact that with their help it makes it much easier and less stressful

Going to close my eyes for a bit

Norm is back in the hospital. His left lung is congested and they are keeping him overnight. Will know more when Stacy gets back here to Hillsborough.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

So sorry Barb, congestion is hard for him to have right now.

My BIL in NC went into the hospital today, kind of sounds like he had a stroke but unfortunately he's in a VA Hospital and they are doing nothing until Monday. Making me crazy but he insists on going there.

This message was edited Mar 25, 2017 7:10 PM

Lyndonville, NY

Barb hugs and prayers for you and Norm
Did they send him.home with the tube to blow nto...blow the ball in it up to clear lungs? Helps clear lungs after anesthesia and prevent congestion.

Get some rest. They will give him fluids and adjust.meds...and get him back home.

Hugs
Debbie

Verona, ON

Holding you and Norm close to my heart Barb. Sending huge but gentle hugs your way.
Dianne and her TH

Thank you so much dear friends for your warm thoughts. I talked with him this morning and he says he feels terrible. His pillow is his best friend... I don't dare go to the hospital as I am a tad congested too. Don't want to make him worse and mine is caught soon enough for meds to work. COPD just doesn't like colds!!!!
he didn't bring home anything for breathing Deb. Stacy is going down a bit later so I'll know more then.....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning everyone..

Just got up, wasn't the news I wanted to hear Barb, you must be beside yourself with worry...poor Norm, bad enough to have had to do through such a big operation to now be dealing with a setback..better they keep him a few days and monitor what is going on, is he in local hospital or back to where his surgery was done? Mor ayers coming your way.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.